Archived VM TL

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had an hr tm print out the core roles and all that jazz. It only asks for 2 years of experience lol. And a degree is "desired", but not minimum requirements. I need to know wtf pg 17 is though because based on what I saw on a few sites about the average pay for vm at other companies, I assumed no one with 10 years experience and an fit degree would even want that job.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nope, your ETL's probably are not giving her the run around.... There are some serious requirements when it comes to the Vml position. Very Very Strict as far as qualifications and experience. I just sent Three VML's to the DTL for an Interview and she felt only one was really qualified, out of all three. The one that the DTL liked had 10 years of Visual Merchandising experience, she worked at JcPennies, Macy's and Pandora.... She went to the F.I.T. for college...

Very Very serious requirements.....
They are going to have one hell of a hard time filling this position across all 1800 stores if they are looking for that kind of experience.

New member here but want to follow this topic...my wife just applied for this position at 2 of the stores in our area. One is listing starting pay at $ 16.25/hour+ based on experience (was listed on Craigslist which was sort of surprising - seem to want to fill the role quickly as they got back to her within half a day of submitting resume, etc.)

That is a pretty good wage for a VM but not unreasonable (especially for anyone with experience). My wife has most recently 1 1/2 years direct VM experience in furniture/home accents and before that 10+ years working for a corporate furniture retailer in a variety of roles including setting up furniture market shows/displays (basically given a lot of latitude in how all of the various furniture groups should look and be accessorized).

Hoping it works out for her...we enjoy shopping at Target!

Thanks for the welcome Hardlines...

One quick question - does anyone know how interviewing for a position such as this works? She has an in-store interview already scheduled for next week...at another store an ETL (Executive Team Lead - recruiting/staffing) has contacted my wife but they haven't been able to get together yet.

Does each store do their own interviewing? What happens if she applied for the same position at 2 stores? (There's also a 3rd not too far away that she tried to apply to but the website doesn't seem to allow her to go and apply at another location)...

Just to clarify - we live in downtown Minneapolis, pretty close to HQ (about 8-9 blocks away)...I can actually look out my home office window and see Target Field lol. So there's a ton of Target stores in the area where this position is starting to appear...

@Barcode, we need some insight here, please.
TL interviews typically start with ETL, then STL, and then DTL. That was how they handled things around here anyway -- and the Nicollet store is in our district so it should be something along those lines for @LazarusLong

I've heard in person from several TL's though that they didn't have to interview with the DTL, or it was a phone interview.

Which is absolute crap. Take the BTS results this year and double the negatives, after more people quit over this crap.

There is nothing in target that requires that kind of experience. I don't care what it's written as. This is not Macy's, Filenes or Lord& Taylor. We don't sell merchandise that's expensive enough to justify it. A wise mentor once told me a secret: you don't have to know about the product to merchandise it. Just a method to follow and some business psychology.

I dont disagree with you.... However this is the way the company is moving. I think it is great, but it definitely has its pit falls. I am not saying that Internal Applicants shouldn't be considered, but there also has to be other reasons that there not being considered. Have they shown there talent? I had a Team Member that I wanted to take the position, All she does is set adjacencies and re-merchandise and has shown significant style, but she didn't want the position. They are looking for someone who is not "Targettized" to bring inside perspective into what we can do as a retailer..

Not sure if this needs to be moved to a different section, but does anyone know how you can apply to another store location that has the position listed? Tried to do it online and it says:

You've completed an application and all questionnaries within the last 60 days.

You will be contacted by HR when a position becomes available.

Internal candidates should be given an equal opportunity to show their "stuff". To state upfront that they are searching for "outside candidates first" is bullshit.

So where exactly are they opening this new position? A City Target in my area has opened it but my store which is humongous hasn't. What are the requirements for a store to be given this new role?

Not sure if this needs to be moved to a different section, but does anyone know how you can apply to another store location that has the position listed? Tried to do it online and it says:

You've completed an application and all questionnaries within the last 60 days.

You will be contacted by HR when a position becomes available.
If you are working spot. Apply using ehr, instead. Better chance of getting a callback.

If you are working spot. Apply using ehr, instead. Better chance of getting a callback.
That is the prompt you will get as a internal applicant if you recently (60 days) applied for a position already. HR of the store you applied at has to release the application first.

Just heard this is going to be a position for all mannequins stores.

This seems like a slap in the face to all the hard working pptls.

What about to all PAs...at least the ones who had to pick up the slack of losing the CTL position. You think my TL or ETL I report to has any impact or helps at all in Market/Pfresh with anything..that would be a big fat no. And what did we get for having the CTL position entirely cut. Less hours and not a cent of pay higher.

I understand that the margin on food is not that high and target probably doesnt make all that much revenue on food, but that is probably one area that needs the most attention and if they dont want to give it the attention it needs honestly they should just gut it and expand softlines

What about to all PAs...at least the ones who had to pick up the slack of losing the CTL position. You think my TL or ETL I report to has any impact or helps at all in Market/Pfresh with anything..that would be a big fat no. And what did we get for having the CTL position entirely cut. Less hours and not a cent of pay higher
We have no ctl, either. The burden is put on the pa's. It makes me sad.:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back