Archived United Health network

Status
Not open for further replies.
For little more than the passed year, I've been eligible for state sponsored health coverage, under the ACA. I just received notice that I am no longer eligible as of July 31. I know that since I am losing coverage I can enroll in Targets plan.

In my area our option is United HRA or HSA. How do I go about finding out who's in network and who isn't. United has several plans, and at least from what I saw none of them are listed as HRA or HSA. Obviously I'm looking in the wrong the spot. Does anyone have a link that can point me to the providers available in network for the plan Target offers.

Thank you.

Thank you for the information. This appears to be the main page for United Healthcare. What am I trying to figure out is how to determan which network applies to Target and what doctors are in that network. I would like to see what providers are available before I sign up.

Do I have to talk to HR and get a hard copy of the book for the plan?

The only thing I can see on the site is to log in with a member number, which I don't have yet.

everything leads to this page:
upload_2015-7-3_1-26-34.png

Which doesn't mention Target or HRA or HSA.

Attachments

• upload_2015-7-3_1-10-46.png
    upload_2015-7-3_1-10-46.png
    511.1 KB · Views: 7
  • upload_2015-7-3_1-12-28.png
    upload_2015-7-3_1-12-28.png
    254.6 KB · Views: 5
  • upload_2015-7-3_1-15-5.png
    upload_2015-7-3_1-15-5.png
    493.2 KB · Views: 5
  • upload_2015-7-3_1-20-12.png
    upload_2015-7-3_1-20-12.png
    946.8 KB · Views: 5
Since you have not registered uhc & provided the spot insurance group number is the reason why you are unable to see anything. As @redeye58 stated, talk to your hr. Remember you have a time limit to sign up for spot benefits of 30 days.

Thanks for the info. I would actually be doing this as a life event because I lost coverage that I had previously.

Thanks for the help. It would be nice if you could actually see who was part of the network before you signed up though. This is the only plan that I have ever seen where you can't do this.

Thanks for the info. I would actually be doing this as a life event because I lost coverage that I had previously.

Thanks for the help. It would be nice if you could actually see who was part of the network before you signed up though. This is the only plan that I have ever seen where you can't do this.

Target (they own the insurance so it is legitimate to blame them) makes every effort to keep their insurance opaque as possible.

Benefits are very hard to get these days. Spot likes take away that option for tm's, a lot:(

Last edited:
United will show which providers are part of their network.
Unless you enroll & enter your employer's group number, you won't be able to see plan provider details.
HOWEVER I doubt that UHC network providers would be part of one plan administered by UHC & excluded from another.
Likewise, if your provider accepts UHC they are most likely part of the network.
Pitfalls: I once had to go to the ER & went to an in-network hospital. After my claims were filed, I discovered that the ER physician was NOT a network provider & had to appeal the charges. UHC ended up splitting the difference. My state has since passed a law against such practices because patients at an ER usually aren't in the position to find out if their treating physician is in network or not.

If you are comfortable with any TLs who would be more likely to participate in medical benefits, it may be worth asking around if anyone knows about the coverage in your area. Unfortunately, in our area some of our team members have to drive over an hour to get to an urgent care or ER with coverage, passing several non-network ones along the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back