Transgender and Bathrooms

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was a #boycotttarget on social media because this started. I mean honestly:rolleyes::rolleyes: can't everyone get along??

...exactly. A hidden camera was found LAST YEAR ...crazy stuff has been happening all along- the chances of this actually changing anything is incredibly minimal. Will people be immature assholes and try to be funny about it at first? Probably. Sounds like that may have already happened at jb08045's store, but I can't fathom this really bringing any extra negative experiences in the long run.

Creeps have always been creeps and will always be creeps. They never asked for permission before, they never had any intention of asking permission in the future. Plain and simple: creeps are creeps are creeps.
This reminds me of the upskirt shots guys were doing a while back; they'd act they were shopping for something & wait to catch a girl in a dress/skirt bending over before swooping by with their cell phone to click a shot.
AP got called when one girl heard the click & saw the guy moving back.
By the time AP caught up, she was swinging her purse & chasing/yelling at the guy all the way to the front of the store.

The amount of phone calls I have received as LOD the last few days saying it is personally my fault and I'm contributing to the reasons why the world/America is fucked up is unbelievable.
Same here! And of course after blaming me, I'm informed they will never step foot in our store again & then promptly hang up on me. I'm tired of hearing their BS.

There were rumors of a protest either at my store or one nearby. Seriously? People don't have better things to do on a Friday night that have a good old fashioned "shit-in"?

...exactly. A hidden camera was found LAST YEAR ...crazy stuff has been happening all along- the chances of this actually changing anything is incredibly minimal. Will people be immature assholes and try to be funny about it at first? Probably. Sounds like that may have already happened at jb08045's store, but I can't fathom this really bringing any extra negative experiences in the long run.

Creeps have always been creeps and will always be creeps. They never asked for permission before, they never had any intention of asking permission in the future. Plain and simple: creeps are creeps are creeps.
Look, I don't care who I pee next to. I just think we could've supported the acceptance of transgenders with a little more subtlety. Maybe an email or redwire informing us all about Target's firm stand on the transgender subject. A company wide, nondiscriminatory "bathroom policy." I just feel that Target unintentionally invited the wrong people(pervs) into the wrong restrooms by making this a public statement.

13062516_1097626490276512_5915983835136055535_n.jpg

There was a #boycotttarget on social media because this started. I mean honestly:rolleyes::rolleyes: can't everyone get along??

Meanwhile, we're just as busy as ever. Lol. At least my store is.

It seems like nobody really cares in my area. No protests. No calls. No complaints. Still exceeding sales. Everyone's too busy working trying make ends meet to give a shit.

By the way, I just looked into the North Carolina law and transgendered people can still use the bathroom of the gender they associate with as long as they change the gender on their birth certificate. But still, it's fucked up they have to show documentation to take a shit.

By the way, I just looked into the North Carolina law and transgendered people can still use the bathroom of the gender they associate with as long as they change the gender on their birth certificate. But still, it's fucked up they have to show documentation to take a shit.

The problem with this is most don't have matching gender markers. It's one of the most difficult processes transgender individuals have to deal with as there is no clear or uniform protocol for changing this. Some places only allow the marker to be changed if the individual has undergone SRS (Sexual reassignment surgery), others require you to have been living full-time (presenting as the gender you align with) for various amounts of time. In most cases it also requires an official diagnosis of Gender Dysphoria (This last one is actually a requirement many agree with. This is no light choice, this is something very serious and there needs to be something to bar those who are not truly transgendered as they have a higher chance of detransitioning.)

They also face the whim of the judge or government official who must approve their request.

So, the majority of the transgender population in North Carolina most likely would not have the gender correctly reflected on any document.

This whole thing is SO stupid! This is not a NEW policy this has been a long-standing policy. My store has always had a unisex fitting room (because we only have one FR). People are so upset about this but in reality most of the time there is NO ONE monitoring who goes in/out of the fitting room and no one at guest services is monitoring WHO goes into WHICH bathroom. Simmer down now people!

This whole thing is SO stupid! This is not a NEW policy this has been a long-standing policy. My store has always had a unisex fitting room (because we only have one FR). People are so upset about this but in reality most of the time there is NO ONE monitoring who goes in/out of the fitting room and no one at guest services is monitoring WHO goes into WHICH bathroom. Simmer down now people!
To be fair, most men don't even use the fitting room.

I'm thankful that I'm in a fairly liberal area, so I don't think we've had any problems because of the announcement. I haven't worked since the announcement, and I no longer interact with guests, but I don't feel like this will be as big of an issue here.

I've not personally taken any calls or complaints about this, but other LOD's at my store have. There's also planned protests at other stores in my district.

Oh, how times change (*shakes head).
This is the flipside of the guests angry about corp contributing to a political PAC that was funding an anti-gay candidate; never mind that it was his pro-business stance they supported.
We had guests berating us at the pharmacy, cutting up their red cards at the service desk & calling the store to complain.
I was a GSA at the time & had a woman stop me in the front lanes to ask me how I could stand working for such a company.
I told her that I'm not paid to have an opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back