Archived Unsettable Planograms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it just me or are some of the planograms/revisions unsettable as written? Two recent cases:

1. The revision for coffeemakers the week of 3/19. As written, it says to add 19 peghooks and to set signing at -27 inches. I asked my tl if i should dig a trench. The peghooks are located nowhere on the pog.

2. One of the decor central pogs call for a shelf at 127 inches. Really? 10 feet in the air?

Then I have the log-etl super audit them. She called me to that coffeemaker revision 20 times auditing it. How can you audit such a poorly written revision.

What I did was line up the displays over where the product is because some of the displays were called to be two sections down from the product. I told her it is better for the guest to have the displays as close as possible to the product. Do I really have to explain this to you?

Is it just me or are some of the planograms/revisions unsettable as written? Two recent cases:

1. The revision for coffeemakers the week of 3/19. As written, it says to add 19 peghooks and to set signing at -27 inches. I asked my tl if i should dig a trench. The peghooks are located nowhere on the pog.

2. One of the decor central pogs call for a shelf at 127 inches. Really? 10 feet in the air?

Then I have the log-etl super audit them. She called me to that coffeemaker revision 20 times auditing it. How can you audit such a poorly written revision.

What I did was line up the displays over where the product is because some of the displays were called to be two sections down from the product. I told her it is better for the guest to have the displays as close as possible to the product. Do I really have to explain this to you?

This is what happens when they rely on the computer software to generate the Planograms and don't check for discrepancies. I have been told that they "know we will just fix it at the store level" so they don't bother to fix it at their end.

Didn't notice anything strange about the coffeemaker revisions, but I honestly didn't look that closely, just checked the where the new displays needed to go.

The decor central pogs have items on shelves that clearly don't actually fit in anywhere. The BOM on one of mine only called for 10 shelves and that is what fits, but there was an extra shelf or two of labels in each section. On one of the schematic pages in the Planogram it says these items are to be flexed in wherever they fit. Again, very lazy work from whomever designed the pog.

Sadly, that tends to happen fairly frequently. Maybe 0.5% of the time (which is still a lot, given the number of planos sent per year, incl. SPLs). When this occurs, I usually check to see if there is a working image of the structure, instead of just the line listing, and that the structural image is not broken as well. If it is broken, then there's not much of a choice other than to make a best estimate of the positioning and to let the leadership of the area and the PPTL know about the issue so that it can be MySupported.

We have had quite a few too. My favorite recently is the 23.5" cactus that is suppose to fit on a shelf that is 8". We have had quite a few label strips that start with 1-3 then 1-1 1-2 etc. You just have to plano the shit out of them!

Yeah the locations for signs and stuff are on peghooks, it doesn't mean you have to actually set it there. It's just a technical location for the signage like backer paper and the like.

On the 127 inches pog, does it say "don't put product on this shelf"?

We had no problem with our coffeemakers >.>

This is what happens when they rely on the computer software to generate the Planograms and don't check for discrepancies. I have been told that they "know we will just fix it at the store level" so they don't bother to fix it at their end.

Didn't notice anything strange about the coffeemaker revisions, but I honestly didn't look that closely, just checked the where the new displays needed to go.

The decor central pogs have items on shelves that clearly don't actually fit in anywhere. The BOM on one of mine only called for 10 shelves and that is what fits, but there was an extra shelf or two of labels in each section. On one of the schematic pages in the Planogram it says these items are to be flexed in wherever they fit. Again, very lazy work from whomever designed the pog.
I'll bet their paychecks are spot on.

I ran into that while pushing a caf pull, in the aisle with cake stands and baking pans..first section is standard, next two are reverse, then back to standard...I thought it was the person who set it..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back