Archived Transferring to another store?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was a seasonal hire this year at a location near my new apartment. I was really hoping to stay on permanently, but this store is very small and I think they’re only keeping a few people. My job ends this Saturday.

Is it possible to transfer to my old store? I worked there a couple years ago. I was there for about a year and half. I’m obviously rehireable since I got hired at this location. And the old store is much bigger and probably needs a lot more help than my current store.

Is it worth trying to transfer? Even short term? And how do I start? Should I talk to hr or just submit an application at the other store?

Thanks in advance :)

Being seasonal at your current store, technically you will not be transferring. You would be applying at the chosen store as a new hire.

You would just need to see what positions are available and apply online for the other store. Make sure you document you previous Target experience at both stores.

Is it worth trying to transfer? Even short term? And how do I start? Should I talk to hr or just submit an application at the other store?

You don't qualify to transfer unless you are kept on as a regular TM past your 90 days. Your only option is to submit an application to the other store. If you left on good terms with your old store from a couple years back, contact them to see if they still need people for certain work centers.

FYI, there are stores that follow the "you must wait ____ days/months before applying again after your employment ends at Target." My store doesn't care for it (it is totally doable to reinstate you within 90 days) but there are ones who do.

I would talk to your current HR. In my district some stores are going to send good seasonals to stores that have a need if they don't have room for them.

Yeah my store is sending a seasonal to Florida who was really good even though she's in her 90 days like @Yetive said.

The one problem is there is no guarantee your old store will take you. Most stores have minimal hiring needs so there is no guarantee your store wants to add another (whatever position you are) when they already are probably cutting team members.

In my district some stores are going to send good seasonals to stores that have a need if they don't have room for them.

Yeah my store is sending a seasonal to Florida who was really good even though she's in her 90 days like @Yetive said.

I haven't heard anything about them doing that in my district yet (it may be that our stores have such high turnover that we can most likely accommodate the good ones) but that's awesome! I think that it is good way to keep the talent within Target.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back