Archived Unrealistic expectation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm to get all caf done, get truck pushed and zoned and scanned, and get food truck done including the 2 day back long due to weather related delays while getting the open market process completed. And clean the ambient room and cooler purges while getting 12 step done in grocery.

With 20 hours of payroll for the day.

Um.... wut? My observations are met with "figure it out" and no further help. Literally every question or observation is key with that answer. I just DID figure it out. I can give you timeframes, but they are impossible to complete due to not enough people. One glorious day I will reply with. "No. You figure it out. Your market will burn if I'm not running it. Nobody else wants it, and it's going to take a new hire months to figure it out. See ya."

I hate this fucking company. I do what we can, and prioritize. Made over 5% yearly comp in consumables since I took over in late 2017, and that's because I ignore the idiotic parts of modernization and get shit done. Can't do 40 hours of tasks in 20.
How many isles does your dry grocery consist of? 12 stepping does not need to be done each day, nor does it need to be done with 100% accuracy or thoroughness. It seems there are things you can prioritize over others

yeah, my motto is "fake it don't make it". If you're using your device all the time to put stuff back to a planogram/actual perfect/super/deep zone when closing...you're taking too much time. You want it to look almost "perfect", but not necessarily actually be that way. Nothing on the floor (or basedecks when applicable). All front end caps (back ones never really get done...and nobodys ever really said anything) ...I''ll even pull from the back to fill some up if I have the time...filling an endcap can really make an area look nicer...

This being said, I do have a bit of ocd, so I'll use my device to planogram zone more often than I should.....can't help myself.

That's definitely an ASANTS thing. My closing lead is a bit OCD about checking zones. The first thing he does after checking his email is walk down every aisle of the store to check the state of the zones. When we are zoning, he comes back to check on us about an hour into it. When we have about an hour left he'll call us on the walkie, "Hey, how's it going? How far along are you and can you give me a guesstimate how many audits you've done?" No sense in trying to bullshit him about it. He'll be back shortly to walk the zone. When we go to the front at the end of our shift, he's there. "How far did you get and how does everything look?"

While that kind of makes him sound overbearing. He's not. He's great in that he appreciates a perfect zone and knows how long it should take based on how the zone looked like at the start and how much time was alloted. He's used two adjectives to describe my zone: awesome and amazing. I superzone every single time they tell me to zone. They'll tell me to quickzone if they want something different. The expectation when I'm told to go zone is that I'm going to make every aisle I have time to do in toys exactly how it should be.

Yeah, we only deep/POG zone when told you specifically Normally it's a pull forward/remove otherworld reshop zone. Audits? Again, only when we're told to...closing hardlines tm's don't audit on a whim that's for sure. Our store is known to be really messy, every etl that comes to our store remarks how messy the guests are. There's normally no time to deep zone and finish all reshop...so pull forward it is only. Tho as I've said, I tend to deep zone more than I should and sometimes create too much reshop on my own.

Yeah, we only deep/POG zone when told you specifically Normally it's a pull forward/remove otherworld reshop zone. Audits? Again, only when we're told to...closing hardlines tm's don't audit on a whim that's for sure. Our store is known to be really messy, every etl that comes to our store remarks how messy the guests are. There's normally no time to deep zone and finish all reshop...so pull forward it is only. Tho as I've said, I tend to deep zone more than I should and sometimes create too much reshop on my own.

Yeah, my store has been an extreme mess too. It's something we're trying to fix because 1) it hurts our flex fill metrics, 2) we're implementing the new ops model with a skeleton crew and a clean store helps make tasks faster, and 3) probably most importantly we've been getting a lot of surprise visitors checking up on how the new process is going and any messes definitely get mentioned.

Closing hardlines TMs should definitely audit when they have a chance. Filling outs and correcting counts helps make everything else go smoothly. And guests don't say "But it says you have it online!" when you've audited the on hands down to zero for the stuff you don't actually have. That crap doesn't drop in a flex fill either so it saves flex TMs time searching for things we don't have and keeps the INF percentage down.

We've never been told to audit on our own. Only time I audit is when we do the audit task list (usually done first thing in the morning by a hardlines tm). Maybe I'll ask my LoD tonight, she's my favorite so I'll see what she says.

All front end caps (back ones never really get done...and nobodys ever really said anything)
Weird. 2 out of 3 nights at my store when the LOD is calling out final instructions on the walkie they say "Check your back end caps."

I'm to get all caf done, get truck pushed and zoned and scanned, and get food truck done including the 2 day back long due to weather related delays while getting the open market process completed. And clean the ambient room and cooler purges while getting 12 step done in grocery.

With 20 hours of payroll for the day.

Um.... wut? My observations are met with "figure it out" and no further help. Literally every question or observation is key with that answer. I just DID figure it out. I can give you timeframes, but they are impossible to complete due to not enough people. One glorious day I will reply with. "No. You figure it out. Your market will burn if I'm not running it. Nobody else wants it, and it's going to take a new hire months to figure it out. See ya."

I hate this fucking company. I do what we can, and prioritize. Made over 5% yearly comp in consumables since I took over in late 2017, and that's because I ignore the idiotic parts of modernization and get shit done. Can't do 40 hours of tasks in 20.
Just for shits and giggles what parts of modernization in grocery do you skip. There are a lot of idiotic parts, like the length of War and Peace, lot.

Just for shits and giggles what parts of modernization in grocery do you skip. There are a lot of idiotic parts, like the length of War and Peace, lot.

Honestly, the boats and putting the TL outside the process are the good parts of modernization. And assignment sheets are great for using to communicate when I'm not there.

Otherwise, I have my opener pull CAF, my mid push boats, and my closer finish boats and clean up CAF.

My opening PA does the fresh stuff/CAF, and I break CAF up by area as modernization wants. My cooler/freezer guy gets fresh truck done with his area CAF.

I work where needed, clean up little messes, organize and do the little things so the team can focus on their areas, and work alongside whichever process has the most work today.

Hours suck now, so we are about a day behind at all times. Cant catch up with not enough people here every day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back