truth about No-rehire status

Ill start by saying that I was a target employee two years ago,I was multi-trained in literally everything. Ofcourse I had my days where I came late or even Did a ncns on Accident but came the day I got my second job I felt cocky and didn't care about target, so I put in my two weeks, and like most people I did a no call no show my last day (nonrehireable)

So as months went by I started hating my nursing assistant job and even missing target, so I called and spoke to my old Etl and he told me by not showing up my last day it made me nonrehirable, but he told me that he'll run it with my other etl and that they will get back with me.

A week went by and i Heard nothing and I was kinda upset that I burnt my bridge. So months went by and I would continue to put apps in at target, even at different locations. each time i was getting the email saying "sorry but we can't offer you a position". I dont know why I just didn't move on, so I called the target Hr-line and did a lot of research and founded out there's really no true answer about the no rehire status, even people on this website was giving me different answers.

some said it last 2 years, some said it last 7 years(which is what my old etl said) some said 6 months, some said it never leaves, no one knows. so one-day I called and spoke to a target hr manager and she said that when you are non rehirable your information cannot be put through the system. meaning that the system won't even let you get scheduled for a interview.

she gave me the number to call H-rock which is the hr-line for target, so I called them and they said permission has to be given from the Hr manager to remove the no-rehire status . I called hr AGAIN to speak with someone different, now they're saying that a nonrehirable status means nothing and that once you put a app in just follow up with your application , Meaning you still have a fair chance

So here I am getting all these Different answers, so last week I called another location and she got the questioning me about my target history. Before we hung up she told me she will call me back and she did!!. the next day she had me transfer my app from the other store to hers so she could review and guess what? That next day she had setup a interview and came the day of the interview I got the job and even making a dollar extra!!!!

so what does NonRehireable really mean? No one knows, it's truly a mystery how powerful a No-rehire status is (at-least with target). now is target my goal job? Hell no!! but while I'm in school I'll rather do this than wipe butts all day!, so to all my fellow target employees Put in your two weeks!!! And work them!!!!! Don't burn your bridge .

Now it's just one last question that's really getting to me. When i get ready to leave again, and i do plan to work my FULL last two weeks, but would this make me re-hireable in the system?

Last edited:
I was nonrehirable and I got it overturned really easy... The ETL-HR of the store I was applying at (who I knew) overturned it instantly. I was offered an Electronics TM position off the bat too.

Last time we had a TM not show up on their last day, the HRTM who completed the paper work said there isn't a way to mark the TM non-rehirable without lying on the form because NCNS has to be three shifts in a row.

Had a cart attendant who walked out in the middle of a busy shift one night.
Apparently his dad told him he'd better get back to work so he came by & asked if I thought he could get his job back.
I just laughed at him.

Had a cart attendant who walked out in the middle of a busy shift one night.
Apparently his dad told him he'd better get back to work so he came by & asked if I thought he could get his job back.
I just laughed at him.

If daddy has to tell you to go back to work, you need to get laughed in the face to set the lesson in the mind to NOT do that again.

To all who read the post i just finish editing it. it was done so poorly because i was on my smart phone and this website does not support a mobile version , thanks

if you would of read the post you would of seen how i learned from my fist mistake and even go on about convincing other people not to follow in my footsteps , maybe you shouldn't jump to conclusions so much @Leonhart621

Looks like you will just have to take this a lesson learned for future employment and not do it again. I in no way encourage quitting a job without proper two week notice but at least there are hundreds of retailers who probably need people that you can turn your attention to.

Back