Archived Trying to understand

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ehh not really I’m at a small format and while I think highly of myself small format TLs still only have a specific department, are not over seeing any TLs, and can not do a lot of the things ETLs can.

@gsa4lyfe your point is a fair one. I guess it depends on the store. In my store my SD treats us like, and holds us to the standard of an exec. Definitely don't have all of the fringe benefits (if there are any) that a real ETL has but as I said we are held to a higher standard by both my SD and DSD.

What's the difference between a
Not going to lie the senior title being taken away definitely knocked the wind out of my sails. Especially where it took me a very long time to get the title in the first place.

Small formats are interesting. You are both the TL and the ETL of your area so more is put on you with not even enough payroll to cover everything that has to be done. You definitely learn the "do more with less" concept. Granted the workload is smaller compared to GM stores but when you factor in the fact we have less than 20 TMs on a given day and we still have to work the truck and do everything else it can be tough.
What's the difference between small format and GM stores. I am trying to figure out what mine is !

@gsa4lyfe your point is a fair one. I guess it depends on the store. In my store my SD treats us like, and holds us to the standard of an exec. Definitely don't have all of the fringe benefits (if there are any) that a real ETL has but as I said we are held to a higher standard by both my SD and DSD.
I mean TLs and ETLs SHOULD be held to the same standard when it comes to running their business but as a TL your business is a lot smaller. I totally get it not having ETLs and feeling like you’re doing more than you should but realistically the only difference is there’s no ETL to fall back on. You’re running your business. Your SD or an ETL shouldn't have to hold your hand

It’s not quarterly. TLs earn a yearly bonus the same way ETLs/SDs do based off your store but this year they offered a $500 dollar bonus to whomever your SD decided played the most significant role in rolling out and getting on board with modernization. Bedsides that you get a yearly bonus based off your stores metrics. Sales and payroll.

oh i'm not salty anymore bc i'm still technically new in role, so it's fair that i didn't get it lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back