TREATED VERY UNFAIR ... what to do now ?

Soooo.... I’ve been harassed ( used cussing words, picking on me , being very rude) by my manager like for 4 months. I already went several times to HR,ETL and Integrity hotline. Nothing was done. So I went to store director and told her maybe I need to transfer to another store because not gonna take it no longer. And in two days after that conversation I got written up for zebra that I’ve lost couple months ago and they said I can’t transfer with this write up. What a coincidence.... what should I do now ... I feel terrible working there but I need money... p.s. adding some clarification, I’ve been working at target like 8 months, known as very hardworking and fast tm, never ever had problems with none of my TLeads.

Last edited:
Keep going to work, do your best and try to stay off “leadership’s” radar for now if possible, to keep those paychecks coming. While you’re doing that to survive, look for another job. Since hours will drop in January anyway, a second job will help bolster that smaller Spot paycheck, and once you are established there if the second job pays better or is more secure, give Spot two weeks notice and quit. That “writing you up to block a transfer” is a dirty game that Spot deserves to lose, and you deserve better. Good luck!

I personally can tell you that without evidence that your TL won't get fired or in trouble unless it's breaking Targets policies. If they are simply telling you to get to work, get off your phone, clean up trash that's not really harassment. If they are like you have big boobs and you need to date me or im gonna make your life miserable then that's harassment. Maybe share the details....

Keep going to work, do your best and try to stay off “leadership’s” radar for now if possible, to keep those paychecks coming. While you’re doing that to survive, look for another job. Since hours will drop in January anyway, a second job will help bolster that smaller Spot paycheck, and once you are established there if the second job pays better or is more secure, give Spot two weeks notice and quit. That “writing you up to block a transfer” is a dirty game that Spot deserves to lose, and you deserve better. Good luck!
Thank you dear! Will do that !

I personally can tell you that without evidence that your TL won't get fired or in trouble unless it's breaking Targets policies. If they are simply telling you to get to work, get off your phone, clean up trash that's not really harassment. If they are like you have big boobs and you need to date me or im gonna make your life miserable then that's harassment. Maybe share the details....
No , I’m known as hardworking tm, everyone in store respects me except this one , she acts rude to every team member...

Hey my manager very rude , used cussing words towards me, picking on me a lot .

I know that what swearing at someone can mean different things to different people.
"Moved your damned ass!" can be a bit intense but isn't really the same as if they were using an insult to describe you, bitch etc.
When you've worked in a commercial kitchen and had a chef insult your mother, your wife, your manhood, and the size of your brain all in one sentence, then do it again in three different languages, it takes a lot to get under your skin.
But if they are insulting you directly you don't have to take that.
It's not appropriate and HR will step in because they know it will effect the company.

Picking on you is another thing entirely.|
Are you keeping up?
Do you work as fast as the other members of the team, with the same sense of urgency?
Do you talk a lot or get off task?
Sometimes a bad boss will pick one person to use as an example to show everyone what not to do.
You may be doing things just like everyone else but they are trying to get people to change so they are jumping on you, so people are thinking, "I don't want them jumping on me like they are whatamess so I'll stop doing that."
It's a crap management method but it does work for a while.

Soooo.... I’ve been harassed ( used cussing words, picking on me , being very rude) by my manager like for 4 months. I already went several times to HR,ETL and Integrity hotline. Nothing was done. So I went to store director and told her maybe I need to transfer to another store because not gonna take it no longer. And in two days after that conversation I got written up for zebra that I’ve lost couple months ago and they said I can’t transfer with this write up. What a coincidence.... what should I do now ... I feel terrible working there but I need money
Call district hr. The fact that they didn’t write you up for the missing zebra for months until you asked for a transfer, shows retaliation. Maybe district hr could set a transfer in motion. Maybe.

I think op is a snowflake that gets butt hurt if someone tells them what to do.

"Op can you respond to the lanes"

"Why do you always call me...."

I think op is a snowflake that gets butt hurt if someone tells them what to do.

"Op can you respond to the lanes"

"Why do you always call me...."
Not at all ... I always going everywhere first , either cart lifts or registers. All summer they always called me to cover lots of shifts . And I sure did .

Sad thing about it is Tarshit ain't gonna do shit. If management drinks the koolaid then they are protected. Going to the hotline is useless as shit anyways. Do what Black Sheep said and look for another job then tell the shithole to kiss your ass. I wish you good luck!!!!

#1 - Use your cell phone to record audio the entire time you are in the store. Catch the harassment on tape. Then play it for Target. Say you want the lead fired for harassment and the store director fired for retaliation or you will be suing.

#2 - If no resolution after playing the tape, file a retaliation complaint with the EEOC.

If you were truly harassed (not making any judgements) and you reported it to your store director and were written up right after that for something that happened months ago, that is blatant retaliation.

You can sue Target.

Use your cell phone to record audio the entire time you are in the store. Catch the harassment on tape.
Depends of the state you live in. Don’t just give advice and get someone arrested for illegal wiretapping or telephone recording or private phone conversation .in my state you get fine and up to a year in jail , then I could turn around and sue you for illegal wiretapping

Back