Archived Unemployment Benefits

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of my last log-tl didn't get theirs after they got fired. They had pretty good documented reasons though.

It's the main reason spot documents every coaching, corrective action, etc because they use it against you if you apply for unemployment benefits.

Be ready to fight for benefits. Spot has a bad bark and bite when it comes to collecting unemployment

You'll most likely get something unless you did gross negligence or something of that nature. I know Target and Walmart are not very popular in certain states because of their nature to fight almost EVERY unemployment regardless of the situation.

I did, but I fought it and won. I had a lot of things I wrote down and from what I gave the judge and from what Target gave them the judge sided with me.

You will definitely want to know all of the facts of the reasons which led to your termination. You'll have to talk to your local unemployment office to find out all the details of unemployment, but I would say be prepared for any employer in case they try to contest your unemployment claim.

You will definitely want to know all of the facts of the reasons which led to your termination. You'll have to talk to your local unemployment office to find out all the details of unemployment, but I would say be prepared for any employer in case they try to contest your unemployment claim.

what's a local unemployment office? I must live in the sticks?

Yes, Unemployment is a government provided benefit. It's not something Target gives you. Target pays towards Unemployment Insurance (as do you out of your paycheck) You have to file your claim at your local unemployment office.

Yes, Unemployment is a government provided benefit. It's not something Target gives you. Target pays towards Unemployment Insurance (as do you out of your paycheck) You have to file your claim at your local unemployment office.

we don't have a physical office locally, that's what I am saying - it's been closed and gone for years.

oh, ok, then you would have to call the next closest location in order to file your claim or do it online I believe.

I've heard the percentage is pretty low, my last employer tried to deny my claim saying I had excessive absenteeism, unfortunately for them they sent me an email saying I was being let go during the slow season but that they would call me back when the busy season arrived. You have to have proof demonstrating your employer mistreating you or lying or discriminating against you, or witnesses, whatever you can do to win the arguement to get the approval on your unemployment claim

Man my buddy who got fired mid december just got his unemployment granted. This dude had been on finals for attendance for the last couple years and had been given a million chances. Well he called in 3 days in a row during 4th quarter and they said that was the last straw. And the funny thing is the amount he gets is pretty much equal to his spot paychecks. Throw some food stamps into the mix and he'd be living better than most team leaders.

Yes, it's Corporate policy to fight EVERY unemployment claim, so if people are smart they will save EVERY communication they have whether it's IM's, emails, regular mail, write ups, you name it to cover yourself when it gets to the unemployment contest. Good luck!

Glad to hear your buddy got his unemployment approved. This is something we all pay for out of our paychecks, it's a tax which protects us in the event we lose our jobs. While the way you describe his situation sounds like he might not have been the best employee, for each example like that, there a hundreds of examples where the employer was simply abusive or harassing in the workplace. None of us truly know what a persons record does or does not include. It's easy to assume someone is just a slacker or to think they ncns all the time, but usulaly people have extenuating circumstances that excuse their absence with a legitimate emergency. We all know unemployment is less than the regular paycheck, however if he happened to be working more hours towards the end of his employment, that would have increase his unemployment pay. I highly doubt a person on unemployment and food stamps lives as well as someone on unemployment. If that's the case, the TL would also therefore qualify for food stamps, then they would be above him again anyway.
Man my buddy who got fired mid december just got his unemployment granted. This dude had been on finals for attendance for the last couple years and had been given a million chances. Well he called in 3 days in a row during 4th quarter and they said that was the last straw. And the funny thing is the amount he gets is pretty much equal to his spot paychecks. Throw some food stamps into the mix and he'd be living better than most team leaders.

It's a shame that benefits people are entitled to and pay taxes for are denied the poor and low income people of this country.
Glad to hear your buddy got his unemployment approved. This is something we all pay for out of our paychecks, it's a tax which protects us in the event we lose our jobs. While the way you describe his situation sounds like he might not have been the best employee, for each example like that, there a hundreds of examples where the employer was simply abusive or harassing in the workplace. None of us truly know what a persons record does or does not include. It's easy to assume someone is just a slacker or to think they ncns all the time, but usulaly people have extenuating circumstances that excuse their absence with a legitimate emergency. We all know unemployment is less than the regular paycheck, however if he happened to be working more hours towards the end of his employment, that would have increase his unemployment pay. I highly doubt a person on unemployment and food stamps lives as well as someone on unemployment. If that's the case, the TL would also therefore qualify for food stamps, then they would be above him again anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back