Turning 18

Hello! So I am a minor guest advocate at target and I will be turning 18 in a few months! I would just like to know, what kind of changes to my schedule may I experience after not being a minor anymore? I just want to know so that it can still match with school! Thank you!

Ok but if I dont change my availability that I dont have now, nothing will really change right?

18 is a minor in Target's eyes. At 18 you can legally solo a $515,000 Cessna 182. At 18 you can become proficient with an M-16 and be a trained soldier. Are you permitted to throw expired butter into the compactor at your local Target?

in most states, you now have an extra hour (6) before you hit compliance. you can be scheduled after 9:45 (I relied on my minor status to make sure I was never a closer, and I had to change my availability to stop at 9 bc I hate closing)

Your HR can confirm everything for you. Always good to periodically review your availability.

My state its you should go on lunch at 4, your pushing it at 430, your getting your name shouted at 450, 5 hours you hit compliance.

It depends on your state and what the restrictions were before. You can talk to HR or your ETL about what they might qant and what you might want to change (staying later, etc.)

You live in a very worker friendly state. Most of us it’s 6 hours before compliance for non minors

No. It depends on your state. I'm a 5 hour state for everyone. Minors/non-minors all need to go at around the 4-4.5 hour point.

And if you are still in HS, the only thing that changes (at least in my state) is that you can now ring out alcohol. Other than that, you still leave at 9:45 (doesn't matter rn bc of 9:00 close).

Ok! So they wont ask me to change the amount of hours that I have in to work either right!! Because I am pretty good with what I have in there right now!

Back