Archived VM TL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeaa, a bunch of the quotes they tweeted today caused eyerolls for me.

I'm following that little meeting on twitter and this tweet is exactly why they're hesitant to hire internally:

.@Target hiring visual merch experts from top retailers to help bring to life style and home trends. – SVP Stacia Andersen #FNW2015
Target News on Twitter

If they hire mostly internals they can't say anything about fresh takes from top retail experts.

Screw them very much.
They have no idea who they have working for them and haven't bothered to ask.
That's what happens when you assume all the people in red shirts are disposable.

Top visual merchandisers from other stores? Really? Does anyone with half a brain really think for one minute any of the twits that they are interviewing for this position from Macys etc are putting their "own" ideas in the displays? They are simply following the planograms that their merchandising dept at their headquarters has handed down. JUST LIKE OURS. They could actually make that claim if they were headhunting the other companies actual merchandising designers.

They're really taking it seriously lol. They have a flip book that you have five minutes to look at and you have to choose five things that you'd do to make the 5 pictures that you were just showed better than they already are. You have to pass the flip book test before the STL starts her interview with you and it's after your first interview. I'm not sure what happens next just giving up to date info on what I'm going through right now.

I know I'll probably sound like the bad guy when I ask this....but would anybody be this upset if it was an N05 or N07 payrate instead of an N17?? Lol

Idk what any of those payrate codes mean lol. If n07 is more than tm and means benefits and no lod responsibilities, then I'd still be annoyed.

I know I'll probably sound like the bad guy when I ask this....but would anybody be this upset if it was an N05 or N07 payrate instead of an N17?? Lol
I would not give a flying fuck if it was N07. $.25 more per hour? No thank you.

Or etl-hr for the day tried to talk about this today and our current hiring needs with the lod, who is my pptl. It was hilarious. Trying to discuss without me hearing while in the same aisle for 4x4....

...and who the fuck thinks the industry's best will jump ship to target for this? These are the industry's least loyal. And they are unlikely to last here after they see what they signed up for.

I would not give a flying fuck if it was N07. $.25 more per hour? No thank you.
Lol no, what I'm saying is, I think ppl are more upset about the humongous pay raise that the new position is getting. But would you really care this much if it was just 25 cent more instead of 7-8$ more?

I think it's going to be annoying when you have TMs & TLs who are already doing this job training the new VML. I'm not good enough for this position, but I'm sure I'll be good enough to teach them how to dress the mannequins or use the steamer. I do the VA for softlines. I always have to make visual merchandising calls when we don't have product or the wrong fixtures.

Do I think this position should exist? Yes. Do I think they should make more than a TL? No.

I think it's going to be annoying when you have TMs & TLs who are already doing this job training the new VML. I'm not good enough for this position, but I'm sure I'll be good enough to teach them how to dress the mannequins or use the steamer. I do the VA for softlines. I always have to make visual merchandising calls when we don't have product or the wrong fixtures.

Do I think this position should exist? Yes. Do I think they should make more than a TL? No.

TBH, if they are responsible for ALL the adjacencies,, mannequin updates, and home updates, they deserve that pay.. if they really do all of it on their own. That's a lot of responsibility in itself. However, chances will be that the SL/SF TLs will still need to help out with most of these tasks, which is my issue with the paygrades bc they are getting higher pay for doing the same job.

TBH, if they are responsible for ALL the adjacencies,, mannequin updates, and home updates, they deserve that pay.. if they really do all of it on their own. That's a lot of responsibility in itself. However, chances will be that the SL/SF TLs will still need to help out with most of these tasks, which is my issue with the paygrades bc they are getting higher pay for doing the same job.
They will have a small team supposedly but it still is quite a big area to maintain; only advantage that the VML will have is the lack of LOD shifts compared to a Sr.TL.

My store doesn't have the home innovation update. So they would have a few tables to worry about as far as hardlines in my store. As far as softlines, I do the adjacency and mannequins and I have someone help with POGs. It is a lot of work! But me nor the TL who helps me can even be considered for to position, so it's just a little frustrating. Especially because I get more than half my hours from doing it.

My store doesn't have the home innovation update. So they would have a few tables to worry about as far as hardlines in my store. As far as softlines, I do the adjacency and mannequins and I have someone help with POGs. It is a lot of work! But me nor the TL who helps me can even be considered for to position, so it's just a little frustrating. Especially because I get more than half my hours from doing it.
Worse case if they do it the way corporate wants maybe you can go into one of the brand team member roles related to the visual merchandising side of things. Assuming your store does it the way its written out. Sucks that your store isn't considering internal candidates at all.

I don't think that they'll be pulling hours from different depts. I think that they'll have their own pool of hours to pull from. I think it'll be better because there will be more coverage on the floor now.....if it works out right.

I don't think that they'll be pulling hours from different depts. I think that they'll have their own pool of hours to pull from. I think it'll be better because there will be more coverage on the floor now.....if it works out right.
I really hope so as otherwise stores that already have barely any floor coverage is going to be even more starved for hours now >_>.
I hope the company is really going to take this rollout seriously and not just shift coverage from the floor to this department instead.

Wow seems to me the PPTL oversees all of that now and insures it all gets done. Plus makes sure the entire store is set, signed and priced correctly. We should all be a pg 17 with no key.

Wow seems to me the PPTL oversees all of that now and insures it all gets done. Plus makes sure the entire store is set, signed and priced correctly. We should all be a pg 17 with no key.
PPTL does all the Hardlines/Grocery POGs and some of Infant Hardlines. The visual Adjancencies/Mannequins currently fall under the SLTLs and MBTMs that are under them.

PPTL does all the Hardlines/Grocery POGs and some of Infant Hardlines. The visual Adjancencies/Mannequins currently fall under the SLTLs and MBTMs that are under them.
The problem is it seems like the VML will have the same amount of responsibility as a PPTL but the PPTL is a regular TL or a SR who also has LOD shifts. At my store as the PPTL I don't do the adjacencies or mannequins but I do follow up with the TL to make sure her workload is being done and will be completed on time. I run 2 teams, a signing TM, and an ad prep TM, follow up on HL and SL workload making sure they have plans in place and checking in with them daily, make sure D-code is being worked out of the backroom since the SF TL's and BR TL don't, and have LOD shifts. This new position is in charge of adjacencies and mannequins and in some stores the Home Innovation. We don't have a home innovation so what else will this TL do that they are going to be paid as much as I am?

The problem is it seems like the VML will have the same amount of responsibility as a PPTL but the PPTL is a regular TL or a SR who also has LOD shifts. At my store as the PPTL I don't do the adjacencies or mannequins but I do follow up with the TL to make sure her workload is being done and will be completed on time. I run 2 teams, a signing TM, and an ad prep TM, follow up on HL and SL workload making sure they have plans in place and checking in with them daily, make sure D-code is being worked out of the backroom since the SF TL's and BR TL don't, and have LOD shifts. This new position is in charge of adjacencies and mannequins and in some stores the Home Innovation. We don't have a home innovation so what else will this TL do that they are going to be paid as much as I am?
Probably a few hardlines departments shifted from one of the other salesfloor team leads to make up for the lack of Home Innovation is my assumption. Main focus then would be the visual softlines areas and mannequins with an lesser focus on those other areas. I agree its overpaid but its so they can attract that "talent" from the outside of the company. Its not meant to be an internal promotion or that's what the big wigs are making it seem like.

Not In my store, I oversee it all. The brand team members come to me with any problems. I let the HR know how many hours they get. Plus I use plano hours to set all MMB. We also set all sales planners. We set the ad every Sunday I rotate the price and plano team With one electronics and one softlines team member. I guess each store runs things a little different.

Exactly my point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back