VALID FOR CORRECTIVE ACTION??

Take responsibility - Always cover your own ASZ - Find ways to protect yourself -
‘Always do the checkout before leaving. If you are leaving early, do so with permission.
Do not be afraid to say : ”taking that shift will put me over 40 hours, should I come in later or leave earlier?”
OR TL approaches you and tells you to “not go over 40, leave at 9:00” -
I would check out with them at 8:45 with “I am leaving in 10 minutes, is there anything else you need from me ?”
Then punch out at 8:55 and leave the building before doors are locked.
‘Stay calm, don’t make waves, do as you’re told, transfer with good graces and move on. Stop dwelling on and talking about what has already happened.
Ive done that the issue here is that once I clock out I am told to stay until I am clear after the doors are locked and wait for the rest of the 9 o’clock crew to gather round and leave at the same time. It becomes a problem when there’s guest who come in last minute and I’m hitting overtime so I have to clock out but wait until we get the last guest out clear the building gather the team and all leave the building together

When you clock out, turn your cell phone on to record so you can record anything they tell you in case they try to pull a fast one on you and get you fired for working off the clock. Without such a recording you will have no evidence to get your job back.
No. Do not do this unless it’s you live in a state where you don’t need to party consent to record. Otherwise it would be illegal

No. Do not do this unless it’s you live in a state where you don’t need to party consent to record. Otherwise it would be illegal
Thank you!
This was already addressed, please see above.

I will edit that now as it seems to be causing confusion. Thanks again.

I agree and blanket disclaimer:

All individuals must consider all aspects of the law before taking any action. Never rely on the advice from an internet forum (or your friends and family). Consult a qualified lawyer for answers to legal questions.

Last edited:
Ive done that the issue here is that once I clock out I am told to stay until I am clear after the doors are locked and wait for the rest of the 9 o’clock crew to gather round and leave at the same time. It becomes a problem when there’s guest who come in last minute and I’m hitting overtime so I have to clock out but wait until we get the last guest out clear the building gather the team and all leave the building together
And that it’s a fireable Offense my fried

What do you mean by that?
The fact that you stay after you clock out and wait for that last guest to leave to gather the team and leave together It is considered working off the clock especially if your store closes at 9 and there’s team members schedule for 9:30 there is no point for you to still be in the building after store close

The fact that you stay after you clock out and wait for that last guest to leave to gather the team and leave together It is considered working off the clock especially if your store closes at 9 and there’s team members schedule for 9:30 there is no point for you to still be in the building after store close
Exactly my point and my TL told me I needed to stay and they told me if it occurs again that I’ll get a corrective action , I talked to another TL who says there might be confusion but I told them it’s illegal to keep me after I clock out .

Exactly my point and my TL told me I needed to stay and they told me if it occurs again that I’ll get a corrective action , I talked to another TL who says there might be confusion but I told them it’s illegal to keep me after I clock out .
I suggest doing punch correction the next day every time . Hr needs to approve it and that will raise some eye brows after one time

Back