Up and quit/Sexual Harassment

Worked for Target for over eight years, earlier this year I transferred to a different store in a different state. The store was a s$&t show as was the management.Even though I knew how the Bullseye worked , every store is a little bit different. I wasn’t introduced to anyone, not even team members I was working with, and basically only was aware who my ETL and team lead were. Their idea of leading was yelling at team members and saying they weren’t working fast enough. On top of that, even though I’m male there was extensive sexual harassment by fellow team members, something I never experienced at my former store. The actions of the leads and team members became too much, I didn’t know who to talk to (felt there was no one I could report to) so ended up being a no call-no show. I would work for Target again, but not at the store I was at, I realized I burned the Target employee bridge- and do regret it, but don’t regret leaving that store. Anyone else have similar experiences?

Last edited:
Sorry for your experience but I would still bring your thoughts to the SD AND Target Corporate. Target takes harassment seriously so let me give you two examples.

1) Someone in Style had me talk to the SD about the ETL harassing the women. I noticed that ETL left soon after that.

2) A TL was harassed me twice about not being able to move a heavy pallet (soon after I had a major health issue) so I complained to HR.

They talked to him but about a month later he yelled at me in from of my TL (who said nothing) and about a dozen TMs about something else.

After that incident I TOLD EVERYONE I WORKED WITH ABOUT THIS not HR because that guy decided to make that conversation public.

He left for another job afterwards. However he was also supposed to be a "fill-in TL" on weekends occasionally but that ended real quick after that incident.

So reach out to Target and have them document this TO HELP THE TMS AT THAT STORE.

Good luck.

Worked for Target for over eight years, earlier this year I transferred to a different store in a different state. The store was a s$&t show as was the management.Even though I knew how the Bullseye worked , every store is a little bit different. I wasn’t introduced to anyone, not even team members I was working with, and basically only was aware who my ETL and team lead were. Their idea of leading was yelling at team members and saying they weren’t working fast enough. On top of that, even though I’m male there was extensive sexual harassment by fellow team members, something I never experienced at my former store. The actions of the leads and team members became too much, I didn’t know who to talk to (felt there was no one I could report to) so ended up being a no call-no show. I would work for Target again, but not at the store I was at, I realized I burned the Target employee bridge- and do regret it, but don’t regret leaving that store. Anyone else have similar experiences?
I thought harassment free workplace training was required every year by Target. The training specifically mentions telling your leader/HR/SD about any harassment. You could have also made an integrity call and the SD/HR would have had to do a follow up.

It may have been easier to report it if I knew who the SD and touch point in HR were- In My old store it would not have been a problem, the store I transferred to was and is a train wreck-

I did introduce myself and memorized as many names as I could. I was a trainer in the past and always made sure the people on my watch knew store hierarchy, who to talk to and made sure they could always ask me protocol and who to report things too

If you're still in contact with the SD or HR at your old store you might want to reach out to them and see if they can help you with an email address for someone at your current store's district level or someone else to get in contact with regarding the situation. IDK if that would work, but if it were me I'd try. Being that you worked there so long and had no issues, then went to this store and suddenly did a NCNS... should be a huge red flag to take what you write seriously.

Not every community has multiple Targets to chose from, some towns only have one Target and even with recon- you can only hope to make positive changes in what could be a challenging situation.

It may have been easier to report it if I knew who the SD and touch point in HR were- In My old store it would not have been a problem, the store I transferred to was and is a train wreck-
If you transferred to this store earlier this year, how could you not know who the SD or HR ETL was? It’s not that hard to find out. In fact, most stores have photos of who they are.

Most stores do have photos up of store leaders, this one did not. The store was in such chaos it was calling in for support help from other Targets from surrounding states, So I did start at a shaky time which probably didn’t help the situation.

We had an ETL who was fired for sexual harassment of same-sex team members. He also hovered over my husband a lot but never said anything of that nature to him--probably because we both worked at the same store at the time. I had worked for him when he was a TL at a different store and I was glad to work for him then. However, he was apparently doing the same thing at that store, too. He was held accountable at the second store, but he was in cahoots with the SD at the first store and she wouldn't take the accusations seriously. They're both gone from Target, now.

Back