COVID-19 Vaccine

I got it!

I got the J&J version, so I'm good. It hurt a little, then they forced me to stay, then it hurt a lot. I went shopping right after, halfway through shopping I realized that it had stopped hurting, even with movement or picking up heavy items. Definitely a gentle vaccine.

Yes you can. Maybe it’s state by state, but we do here.
Well let’s put it this way it is target policy not to use vacation hours when you call in sick. Because this is not an advance day off ir is a call out that possibly is not being replace as it would if you would go on vacation. My hr would get fired if she would allow this.

Just finished my second dose of Moderna last Saturday. I had a sore arm on my first dose but the second one was different. I was sore all over my body. Felt like I got into a car accident and had the soreness felt the day after. I also had the cold chills which I did not expect. I had to call in sick because of my chills. But after 3 days I was fine.
Now I just have to get a hold of HR so I can give them a copy of my vaccination card.

I'm scheduled to work on the day of my 2nd shot even though I told them I was getting my second shot and asked them not to schedule me.

Worked the day of for both shots (Moderna), had to call out the day after. Second shot gave me body aches, chills, and fever for about a day and a half.

Okay, this is freaky. Day 2 and no feeling different. No aches, no exhaustion, no chills, not even a sore spot. I'm wondering if I got a counterfeit vaccine, like how the flu vaccine is counterfeited in years with shortages.

Okay, this is freaky. Day 2 and no feeling different. No aches, no exhaustion, no chills, not even a sore spot. I'm wondering if I got a counterfeit vaccine, like how the flu vaccine is counterfeited in years with shortages.
I had no side effects as well besides a sore arm. It's weird you didn't have a sore spot though, even if the needle was empty you should've still had a sore spot from the needle going in your arm lol

I had no side effects as well besides a sore arm. It's weird you didn't have a sore spot though, even if the needle was empty you should've still had a sore spot from the needle going in your arm lol
I've got a teeny sore spot, less than 1x1 inch. Skin area, not like a muscle. I've had mystery bruises show up that hurt more than this.

Well let’s put it this way it is target policy not to use vacation hours when you call in sick. Because this is not an advance day off ir is a call out that possibly is not being replace as it would if you would go on vacation. My hr would get fired if she would allow this.
I’m talking 20+ years, some as an etl, 9 different stores and many many hr. We’ve always used vacation to cover call ins. I’ve worked in states that don’t have sick pay. Maybe that’s the difference.

I had a headache and was majorly tired the day after the second shot but that also might have had something to do with the weather.
We had a snowstorm and it was messing with my sinuses.

I did have a headache like 3 days after, but I get headaches all the time so I can’t really say it was from the vaccine. Plus that would be pretty unusual for a headache to show up 3 days after.

Got the first Moderna yesterday and it's just standard vaccine soreness. I've been having an eye roll at all the TMs who are calling off after the first shot, or whining to go home early. And it's always the same people who take advantage of anything they can. When they get the second shot, they might have a more legit excuse but it will still come off as more whining because they faked discomfort after the first one. We should cut their hours because they don't want to work. So sick of babying people.

People can suffer after the first dose. Would you like to hear from someone who was asymptomatic say those with debilitating symptoms are babies because clearly COVID19 symptoms are mild?

Back