COVID-19 Vaccine Pay

Nope. I specifically asked this. They are wrong.
I got my first shot on 4/21 and my second one is May 12.

The vaccine pay showed up on my April 29 paycheck.

Target never even asked to see my vaccination card. I am 55 so maybe that was a factor.

ClosingQueen

Night Owl
How does one contact CirrusMD?
Download CirrusMD app and enter your information. When contacting a Dr be sure to include the state you live in as some states have different doctors. It was super easy and I had my answer to a possible close contact situation within a few minutes. The doctors notes were saved so I was able to show it to my HR as proof that I was able to work.

I got my first shot on 4/21 and my second one is May 12.

The vaccine pay showed up on my April 29 paycheck.

Target never even asked to see my vaccination card. I am 55 so maybe that was a factor.
We all had to show our card each time, HR made a copy and payment was on the check following. I'm over 60, but the same was true for those under 20.

We all had to show our card each time, HR made a copy and payment was on the check following. I'm over 60, but the same was true for those under 20.
Idk anything ahout age, but HR is saying that they cannot pay be because it will make me go overtime. It’s pretty frustrating because many are saying hours shouldn’t matter

Last edited:

redeye58

Hasta Ba Rista, Baby!
My HR is denying me the pay because it “puts me into overtime”. I tried explaining how it’s “emergency pay and it’s separate” but they said the computer won’t let them put it in. ????
Your HR is a cretin.
I was at 40 hrs both pay periods that my emergency hrs were added; it's like holiday pay in that it doesn't count toward your weekly pay.
Call the number as Coqui suggested.

I recently found out that Shipt is also paying the independent contractors $25 for each shot. So if you work for Target and deliver for Shipt, sounds like you get paid from both.

My HR is denying me the pay because it “puts me into overtime”. I tried explaining how it’s “emergency pay and it’s separate” but they said the computer won’t let them put it in. ????
Bullshit. i am doing it every day and it does not put you into OT...it’s a different pay code. The computer will not stop you from putting it in.

Bullshit. i am doing it every day and it does not put you into OT...it’s a different pay code. The computer will not stop you from putting it in.
Figured. They compared it to “sick time” and how one can’t use their sick time if it puts them into overtime? Which maybe is true? But that’s how they explained it to me/also compared it to me working over my average hours = can’t get it.

Figured. They compared it to “sick time” and how one can’t use their sick time if it puts them into overtime? Which maybe is true? But that’s how they explained it to me/also compared it to me working over my average hours = can’t get it.
It doesn’t affect your average hours. You could call HROC and have them contact your HR team with the information.

redeye58

Hasta Ba Rista, Baby!
They compared it to “sick time” and how one can’t use their sick time if it puts them into overtime?
Except that it's specifically classified as EMERGENCY pay, not sick time - two distinctly different accounts.
I wonder if they're really just trying to hoard payroll for this since I can't believe they're that stupid.

Except that it's specifically classified as EMERGENCY pay, not sick time - two distinctly different accounts.
I wonder if they're really just trying to hoard payroll for this since I can't believe they're that stupid.
On my last paycheck the Vaccine Pay showed up as a separate line item.

This is no different that when the bonuses were given out.