VALID FOR CORRECTIVE ACTION??

But please just be willing to eat the cost. Take it as a lesson that will be valuable to you later in your career. You will have to decide if arguing is worth your job. I suggest being quiet and just complying. Don't talk to HR or the lawyer. If you do you will lose your job unless that is what you want.
I guess you have a point 😭

Wrong if hes fired for talking to hr or lawyer that is retaliation and is illegal

Respectfully, you are correct. However, please trust me that large companies like Target will find a way to get what they want. Trust me. They have ways.

If this is just short-term, please just do as they ask and enjoy your transfer!

The issue is the fact tl is just writing suff down and ignoring it . If does again go talk to hr and let them know hey my tl told me to leave at this time so i dont go over 40.

As for other part idk why ud have to stay till everyone leaves them saying that is bogus

One final thought:

Document everything!

They may be trying to build a case against you anyway.

They may also be trying to trick you into working off the clock.

Edited---- (Thanks Team!)
Only if it is acceptable under the law in your specific locality...
When you clock out, turn your cell phone on to record so you can record anything they tell you in case they try to pull a fast one on you and get you fired for working off the clock. Without such a recording you will have no evidence to get your job back.

Last edited:
Document everything but keep your documentation secret. As in keep it at home.

Only do so If it is legal:
The cell phone recording is your real record. Be careful about this and be sneaky because recording can get you fired too.

Last edited:
One final thought:

Document everything!

They may be trying to build a case against you anyway.

They may also be trying to trick you into working off the clock.

When you clock out, turn your cell phone on to record so you can record anything they tell you in case they try to pull a fast one on you and get you fired for working off the clock. Without such a recording you will have no evidence to get your job back.
Yeah so far I have a recording of me waiting the day I was told to clock out

You can't transfer if you are on corrective action. It appears to be performance issues to me. I am seeing failure to follow directions & policy violations. You did not give hourly updates during your shift with the closing tl before you left. The reason your etl was talking to you about the swap shifts, you can't work past 40 hours in a week. No overtime at spot unless approved.
Depending on your review by your tl would you told on what to improve on to your job better.
Calling the hotline, not a good idea. You should of talk to your SD, hr, or etl, in the end.
We are the Internet & not your store.

Next time just stay if it’s ot it’s on them . They can not keep you in the store while off the clock If they do then the next day I would do a punch correction and let hr know that apparently the Tl wants me to stay after my time is up and since I’m off the clock I’m submitting a punch correction for the time I wasn’t allowed to leave.

Recordings can be against state law.

@Hardlinesmaster

Thanks for the catch.

OP, please look up your state law prior to using any advice from anyone. Localities will vary and you don't want to risk legal exposure. Believe me that Target will go after you if they can and want to. You are truly expendable and they will make examples out of people if they think it will serve them.

Always remember that You are in charge of your career. Be an asset to the company that you work for and if they don't treat you right, move on to a different company with Your career. Don't let them stall or ruin your career. You are valuable just go out and find a company that sees that value.

Make long-term plans for furthering your education and move into an industry that you are passionate about.

I think you had called main tmsc number or hotline.
No I spoke with Human Resources and got their perspective on the situation, the Human Resources that deals with the TM benefits, payroll, etc they also told me if it occurred again to report it to the hotline which I don’t believe is the right way to go because it is run by a 3rd party which does nothing

No I spoke with Human Resources and got their perspective on the situation, the Human Resources that deals with the TM benefits, payroll, etc they also told me if it occurred again to report it to the hotline which I don’t believe is the right way to go because it is run by a 3rd party which does nothing
You called tmsc. Which is the main hr line for tm’s. You need to talk to your sd. I think there are things missing. What was the score your review?

Take responsibility - Always cover your own ASZ - Find ways to protect yourself -
‘Always do the checkout before leaving. If you are leaving early, do so with permission.
Do not be afraid to say : ”taking that shift will put me over 40 hours, should I come in later or leave earlier?”
OR TL approaches you and tells you to “not go over 40, leave at 9:00” -
I would check out with them at 8:45 with “I am leaving in 10 minutes, is there anything else you need from me ?”
Then punch out at 8:55 and leave the building before doors are locked.
‘Stay calm, don’t make waves, do as you’re told, transfer with good graces and move on. Stop dwelling on and talking about what has already happened.

Back