COVID-19 Unable to get COVID19 LOA?

Hello! I am working at store in addition to my full time job. So far, about a month, it has been manageable. But the section of my store has been closed down due to the pandemic and they have shifted my hours to the regular store. I have asthma and am at higher risk of complications if I contract COVID19, not to mention roommates who have asked me to stop working in their own fear of getting it, as the section I have been relocated to touches basically everything. Not a lot of my coworkers are taking the pandemic seriously. My other job is in health care and is requiring that we work from home / redistribute to testing centers, kinda placing me on the front line. All of this is taking a large toll on my mental health, not to mention I asked for my average amount of hours to be 15-20 and was scheduled for 30 this coming week (I know this place of privilege that I am speaking from but I already work 50ish hours at my other job and just don't think I can handle that many hours a week). I am trying to fill out a LOD right now, and haven't gotten a response, however I am very nervous that I won't be approved. I really don't want to quit, and the idea of quitting without putting in my 2 weeks gives me a lot of anxiety, but I don't know what to do about the hours and exposure in general. I know that if you don't put in a 2 weeks then you are basically unable to get rehired at any Target location, and I don't want that to happen, but I need to keep myself, my roommates, and my family (who I help take care of) safe. Does anybody have words of advice?

What do you mean section of the store? How are your hours transferred to the regular store? That doesn't make sense where do you work?

Talk to your store HR. Explain your situation and your needs. You may be eligible for the paid 30 days personal leave or you may not. That's up to leave and disability to decide. They're running about 3 business days behind on emails but catching up. Call them if you need an immediate answer but you'll be in queue for likely an hour or more. Be patient they're trying. Otherwise talk to your store hr about a personal unpaid leave or a reduction in hours. The stores HRs are doing the best they can too and likely dont know your situation unless you talk to them about it. But everyone's trying to help everyone the best they can. Be honest upfront and clear with your personal needs. It's up to the hr & sd to approve a personal unpaid loa but many are getting approved at this time. Paid had it's own rules, length of service etc. Just talk to them is your best bet

What do you mean section of the store? How are your hours transferred to the regular store? That doesn't make sense where do you work?
in the Starbucks section and now they have me switching between grocery and general merchandising for hours

Get Dr note about the asthma. It is a covered condition for the paid leave, but they will need the note.
Will do! Does it just need to be proof of having the condition or something from the Dr saying that I shouldn't be working?
What if I were to go on unpaid leave as well? Would the best way to do that to be going through HR?

Unpaid personal LOA can be done by your store's HR. The paid 30 day LOA (which is the average hours worked) is done via the 3rd party Reed. HR will have the number to call or email. I read up on it recently and you will need a note from your doctor that Reed will likely request. They are slammed so as someone else mentioned you might not hear back for a few days if email or be on hold for 2 hours if calling.

Documentation can be current or historical documents that mention the health condition, such as:
• Medical paperwork from a previous leave
• Return to Work note
• Medical facility discharge paperwork
• Doctor’s office visit paperwork
• Medical record from online sources such as mychart
• Any type of prescription related to the condition

Get Dr note about the asthma. It is a covered condition for the paid leave, but they will need the note.

Just nosy have you known someone that has definitely been confirmed paid for asthma. I know several that have submitted for asthma but havent been approved or denied yet because of the backlog& was curious.

Just nosy have you known someone that has definitely been confirmed paid for asthma. I know several that have submitted for asthma but havent been approved or denied yet because of the backlog& was curious.
Yes I know someone that was approved. They also tell you when you call it’s eligible.

If your having a hard time getting in contact with your doctor (a lot are very busy right now) you don't need a direct written note from your Dr. it can be a prescription related to your condition as well (inhaler most likely would work) or any document from past doctors visits saying you have been diagnosed with asthma.

Doctors note, 2nd grade mentality but after working for F-500s for decades notes were not necessary. These days the quality of many retail employees warrants them. Nauseatingly true. Childish yet needed. Unlimited paid sick days were nice and most people never took advantage of the system.

Did you just have to call the corporate hr number that's it?
Talk to your store HR. Explain your situation and your needs. You may be eligible for the paid 30 days personal leave or you may not. That's up to leave and disability to decide. They're running about 3 business days behind on emails but catching up. Call them if you need an immediate answer but you'll be in queue for likely an hour or more. Be patient they're trying. Otherwise talk to your store hr about a personal unpaid leave or a reduction in hours. The stores HRs are doing the best they can too and likely dont know your situation unless you talk to them about it. But everyone's trying to help everyone the best they can. Be honest upfront and clear with your personal needs. It's up to the hr & sd to approve a personal unpaid loa but many are getting approved at this time. Paid had it's own rules, length of service etc. Just talk to them is your best bet

If for vulnerable leave, speak with pay and benefits. If for personal, speak with your leader.

My stores SD has been on an LOA since February and our HR left Target this week. So who do I talk to?
Lol wtf. There's absolutely an SD covering your store, ask to get in contact with them.

If not then there's pay and benefits information on Workbench I'm sure.

I know 4 people that got the loa for Asthma. When the letter came out about the paid leave we had 16 people go that week. One even got the paid leave for eczema the skin rash because she said it lowers your immunity. We hired a bunch of new team members so I’m thinking they are going to get screwed when they come back. Not positive but it seems like the norm. On a good note I saw the hiring ad and it said seasonal.

I will be 65 in May and live on Long Island, which has very scary numbers right now. My husband is older and has health issues which would make it extremely dangerous for him, as well, if he contracted the virus. I used up my sick time and I am currently on leave without pay. I have tried calling Leave and Disability and e-mailed Reed Group numerous times in the past couple of weeks, explaining my situation, with no reply. Any suggestions?

I will be 65 in May and live on Long Island, which has very scary numbers right now. My husband is older and has health issues which would make it extremely dangerous for him, as well, if he contracted the virus. I used up my sick time and I am currently on leave without pay. I have tried calling Leave and Disability and e-mailed Reed Group numerous times in the past couple of weeks, explaining my situation, with no reply. Any suggestions?

What did L&D say when you called them? It was fairly simple for me..."What condition"..."ok send medical documentation". So I sent the letter that my doctor gave me. I'm on LOA for 30 days and awaiting an email confirming that it will be paid.

Back