Archived Upcoming GSTL Interview

Status
Not open for further replies.

CartwheelCaptain

GSA Extraordinaire
Hi everyone,

I'm looking for some advice on what to do/say/wear/whatever for a GSTL interview that I have on Thursday. I'm currently a GSA and have been for a few years now. I started out as a cashier four years ago and was quickly promoted without having to fill out any applications, do any interviews, or receive any training. I've been trying to get a TL position for some time now, and another store in my district has a GSTL position open.

I've been "on the bench" for about a year (which didn't mean much to me) so I have the blessings and support from pretty much every leader in my current store. They are all certain that I will get this position, to the point that they're already trying to figure out how to replace me.

Today I found out that my first interview will be on Thursday with the ETL-HR at the other store, who actually used to be the ETL-HR at my current store and she put me "on the bench" and claimed to be "developing me" in the first place. I'm pretty sure that I can ace an interview with her. My biggest concern is that she's mentioned that I should do some "prep work" with my STL or ETL-GE and I don't think that either of them will have time to help me with that before my interview.

So, I turn to you guys. As someone who has lurked these boards on occasion for a few years, I feel that you could possibly be very helpful. Basically I'd like to know what questions they will ask me so that I can be prepared. I don't interview well and I'm extremely nervous.

I appreciate all of the help that you can give me!

Wear red and khaki, but if make sure it's a polo or button up. Nice shoes, no tennis shoes. The questions are very much situation based just like your original interview. "Tell me about a time..."

When I interviewed, all the interviewers were very disengaging at first. They started with small talk, asked for your opinions, etc etc, before "officially" starting the interview questions. But just keep in mind that the interview starts the moment you enter the room or pick up the phone.

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for some advice on what to do/say/wear/whatever for a GSTL interview that I have on Thursday. I'm currently a GSA and have been for a few years now. I started out as a cashier four years ago and was quickly promoted without having to fill out any applications, do any interviews, or receive any training. I've been trying to get a TL position for some time now, and another store in my district has a GSTL position open.

I've been "on the bench" for about a year (which didn't mean much to me) so I have the blessings and support from pretty much every leader in my current store. They are all certain that I will get this position, to the point that they're already trying to figure out how to replace me.

Today I found out that my first interview will be on Thursday with the ETL-HR at the other store, who actually used to be the ETL-HR at my current store and she put me "on the bench" and claimed to be "developing me" in the first place. I'm pretty sure that I can ace an interview with her. My biggest concern is that she's mentioned that I should do some "prep work" with my STL or ETL-GE and I don't think that either of them will have time to help me with that before my interview.

So, I turn to you guys. As someone who has lurked these boards on occasion for a few years, I feel that you could possibly be very helpful. Basically I'd like to know what questions they will ask me so that I can be prepared. I don't interview well and I'm extremely nervous.

I appreciate all of the help that you can give me!
Just seeing this so I assume you already had the interview... how'd it go?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back