Archived Vendors....

Status
Not open for further replies.
This would get that ETL fired in a second
Actually going through with it? Oh for sure and he wouldn't have actually done it. But he was pretty convincing when he implied that he could do it with just one phone call to the DTL.

I've lived through so many ctls my food vendors still look for me to help them...they justify it because they need sale signs...lol.

My frito lay guys just got new routes. I'm gonna miss them.
Pepsi/coke/polar finally tamed.
Nabisco still drives me nuts, but he's better than he was.
Dryers still leaves boxes on a flat, but he flattens them.
Martins bread used to be so grumpy i wad told to not make eye contact. He's s teddy bear with me.
Pf bread loves me, pf crackers is awesome lady too.
Freezer guy is practically family...

Right?! And in my opinion she's got one of the hardest tasks. Sure, her stuff is pretty light weight compared to pallets of soda, and she's never in as much of a rush as our other vendors, but think about it- the card section is always totally screwed up in stores. People just put things anywhere and mix the wrong envelops with the cards. I'd be pretty interested in learning exactly how she goes about her work.

...now that I think about it, assuming the instructions make it super clear what to put where that could actually be a pretty fun job haha
I have asked her how she does it all and she showed me it's literally blurry images of the cards but their skills alone of being able to zone them is amazing! It's like the ultimate matching cards game.

Most of our vendors are pretty cool. The only complaint I have is that some of the beverage guys and the Frito Lay guy never fucking break down their cardboard when they throw it into the bailer...

I forgot about this. I usually remind them when I see them near the baler with empty boxes, but half the store team doesn't break down boxes, so why should the vendors care?

When I was in receiving I loved my vendors. Frito coke and utz were the best. Both coke and Frito offered me jobs with them. Milk vendor gosh I'll just say I wish she wasn't married lol. Only one I would say i had problems with was nabisco. They would constantly have 2 pallets worth of backstock. Now as pmt I can only stand a few of my vendors. Refrigeration door and hvac. All the others suck

Most of our vendors are pretty cool. The only complaint I have is that some of the beverage guys and the Frito Lay guy never fucking break down their cardboard when they throw it into the bailer...

Frito should be taking their cardboard with them. I know ours wasn't and they wrote him up since they reuse it at the wear house

Vendors either leave all their shit around the baler, or they toss it all in, plastic and all. It pisses me off.

A lot of our vendors are kind of shifty- always trying to sneak in and out so no one can confront them about anything.

Our chip and bread people seem fantastic. Keebler/Nabisco routinely leave excess product in the way in the back. Hostess has had a fair amount of expired product on the floor, but no one ever manages to catch them in order to talk to them about it.

The American Greetings lady is wonderful- very self sufficient.

Beverages, though...*sigh* beverages are the absolute worst. Our main Coke guy is great- very friendly and agreeable, but one of the guys he works with routinely shows up drunk/hungover. Pepsi is always leaving way too much excess product and clogging up our line with empty pallets they should've taken. There's a lot about vendors that I still don't understand, but it's pretty clear they're the cause of ~30% of the headaches our PA, ETL-SF, and ETL-LOG suffer.

Our new STL is starting to crack down on stuff though, so I can see things improving in the near future.
Hostess is not a vendor product it is shipped to stores by the dc and it is the salefloors problem.

Hostess is not a vendor product it is shipped to stores by the dc and it is the salefloors problem.

*shrug* it's been a while since I've been on Flow so I can't really remember if I came across their stuff or not- I just know that our consumables guy said he was gonna have to talk to Hostess about it because it was the second time we'd had a guest complain about an out date. Normally he just complains about Flow team screwing up when that happens.

*shrug* it's been a while since I've been on Flow so I can't really remember if I came across their stuff or not- I just know that our consumables guy said he was gonna have to talk to Hostess about it because it was the second time we'd had a guest complain about an out date. Normally he just complains about Flow team screwing up when that happens.
Maybe he needs to start checking the dates himself.

I'm pretty sure I've seen the hostess vendor come in to fifo and pull out of dates, even though it is stocked by the store TMs.

I'm pretty sure I've seen the hostess vendor come in to fifo and pull out of dates, even though it is stocked by the store TMs.
This is the new process. Their standard is to only pull one day out. So pull Monday if it expires Tuesday. They don't come in enough for that to work. I tried to short date after a vendor visit from them.

Whew- thanks. I thought I was imagining things at first. I knew I'd seen vendors messing with the Hostess stuff, but after targetflowslave's comment I started thinking back to my Flow shifts, and I did remember pushing Hostess, so I was confused. Plus, our consumables guy is super knowledgeable about how things run (a bit lax on the outdate stuff, admittedly, but honestly he has way too much work and couldn't possibly do everything our store asks him to do), so I couldn't fathom him having wrong info when it came to vendors- especially since he's the one who always deals with them.

That makes sense though. Seems like a weird process/inefficient, but I'm glad I'm not imagining things :p

Whew- thanks. I thought I was imagining things at first. I knew I'd seen vendors messing with the Hostess stuff, but after targetflowslave's comment I started thinking back to my Flow shifts, and I did remember pushing Hostess, so I was confused. Plus, our consumables guy is super knowledgeable about how things run (a bit lax on the outdate stuff, admittedly, but honestly he has way too much work and couldn't possibly do everything our store asks him to do), so I couldn't fathom him having wrong info when it came to vendors- especially since he's the one who always deals with them.

That makes sense though. Seems like a weird process/inefficient, but I'm glad I'm not imagining things :p
It may be a vendor similar to girahdelli/mars/cosmetics, where they just have some random person they hire to drop in on occasion. Hostess however is store responsibility and since it is right there in vendor product, people forget.

We once had all three soda vendors in at the same time one morning, and one accidentally knocked something off another vendor's pallet and then left instead of cleaning it up. Our ETL-LOG walks by and sees the growning puddle of soda on the floor and asks the vendor whos pallet is came off of if he needed to know where we keep our cleaning supplies. The vendor just goes "oh I didn't spill that" and continues whatever he was doing.

I'm standing at the SFS workstation on the other side of the steel and I can practically see the veins popping out of my ETL's head. But the mess is getting bigger, so he goes and tosses some spill magic on it and starts cleaning it up. The vendor now steps back out of the way and just stands there while the ETL is cleaning it up and he just suddenly loses his shit and goes off on the guy. "YOU KNOW, YOU ARE A GUEST IN MY STORE AND I DONT GIVE A SHIT IF YOU MADE THIS MESS OR NOT!! IF YOU SEE A MESS, YOU NEED TO CLEAN IT THE FUCK UP YOURSELF!! SHOW SOME FUCKING MANNERS WHILE YOU ARE IN MY STORE TRYING TO SELL YOUR PRODUCT!!"

The vendor now starts yelling back about how he isn't cleaning up other people's messes and he doesn't work for Target, and the ETL threatens to take ALL of this vendor's products off the floor and call this guys boss to tell him why we no longer want to sell their products.

He didn't actually remove any product from the sales floor but we got a new vendor rep in the next week.

Wow seriously? What a fucking idiot. I'd say most vendors in my store are very nice people

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back