Archived VML position - Inside of store

Status
Not open for further replies.

thatguyattarget

SFS/OPU Master
So we have an opening for a VML position at my store. My friend applied, he has 7 years of retail experience, all clothing, and he got called in for an interview. He's wondering what to expect for the interview. I'm almost sure it's not the same for regular TMs. Also, should he mention that he knows me? Also, when the HRTL called him, she gave him lip about his about his availability. He put open, because technicality, he would be if he got the job, but right now he has another job, which he put on the online application. And for the interview, he had to move things around (job-wise) to get it to work. I mean... is that normal for HR to give lip about availability when you have a job when you CAN be available 24/7 when you leave that job?

Thanks.

Last edited:
SORRY---if a mod can change the title..."inside" instead of "outside"

There is a thread called VMTL. It covers most of these questions.

If they ask if he knows anyone, he should be honest. If they find out later he was lying, that will hurt his chances of getting hired.

Thanks @Hardlinesmaster! I'm feeling a little lazy :)

I forgot to mention @thatguyattarget, they will ask your friend about his availability. He should tell them that he plans on putting his two weeks in if hired by Target. I don't see this being a problem.

Also, when the HRTL called him, she gave him lip about his about his availability. He put open, because technicality, he would be if he got the job, but right now he has another job, which he put on the online application.

It's a pet peeve of most HRTMs/HRTLs/ETL-HRs. When they see an application, it says open, but they really aren't.

But with the VMTL position, Target isn't going to want somebody that is currently out of work. They want to snipe somebody who is currently successful at what they do

So I think it's just HR venting about a common problem that doesn't exactly apply to this niche position.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back