Archived Ugggh, help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got a job offer and am supposed to go to orientation tomorrow, but something has happened and I can't take the job. If I turn it down, will that mean I won't be eligible for hire again with Target?

I called and talked to HR and they were actually very nice. I explained why I could not start and they understood. I have 2 young special needs boys at home, and the oldest, 7 yr old, started having seizures again. So I just felt that now is not the time to start. He is also autistic, and I think the stress of not having mommy home triggered the seizure. My kids are way more important than any job.

If you can afford it, stay home. You will never get that time back with your kids. I was lucky enough to be home with my kids until my youngest was in 2nd grade. The only reason I went back to work at all is because my husband lost his job and we needed the money.

One of my three has autism & is VERY routine-obsessive.
Like a lot of people with autism, anything that disrupts that routine can be extremely unsettling.
It can get better when they're older & have had their routines varied enough that they learn to adjust but your guy's still pretty young.
Best to try again later on. Your kids come first.

Thank you so much for your replies. I feel like I have done the right thing.
Yep my boys are both pretty young 5 & 7. I have, for the most part been home their whole lives and my 7 yr old depends on me for EVERYTHING.

I need a job, but think I will just go back to working as a sub cafeteria worker at the school. That way I am home when they are and working when they are at school :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back