Archived v43 POS Changes - What to expect!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scanning the ID will be the first option. The training will say "If necessary" the guest may swipe ID on the card reader or something like that.
I think that IDs should not be swiped at all if the cashier can't do it, they should just be scanned instead.

Well if there is no Service Desk person than that isn't an issue. We don't get our SD person until 9am or 10am each day anyways. Closing Guest Service at 9PM seems like a silly move when it's not that hard to walk the lanes and peek over at the SD every couple of minutes.

Every couple of minutes? Many of our guests freak out the second they get to the counter if there is no one there. And that is also impossible to do while shutting down the lames.

Target company are idiots this is going to make getting red cards very hard know.

I... don't see how it affects redcards at all.
We would choose credit for guests without them finding out credit till after application know they are just going to decline every time they try to do one cause it credit .

Anyone having their readers freeze up and not read cards at all at the register? And if so how can you fix it?

Happened to me when I was shopping a few days ago.
The GSA came over & they had to reboot.
Some things I don't miss....

Anyone having their readers freeze up and not read cards at all at the register? And if so how can you fix it?

You can try manually entering the card #'s on the card reader. If that doesn't work, you'll need to reboot the PIN pad and register. Lovely, right?

You can try manually entering the card #'s on the card reader. If that doesn't work, you'll need to reboot the PIN pad and register. Lovely, right?
No not really im just going to call and bitch at csc if it starts becoming an issue

It slows down registers or makes them freeze. Its definitely a POS system. And yes you can do returns on the lanes.

So yes, there is a way to fix this without manually entering in the credit information (About 90% of the time).

On the total screen:
Press K3: Credit
Press K1: All of it
Press K1: Enter in manually

Look at the card reader to make sure that the screen displayed is the one with the input box for the full credit card number. It might takes a minute to load.

After that, keep pressing back until you get to the original total screen. This process seems to boot the card reader back into a state where it will accept cards again. At that point, enter the card either through the chip reader or have the guest swipe their card.

If the reader is just a blank, grey screen, it must be reset.

Today was the first day of our chip card rollout. As an on duty GSA, I would describe the day as horrific. The new POS system is slow at every point of the process. The POS system also crashes computers relentlessly, requiring them to be powered down and booted up: a 25 minute process. Add into the mix some call offs and general cashier confusion and you have a day I would like to forget, quickly.

Man, we have about a week until rollout, and I'm terrified by what I've been reading here...

They should not even change it if it is not broke don't fix it.

Like I'm all for some of the changes that the update brings, but the reports of instability scare me

Good news! Did some digging and account payments and receipt lookup are available under the K5 menu, even on the normal checklanes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back