Archived 'Visual Merchandiser' - Shift

Status
Not open for further replies.

thatguyattarget

SFS/OPU Master
I tried to search, but couldn't find - sorry if this has been posted.

So, for the week after next, I have 3 shifts scheduled as "Visual Merchandiser" - I'm usually Hardlines. The shift is 6:30a-10:30a. No idea what this shift entails, anyone know? I talked with a coworker tonight and he said he had it as well. But, he has one where he closes at midnight and then has to come back at 6:30a. He thinks that's against some labor rules or something, that you need at least 8 hours between shifts or something.

Anyway, anyone know what this shift entails?

Find out who your store's VMTL is & let them know you'll have a few shifts with them.
They should be able to give you an idea of the area you'll be working.

Several years ago they made a point of not scheduling shifts within eight hours of each other but it was never a labor law.
Now they simply don't care.

A store w/o a CA is a store adrift in a storm.

It's not.

Several years ago they made a point of not scheduling shifts within eight hours of each other but it was never a labor law.
Now they simply don't care.

Yeah, what I thought. I was just like... "okay"... I just think he didn't want to leave work at midnight then come back at 630am. Hell, I wouldn't, not for $10/hr and for a 4-hour shift.

AFAIK, we don't have a VMTL yet. My friend is still doing the interviews (passed TL & ETL, onto STL & DTL) in my store for the position, so, if not with the VMTL, then with whom?

I just checked my schedule for the week of the 11/15, I have 4 of these shifts again but 4-8am, I remember at orientation they said overnight gets $1/hr more. Does this count? Probably not.

I'm scheduled 4-8am on 11/15 and on 11/14, 630-1030a but in between I'm going to Disneyland for my best friend's birthday. This'll be fun. I'll be a zombie with hurting feet on Sunday. Oh, joy!

Your store probably already got the payroll for the vml but hasn't filled the position. They're making use of the payroll until they get it filled. Once your vml starts you shouldn't see those shifts anymore unless you're doing something with them.

Most stores paid you the difference by coming in before 5:30am. You will get it till 8am. The red thing, I am not sure.

Supposedly the store number is highlighted red when you're scheduled for an area other than your active workcenter.

That being said, I don't trust it

The red store number means it is for a workcenter outside of the job code that you are keyed as in the system... Or if you are scheduled at another store.

Mine was red for ages because I was doing SFS but was keyed as Backroom. The second schedule after Flexible Fulfilment became an actual workcenter, my HRTM moved me to Fulfillment TM and all my shifts showed up as plain black.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back