Archived VM

Status
Not open for further replies.
So my store just got a N15 VM position open again, not sure if the VM is leaving (not VMTL, VM)
but i was wondering if anyone could answer me a few things

-The life of a VM (not VMTL)
-Would i apply through eHR for this?
-Would i be able to do this about part time (20-30 hours) if my leadership knows I'm a hard worker?

Well a vm is a vmtl at a lower volume store. Same duties one just has a team and the other is the team.

Not to be a downer but you have little chance of getting it. You have to have merchandising experience outside of Target. I have seen top softlines brand team members (who work under the vm) turned down for the position so I find it hard to imagine they would hire an electronics team member for it.

While I don't doubt your leadership likes you I imagine they would have concerns about how unsettled you sometimes come across. One second you want to be an etl, then hr, law enforcement, costco and now a vm.

I think you need to set your eyes on something and DO IT. Don't always be the person talking about how you're going to do this or that but end up always in the same place. Respectfully...

Last edited:
So my store just got a N15 VM position open again, not sure if the VM is leaving (not VMTL, VM)
but i was wondering if anyone could answer me a few things

-The life of a VM (not VMTL)
-Would i apply through eHR for this?
-Would i be able to do this about part time (20-30 hours) if my leadership knows I'm a hard worker?

The girl that beat me for the position is always extremely stressed. She only gets 8 hours to do everything and 80% of the time is by herself. Not allowed to work the truck. Its a non TL position so she still has to report to her TL.

There's no way you can do it Part Time.

Think about what you truely want to do with Target and focus on that one thing. I want to be a TL but I wont settle for any work center even after asking why I didn't apply.

If your truly interested in VM, Id ask of you can work along the VM and learn the basics. Then if anything changes where you can be full time then apply for any openings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back