Unfair Termination

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have said my peace , you guys can hold hand and sing kom baya, again.

I just have to ask one last time though W T F did you say that got you fired?

I pressed the ignore button and he's still commenting on this thread. I'm new to all of this and not sure how to block him.

Asking someone to clarify their story is on point.
Accusing them of lying is pointless.

I pressed the ignore button and he's still commenting on this thread. I'm new to all of this and not sure how to block him.

If you bring up his profile and hit the ignore button you won't be able to see his posts.
You might not have to go out of the thread , the go back in to have it work.

Asking someone to clarify their story is on point.
Accusing them of lying is pointless.

I did clarify my story and the whole point of this thread is something based on just how unfair the entire situation is along with asking for a little guidance and knowledge from other TM at Target. I would understand the termination if it were anything else aside from my situation but I did absolutely nothing wrong throughout my time at Target from the first day I started, to the day I was let go.

If you bring up his profile and hit the ignore button you won't be able to see his posts.
You might not have to go out of the thread , the go back in to have it work.

The skepticism comes from many of us knowing how hard it is to term someone in Spot. This is why you'll see horrible team members there forever because Spot likes a long trail of paperwork.

To jump to automatically term someone usually they did something out right detrimental, they're seasonal, or under 90 days.

The skepticism comes from many of us knowing how hard it is to term someone in Spot. This is why you'll see horrible team members there forever because Spot likes a long trail of paperwork.

To jump to automatically term someone usually they did something out right detrimental, they're seasonal, or under 90 days.
Thank you, for using nice words , to ask the same question I was trying to ask . My vocabulary is not as elegant.

10 others got terminated earlier in the week.

I hate to say it but @Planosss might be right this story doesn't add up at all

How do you know 10 people got terminated and for what?

Seasonals were supposed to be keyed as regular as apart of HR bounce backs so she's not a seasonal tm.

I hate to say it but @Planosss might be right this story doesn't add up at all

How do you know 10 people got terminated and for what?

Seasonals were supposed to be keyed as regular as apart of HR bounce backs so she's not a seasonal tm.
The op had mention the term folks in their post.

Idk sounds like you was seasonal and they were looking to keep you on, but do to scheduling reasons they needed open availability. Since you didn't have that they made the decision to not keep you as a permanent employee.

That's what I'm getting out of this.

Can you please quote where?
Wow... I didn't have my family there. I was standing up for myself and my family by trying to keep my job to provide for them. Read between the lines. There is no trail, 10 others got terminated earlier in the week. I would appreciate it if you would refrain from the negativity and foul language. Your comments are completely disrespectful and out of line. This is far from a sob story. Carry on

Karleigh K,

I was hired on seasonal and offered a permanent position at the store. After speaking with corporate today, following my call into the integrity line, I was told I was passed my 90 days even though my ETL told me there was nothing he could do because I hadn't gone passed my 90 days. Just another unfair thing I found out today.
I'm praying that I get my job back and won't stop fighting for myself and my kids due to this improper termination. My conversation with HR was nothing out of line. I have good character and it was done professionally. I was approached by HR, asking me if I was ok because I had swollen eyes from crying the night before after receiving the news from my ETL. My STL obviously didn't like the fact that I was standing up for myself and my family and wasn't going to just walk away.
During Christmas I was purchasing a laptop for my 9 year olds birthday. He had asked me who I was buying it for and I explained and told him that it felt nice being able to afford something for my son's birthday. His response was "that sounds like a personal problem". He's not the nicest of management to say the least so it's not shocking that he would be calling my ETL to tell him that I needed to be terminated. You guys are all in as much disbelief as I am currently in. Thanks again for all of your guy's input! It's very appreciative!

In my opinion, if you want your job back; Id stay low off this website since your complaining about your wrongful termination. Then change your name and picture. We are not a target approved website and a simple good search will bring you here. People have been terminated for things posted on here. JS...

Last edited:
Wow... I didn't have my family there. I was standing up for myself and my family by trying to keep my job to provide for them. Read between the lines. There is no trail, 10 others got terminated earlier in the week. I would appreciate it if you would refrain from the negativity and foul language. Your comments are completely disrespectful and out of line. This is far from a sob story. Carry on

Karleigh K,
That was after the fact, when I questioned the OP. Her original post, albeit very long and full of words, omitted this very important detail. It was only when pressed, the OP threw this gold nugget in there, to solidify and give credence to her ( i still dont know what) argument.

Also, I am sorry if I come across as arrogant or a jerk, or an asshole.
If the situation is how she says it is,call an employment/labor lawyer IMMEDIATELY. Don’t contact the hotline, don’t waste your time on here getting a thousand different incoherent advices. If OP was wrongly terminated, there is hell to pay on Target’s part. Hell!

Realistically a labor lawyer is the next step and I have to agree with getting off this site. It will only hurt your case in the long run given the controversial nature of this forum. Move on to a full blown legal attack. Make sure to have documentation on all incidents including dates and times. Good luck its going to be on hell of a battle.

Last edited:
if 10 more got terminated in the same manner as you then it must be due to seasonals. it may not sound nice but target is not in the position to cater to everyone's availability and its easier to function more with those who have them open, try doing a schdule where 5 of your 8 tms are in college and have the same days, and the other 3 tms have second jobs. you end up having to hire even more people that at minimum need 2 shifts. it sounds like when they heard you talk about your availability issues they saw it as someone who would later down the road have availability issues and they called your etl to see if it was possible to rescind your offer. it sounds like there is just a communication issue. I would like to assume your story checks out but i too know that it is impossible for any target to fire on the spot without a paper trail. the only way you can fire someone like that is if they are still seasonal.

If you read the thread, you would see how everything went down. HR approached me while I was doing a punch correction from the day before due to our time clock not functioning properly. She asked if I was ok, I replied back yes. She asked again. I said not really because I received some unfortunate news yesterday that of I didn't have open availability across the board, my position wouldn't work out permanently and that's just not fair under these circumstances. Her reply back was that I needed to speak with ETL HR and get it taken care of because it wasn't fair.
Anything else you want to ask?
I wasn't bad mouthing anyone like yourself. That's not my character. I wasn't acting out of line, like yourself. I was voicing my concerns in a respectful, professional manor to an HR TM who knew me as TM and appreciated the work that I had done in the store.
Again, please just carry on.
well then if they told you this then they are still in the right, under 90 and seasonal tms are kept onboard at the stores description, it sounds to me like they cant accommodate your availability and this is what was told to you. You seem to not understand, and that does happen. out of curiosity what is your availability?

Unless the OP lives in one of the few non-At-Will states an employment lawyer will be useless. This wasn't a wrongful termination in a legal sense; very few are. It sounds like it went against Target policy, which is why the hotline is her best bet at this point.

If it were a seasonal thing, why not just say that? "Sorry, we were hoping to keep our seasonals on, but last year's performance and this year's forecast means we are not able to keep as many team members as we'd hoped."

That's a lot more sensible than this bs "you need to be more available" followed by "oh we're firing you for a comment the STL heard" which is super shady no matter how you slice it.

At will employment people
At will

One can be fired for ANY reason

I remember a car salesman was fired for wearing a Green Bay Packers tie

To me it sounds like they used the seasonal reason as termination due to not having open availability even though you were past your 90 and they don't know about the rules around it. If everything you said is accurate and 100% I would love to have you at my store and would fight to keep you there.... which is why none of this makes sense. A word of advice going forward with this is to keep up with the integrity hotline and be professional about the whole situation no matter what. If what you said is true, the only reason they have to let you go would be the availability part... which isn't something they can do after it is approved past your seasonal transition to a regular team member. That and you should be able to get back in as long as there were no other coachings on your file. Keep fighting for you and your kids!!

And don't listen to Planosss! It takes a different breed of person to go POG :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back