TSS role?

What do these team members do? The job description is not very “descriptive“.
Have a high school diploma, valid driver’s license
fog a mirror?
is it worth applying for?

Regular TSS or Senior TSS?
TSS is a fairly basic role, mostly checking truck drivers in/out of the yard. They might do a couple of perimeter checks and stuff, but it’s pretty basic and mostly outside of the actual building to the best of my knowledge. (Merit level 1 pay)
Senior TSS is more investigations and internal building stuff. (Merit level 2 pay)

Last edited:
As others have said, huge difference between the two roles. TSS is going to either be chill as hell or very demanding depending on the shift and DC campus you work at. Overnights at a small DC you will be on your phone most of the time.
If you work at a dual campus DC and get a shift during peak delivery hours you will seldom get a chance to sit down.
You will also be expected to do very dangerous acts.
Somebody died doing the role because they were crushed when walking between two semis. Target pretended like they increased safett but did zero real changes.

STSS understand you are going to be looking for TMs stealing. You will be expected to succesfully close at minimun two internal theft cases by yourself each year.
I enjoyed the job but it is very high pressure and comes with some serious risk. My last day I had to deal with a someone bringing a gun into the building. That ended up being the reason it was my last day.

As others have said, huge difference between the two roles. TSS is going to either be chill as hell or very demanding depending on the shift and DC campus you work at. Overnights at a small DC you will be on your phone most of the time.
If you work at a dual campus DC and get a shift during peak delivery hours you will seldom get a chance to sit down.
You will also be expected to do very dangerous acts.
Somebody died doing the role because they were crushed when walking between two semis. Target pretended like they increased safett but did zero real changes.

STSS understand you are going to be looking for TMs stealing. You will be expected to succesfully close at minimun two internal theft cases by yourself each year.
I enjoyed the job but it is very high pressure and comes with some serious risk. My last day I had to deal with a someone bringing a gun into the building. That ended up being the reason it was my last day.
I applied for TSS… I do like staying busy. It’s b2 12pm-10pm.

I applied for TSS… I do like staying busy. It’s b2 12pm-10pm.
Yeah you are going to be slammed from 12 to about 5pm. It should mellow out abit after that but will still be steady pace.
Staying busy isnt bad just keep in mind truckers are not always the most sociable people and a part of the role is de-escalsting pissed off truckers. Many of which carry guns in their trucks.
Also you will be outside rain or shine. If you havent worked outside before, its a whole other beast working under 110° sun in the summertime with the pavement reflecting it back up at you from below too.

Dont get me wrong Its not a terrible job just keep in mind it is a totally different job from working in the warehouse. Some people love it, a lot of people dont and ended up quitting within a few weeks.

I will be checking truck drivers in/out? Is that an intricate process, or pretty basic/repetitive?
I have delt with the truck drivers to sign bills, ya I can see them being pretty “ colorful” having to wait
hours to be let in.

Staying busy isnt bad just keep in mind truckers are not always the most sociable people and a part of the role is de-escalsting pissed off truckers. Many of which carry guns in their trucks.
Truth! It sucks taking heat for live drivers being lied to by their own dispatch, or because IB can’t get them unloaded in a timely manner, or because they suck at managing their own time. And so on.

I will be checking truck drivers in/out? Is that an intricate process, or pretty basic/repetitive?
I have delt with the truck drivers to sign bills, ya I can see them being pretty “ colorful” having to wait
hours to be let in.
You won’t be handling their paperwork, but I think it went back to the old way of checking in but they split it between YCs and TSS.
TSS has to get their license and put their info in a program that tracks who is in the yard at any time. Asks them if they have a bolt/cable seal, make them cut it off and replace it if they do. Then they send them forward to the YC who actually admits their trailer to the yard and tells them where to park it. Then when the driver leaves, you make sure the trailer they’re taking is empty or check the seal if it’s loaded & check them out of the yard program.

Back