Archived Trying my best

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all trying my best to turn my attitude around, any buzz words or key items that would make your day go better?

Well, since I have to be there cashiering I figure I may as well make the most of it. I talk to the guests and their kids. I tell them "Oh this is cute!" or "Wow, that's a great deal!" Makes them feel good about their choices.
Oh, and I try and make sure to tell them about Cartwheel. Since I didn't get a raise this year, by golly, I'm gonna make sure people get as many discounts as I can possibly come up with.

Global, I have learned more from these forums. still waiting to b told of the new changes I just do not get it. *sigh*

Honestly I try to have a positive attitude and I tell people about cartwheel and sales that are going on or might not know about...but it is hard to do all that when you are constantly being called out for every call box, every back up call, and are being audited on if you are vibing with guests or not. Failed that one today btw! Guess I'm not allowed to help my team.

Finally had my review ETL was very apologetic, she thought TL gave it to me.
It was better then I thought it was going to be.
So negative on myself, for sure thought I was going to get a U on everything.
Did my first 4 x 4 today, oh my gosh how do I not spend so much time in one aisle, seemed like I was there forever lol.
Anyways hope you all have a great day.

Last edited:
Hi all trying my best to turn my attitude around, any buzz words or key items that would make your day go better?
I use vodka, optional, perhaps, sedation, Xanax, machete, and nap as my buzz words... Seriously though they just like to hear things like fabulous, fantastic, wonderful, happy to hear this etc... If there's some sort of negativity involved try to "sandwich it" with positive "TL I had a wonderful vibe moment with a guest, task list is incomplete, I'm going to take care of my priority pulls and write out my vibe cards have a great day!"
Its total bulls*&** but it works in my store, it took my two years to do this, I almost died choking on my tongue but it keeps them away from me for the most part.

I had a shift today where I was depending on communication from people. I stayed calm most of the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back