Unrealistic Expectations

In what world can you do a uboat in 6 minutes? If this were true Target would literally just have you push the entire truck.
Okay that was optimistic as fuck, and related to a poor performing TM of mine. But they rolled over 2 u boats, and they were not tiny, but not gigantic; and one of them took me 6 minutes, the other one 12. 6 minutes for hipa/brita/coffee maker vehicle and 12 minutes for kitchen bakeware/Pyrex/canisters/gadgets vehicle.

Of course, I’m not zoning as I go 🤷🏻‍♂️

Okay that was optimistic as fuck, and related to a poor performing TM of mine. But they rolled over 2 u boats, and they were not tiny, but not gigantic; and one of them took me 6 minutes, the other one 12. 6 minutes for hipa/brita/coffee maker vehicle and 12 minutes for kitchen bakeware/Pyrex/canisters/gadgets vehicle.

Of course, I’m not zoning as I go 🤷🏻‍♂️
You did spider wrap big dollar kitchen stuff too? I hope so.

AP does it begrudgingly at my store. But to be honest I asked the small appliances person about it and she said that she doesn't have to and we don't spider wrap most of that stuff anymore. So who knows. Lol.
A lot of stuff now doesn’t require it so anything extra (not apart of the HQ designated protected items) I think should be handled by AP, as it is the TPSs job to assist with merch protection. I’m all for protecting the stuff that is required as it’s my job but I think anything extra is up to AP to deal with

I just ask my AP if they want whatever I have wrapped. If they say yes, I do it. No reason to make a big deal out of it or get caught up in corporate policy. AP says spiderwrap that, just do it. It only takes a few seconds to do.

A lot of stuff now doesn’t require it so anything extra (not apart of the HQ designated protected items) I think should be handled by AP, as it is the TPSs job to assist with merch protection. I’m all for protecting the stuff that is required as it’s my job but I think anything extra is up to AP to deal with
Same. You should come see our electronics department. I refuse to lock up a 12.99 SD card.

The lack of uniformity can be irritating though. Right now in our men's department there are at least 5 watches that I would think should be secured as they range from $50-$100. But they aren't. When I try to get one that I see in that price range secured, no one knows anything about a case that I saw a couple times it would fit in. When a few minutes search turns up nothing GS says to leave it with them and they'll handle it, but it's back unsecured in the next reshop cart. When I ask another softlines person to get a $100 watch secured, I see it in the sorted reshop cart with the men's wallets and $20 watches, unsecured. I gave up; being the lone voice makes it clear that I'm actually the one in the wrong when it comes to the procedure. Those $99.99 watches are just sitting on the shelf next to the $20 watches with nothing extra to keep them from walking out.

Unless your store is teeming with TPSes with nothing to do, we’re way too busy to go around spider wrapping stuff for you. Merch protection is TPS’s duty, but that means communicating a positive AP culture of having your team members wrap stuff while they’re stocking. I understand if it’s far away, you can leave it to the end, but if your TL is getting on to you about not finishing goal times because of you taking the extra time to wrap something, AP will be more than happy to have a discussion with said TL.

Electronics folks can give you a keeper for those watches. I would suggest letting ap know about them too.
I figure if a few GS folks have decided that those watches don't need security and half of softlines have decided the same, then being in the extreme minority means I'm actually in the wrong and the watches are not on the list to secure. Therefore, with all the other things that E2E has thrown on my plate, it's a waste of time doing something that isn't an actual to-do task when I could be doing something mandated.

I figure if a few GS folks have decided that those watches don't need security and half of softlines have decided the same, then being in the extreme minority means I'm actually in the wrong and the watches are not on the list to secure. Therefore, with all the other things that E2E has thrown on my plate, it's a waste of time doing something that isn't an actual to-do task when I could be doing something mandated.

I would still pair with your APTL (if you have one) or TPS and discuss that concern. Maybe even your softlines TL or ETL. We weren't spider wrapping a LOT of things during Q4 because we didn't have enough of the wraps.

I'm one to just do things myself. I ask electronics where they keep the wraps or the keepers and put the item in myself. Being that the watches aren't currently secure, it's definitely a question for your AP.

We used to lock up things when we had a jewelry boat. This should be NO different given the price point.

Now you've got me curious to see the prices on the watches in our men's department. Didn't think any of them were expensive. And definitely none of them are "secured".

The ones we have that are expensive are all Casio. Maybe that will help you find them.

Spiderwrap alone won't work, the actual case is easily broken, it's part cardboard and part cheap plastic. There is a case I saw one in one time that was like a DVD case but was square, and no one has heard of a case that looks like that. GS told me when I was describing it that it came with the watch from the manufacturer and they didn't have replacement watch cases, even though it was identical to target's security boxes.

Spiderwrap alone won't work, the actual case is easily broken, it's part cardboard and part cheap plastic. There is a case I saw one in one time that was like a DVD case but was square, and no one has heard of a case that looks like that. GS told me when I was describing it that it came with the watch from the manufacturer and they didn't have replacement watch cases, even though it was identical to target's security boxes.
I know the ones being referenced here, Casio watches come in them. They aren’t target merch protection, they ship like that. You cut a piece of plastic to release the watch from the keeper. Disposable, and I don’t think they activate the EAS towers.

What I don't get is if they are from the manufacturer then why was the top gray and the magnet unlocked it the same way?

What I don't get is if they are from the manufacturer then why was the top gray and the magnet unlocked it the same way?
Those are perfume keepers. The ones from Casio are disposable and the bottom of the watch packaging is the bottom of the keeper.

We have ones that are square. We currently have about 4 or 5 different lock up cases due to an overzealous AP Etl.

Back