Archived unauthorized locker entry

Status
Not open for further replies.
You come to work,put your personal belongings in your locker,including purse,wallet, cash,ccs etc. You find out that someone has given a team member the master key and had them cleaning, washing down all the insides and outsides of the lockers, no not just the unoccupied ones, but ALL lockers including those with team members personal belongings. No notice to team members that this will be done, so dont leave your personals in your lockers for such and such a time. You go to lunch, get in your locker and notice your purse, wallet, etc ,is not in the same place as it was when you put it there, like its in the back of the locker, you know you set it near the front of the locker. If you had stuff in your locker, this TM removed all your stuff, cleaned the locker, and then put things back in it. This has to be some kind of a violation, big time. Imagine someone in your locker, and you dont even know who it is. Imagine something missing out of your locker, say maybe money,, etc. Id assume they would be responsible liability wise? TMs are livind and feel violated. Whats policy?

I'm sure they'd say some BS like the lockers are Target's property and they're allowed to enter them for whatever reason and whenever. BUT this wasn't some random search. The least they could have done is informed the TMs this was going to happen. smdh

If I found someone messing with my shit id be pretty upset! if my locker is locked you stay the hell away from my privet property!

Personally I wouldn't care. It's spot's property, and if they want to actually clean it for once (a rare enough event these days it seems), I wouldn't stop them. Then again, I don't bring anything to work that I wouldn't feel comfortable having out in the open.

...Then again, I also have a desk with multiple drawers that lock with a key only I have, so I suppose I am a bit biased. =\

Personally I wouldn't care. It's spot's property, and if they want to actually clean it for once (a rare enough event these days it seems), I wouldn't stop them. Then again, I don't bring anything to work that I wouldn't feel comfortable having out in the open.

I did. My wallet, phone and my highly controlled prescription drug used to go into my locker. I shudder at the thought of such random inspections going on with that kind of sensitive stuff sitting in there.

Your store cleans the lockers??? Ours are covered with a thick layer of dust on top (and inside the ones with broken locks).

The only thing a put in a locker is my car keys, and I don't even lock it, so this wouldn't really bother me. Most TMs don't lock the lockers at my store.

I'm guessing locker cleaning isn't really much of a big problem at most stores.

Know whut I mean? ;)

I'm sure they'd say some BS like the lockers are Target's property and they're allowed to enter them for whatever reason and whenever. BUT this wasn't some random search. The least they could have done is informed the TMs this was going to happen. smdh

Some random team member is not cool. AP sure, an ETL ok. But a random TM - Oh Fuck No! Hotline yes.

your store has keys to the lockers? where i worked ap or hr had to pop them opened with a screwdriver if you couldn't remember your code. then that locker wouldn't lock again for a few days. there were only about 20 of them that actually worked.

Locker cleaning was probably code for "we're inspecting lockers."

Unless AP was doing it, nothing more than a privacy invasion.

You seriously don't think managment willing to "clean" lockers with everyone's shit in it, wouldn't also be doing an unauthorized inspection of some kind?

You seriously don't think managment willing to "clean" lockers with everyone's shit in it, wouldn't also be doing an unauthorized inspection of some kind?
Management is one thing. But OP said it was a normal TM doing it. Might as well have been "greasy Fred" from flow team doing it.

AP has the right to check lockers for Target merch whenever they want. The AP leader and STL are supposed to schedule a time to check monthly. It's not your property, nothing you can do about it. We're not there to search your bags or eat your food; just to check to see if you're doing something wrong.

your store has keys to the lockers? where i worked ap or hr had to pop them opened with a screwdriver if you couldn't remember your code. then that locker wouldn't lock again for a few days. there were only about 20 of them that actually worked.
Did they lose the master key that's supposed to be used for that? Seems like a shitty solution, especially if the lockers are insecure enough that any moron with a screwdriver could break in and take what they please. The ETL-HR at my store had an electronic key for the keypad lockers and a physical one for the ones that took coins.

It drives me crazy enough when they pop lockers cause some idiot forgot what locker they had and/or the code. Then you think you are gong crazy but they simply locked it again with a random code.

If anyone decided to clean without adding I'd definitely hotline. Especially cleaning crew or random tm. Who knows if they dried them before putting stuff back in? Last thing I need is random bleach marks on my jacket/wallet.

I've never used any of those lockers, not once.

Why would I need one???

I've never used any of those lockers, not once.

Why would I need one???
I guess if you wanted to keep your car keys/wallet/purse off the floor. I never used them unless I got something from work (like one of those stupid redcard rewards) that I couldn't carry around for the rest of the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back