Archived Using swap board too often

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does management frown on people using the swap board too often? I have stated on here before that I am being scheduled more than I would like and at this point in the year I could really use a break. I put two shifts up a few weeks ago and someone took them and then I used it again for a day that they were predicting snow/ice. I was thinking of putting another one up in a few weeks, but was wondering if that will not be a good idea and it will make it seem like I don't want the job at all, which I do. Other people in my work center (who are also part time like me and have fairly limited availability) are scheduled much shorter shifts than me-like 4-5 hours or only get 8 hours a week. I am consistently scheduled 8.5 hours on my shifts. I would love some shorter shifts, but they don't allow to put up partial shifts.

If the person taking your shift is qualified to do so, mgt doesn't GAF who it is - for the most part. All they need is a warm body.

Have you entered your availability into the Hr system, My Time? You can list the days, hours you want, and time available to work.

Actually I've noticed a definite trend in that those who put up a lot of hours on swap shift tend to get a lot more hours than those "begging" for hours. This made no sense to me until I also noticed that those shifts are sometimes deleted before filled.

Point: Hours budgeted for the store or work center are shown as allocated BUT if STL needs to, he/she can lop the schedule from swap sheet without losing budget for future.

That's what's happening there.

Thanks for all the replies. I ended up not putting any more hours up at this time. I don’t want to seem like I don’t want to work. (Although I hope that my work ethic is apparent when I am working.) It just surprises me that I am still scheduled the maximum amount at 17 hours for the 2 days I am available when others in my work center are litterally only getting 4 hours a week.

Thanks for all the replies. I ended up not putting any more hours up at this time. I don’t want to seem like I don’t want to work. (Although I hope that my work ethic is apparent when I am working.) It just surprises me that I am still scheduled the maximum amount at 17 hours for the 2 days I am available when others in my work center are litterally only getting 4 hours a week.

Aw, somebody likes you! Seriously.

I'm in the same boat. Spot is my 2nd job and I have limited availability, yet I'm scheduled more hours than most of my fellow TMs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back