Archived VM TL

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the company conference call last week for Dls it was officially stated the vmls are not to work on pogs- in an innovation store its 60- r0 home rtw- the opposite for non home innovation

Notes on this I know were distributed to the stores in my district- the e- mail on the notes was also forwarded to me

They will walk every week with sl and etl offer up suggestions- and plan their week on mannequin changes- directing and teaching brand leadsvand flow team flexing open spaces and creating " trend moments" on end walls

What the frick is that?? We don't have ANY displays in the cases. That went away YEARS ago! They are covered with white frost now.
Store nearest me has always had cases, filled. They are high theft and have two TPS despite being ULV to out LV.

Notes on this I know were distributed to the stores in my district- the e- mail on the notes was also forwarded to me

Wish I could get a hand on those notes. I keep telling my store that is what is expected and they keep telling me I'm stupid and every store is different and I don't know what I'm talking about. Meanwhile our softlines department is spiraling further into red scores every week. We are getting a new ETL-GE soon though so maybe they will.put a stop to the shenanigans

Me, a brand tm, a flow chick, and the VML are working overnight though to reset an adjacency and push some of the backstock since our softlines TL just can't cut it.

image.jpeg image.jpeg
I wish I had the home innovation remodel. We are supposed to get it in about a year. For now I focus on the focals, end caps, and front of the trend runs on the racetrack. Also, I spend a lot of time in soft lines.. I swear there is just too much product/ too few racks and fixtures. It's difficult to make it look nice when there's 4 sweaters on one arm!

@VML22: Nice. Compact impact.
Love the Starbucks basket on the first one.
@Ladida0905: you should work with your VMTL to see if you can spread some of your extras around.

I mean...best practice specifically states not to merchandise the way we've been seeing. There's a 70+ page guide for home innovation stores of what to do and what not to do. Displays should still be shoppable (ie. a sellable end table shouldn't have a picture frame and candle on top of it). There should be sufficient stock of anything merchandised on flats. Target has very specific standards for VIAs, bookcases, and vignettes which are very different from trend runs and focals. The pictures of everyone's furniture focals look great, but it's completely against best practice.

This is a prime example of a rollout that could've been executed better.
... yeah that's what I was thinking. Thus my question. I haven't done anything like this at my store.. while I like it it isn't very shopable according to guideline . It would give the customers a do not touch sort of vibe . And the merchandise doesn't seem to be nearby so it can be easily shopped

I heard that my vml's vmml or whatever it's called said she should only be discussing 25% of her time in sl. She only is supposed to be doing mannequins, all c9... And something else. But I believe she does get a say in what things we should be doing in order to maintain the visual appeal of sl.

But that was hearsay so it could've been a misinterpretation of the actual message.
I encourage you all to go to workbench and read the new information they've released on the position.. it really clears up a ton of confusion . We own brand areas.. meaning beauty, accessories, home, SEASONAL PTM only, shoes, and mannequins. Visual adjacancies do still fall under the softlines team lead... however the vml should dress and audit the mannequins. It should be a partnership .. but in no way will the vml completely take that responsibility . AlsoI was told by the hr vp that the MBTM are now officially style team. They are under the vml while of course softlines team members are still under the softlines tl. It's best practice for the them to be on alternate weekends so they can partner and pick up the "slack" from each other if need be; although softlines is only maybe 30% of the job .

My store is keeping my vml out of seasonal. We are having a flow person ptm back there when the time arises. She does go back there and makes sure the trees stay decorated and the tree flat stays looking nice but she doesn't ptm the whole thing. That would be a waste of time and would consume ALL of her 40 hours almost. Instead she assists with the softlines VA in place of that. Me and her did the men's adjacency in like 2 hours.

I think ive unofficially became a part of the style team for 4th quarter. I just worked with my VML the past 2 days zoning and flexing focals and setting parts of the adjacency for softlines that haven't been done yet.

I encourage you all to go to workbench and read the new information they've released on the position.. it really clears up a ton of confusion . We own brand areas.. meaning beauty, accessories, home, SEASONAL PTM only, shoes, and mannequins. Visual adjacancies do still fall under the softlines team lead... however the vml should dress and audit the mannequins. It should be a partnership .. but in no way will the vml completely take that responsibility . AlsoI was told by the hr vp that the MBTM are now officially style team. They are under the vml while of course softlines team members are still under the softlines tl. It's best practice for the them to be on alternate weekends so they can partner and pick up the "slack" from each other if need be; although softlines is only maybe 30% of the job .
If you could tell me what to search to find that info that would be great. I'm having a hard time finding it. Oh, and there's no way my VML will be doing shoes. She might make sure theres displays out, facing the correct way, and tied.. boot inserts are in.. but she's not going to zone or ptm shoes. Isn't that what the softlines brand position is for?

I'll be taking some pictures to show off what I did to my furniture displays. They refused to give me the position in the high volume store in my area... compensated by offering me a GSA role instead to increase my leadership skills.

I'm so pissed they took the sl va off this positions core roles. We're now going to continue to be screwed with the sltl pretending to do it. If we ever get a vml....

I think ive unofficially became a part of the style team for 4th quarter. I just worked with my VML the past 2 days zoning and flexing focals and setting parts of the adjacency for softlines that haven't been done yet.

If you could tell me what to search to find that info that would be great. I'm having a hard time finding it. Oh, and there's no way my VML will be doing shoes. She might make sure theres displays out, facing the correct way, and tied.. boot inserts are in.. but she's not going to zone or ptm shoes. Isn't that what the softlines brand position is for?

Go to workbench and search style team. And yes, in a perfect world MBTM would zone/fix shoes. Not holding my breath.. hours are a little sparse right now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back