Archived Video games scanning as buy one get two free

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a guest come in earlier and knew about some supposed promo where if you buy one game you get two free. Sure enough we scanned some with the my device and that's what it came up as. Doesn't ring up at the register but it does in the my device.

How does it ring up on the POS? Buy 2 get 1? Buy 1 get 1?

On the my device it comes up as buy one get two free. On the register no promo comes up. No idea how she knew about the glitch on the my device but she did. We gave her one promo deal but she wanted hundreds of dollars worth.
Come to find out she hit up the target a couple miles away and made off with 900 dollars worth of video games.

I saw that via the my device the other day and I saw it wasn't just games that could be the free items either some were headphones and other game accesories. luckily we looked into some of the free items and we had none on them in stock. video game wise we have way to many so we be glad to get rid of some esp ones that just won't go away example any sports game dated 2013 or before.

Y'all don't read mysupport do you? It's only for NOF non carry forward games. But they have to be NOF and not carry forward for all stores. So it is a thing but only for certain games.

Y'all don't read mysupport do you? It's only for NOF non carry forward games. But they have to be NOF and not carry forward for all stores. So it is a thing but only for certain games.

If they're NOF, then they're not going to ring up on the register at all unless you SIM them. Or did you mean NOP?

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

It would make sense if it was for PS3/360 games since that generation is now essentially dead and wont sell well. Idk what else to say

Mostly old games. I didn't care, I was glad to rid of them. Also, all my video games out on the floor, too.

If they're NOF, then they're not going to ring up on the register at all unless you SIM them. Or did you mean NOP?

Sorry, I couldn't resist.
Yes yes I did mean NOP. My bad.

MySupport article said it was only for games on the NOP video game pog. If it is not on that pog, it is not participating in the promotion.

Some accessories are attached to that pog

I love that HQ is helping us sell through very old product. But how can we or a guest till which titles are part of the promo? There needs to be something we can put on each game.

I love that HQ is helping us sell through very old product. But how can we or a guest till which titles are part of the promo? There needs to be something we can put on each game.

What my store would do, and we do this for most D-code video games, is use BCODE to print a UPC w/price label, and put a grey or red dot on that when a sale arises. Then, we could tell guests "if it has a red dot, it's on sale." Wasn't the prettiest, but it worked.

They should just clearance it all out (all the old stuff that has been sitting around for ages.)
They have been pretty good about doing that recently with those clearance bin promotions. We have had large amounts of discontinued D207 items go clearance then eventually salvage in the past 5 months. We reduced the amount of D207 discontinued items in my store by 75% at least. It has been wonderful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back