• Start date
  • Replies 9
  • Views 4K
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Barcode

HR question here.

So I'm on a CCA for performance & attendance (grouped under the same category), and I have a one month critical period. I'm quitting soon anyways so I don't really care, but I DID have a question.

So in order for me to get fired, I would have to violate the critical period, RECEIVE the final warning notice, and then screw up again. Correct?

What if I fill out my voluntary termination form and turn it in, can they invol. terminate me during my 2 weeks notice abruptly, or would they still have to follow protocol with CCA?

Thanks!

Hey Annie, imz needs a little help here. At my store, my mgt would take the form & show you the door.

if they term you abruptly, you could get unemployment (after fighting them, of course. it would just be a phone hearing.)
but be careful how you violate the critical period. all they would have to do is say you were being insubordinate for not picking up a piece of paper off the floor or some such nonsense to tack on another cca and boot you. either way, once you're gone (and who would ever come back), it won't follow you because of the no references policies.

Hardlinesmaster is correct I believe- I think once you give two weeks, they aren't going to pursue any other CCA

Also, since you've turned in your notice, you wouldn't be getting unemployment, because you already said you're quitting before they fire you. I am thrilled you were able to get out. You deserve so much better.

Thanks Annie I figured. But if I'm ejected during my 2weeks is my termination still voluntary on my terms? Sounds like they're going to let me worK it though.

First, Corrective Action performance is not the same as attendance. Yes, you have a one month critical period, but if you commit any other infractions, you can be given another corrective action up to and including termination. Generally speaking, if you are termed versus give notice, you likely will be eligible for unemployment. The only way to get unemployment if you quit is if you can prove your work conditions were so cruel and difficult, that you had to quit. If you don't really care, then what does it matter if you quit or your terminated? Also, even if you give notice, your termination reason and rehireable status can still be determined by your HR team, which means you may be labeled as Non Rehireable even if you give notice. These are things you can best get answered by speaking to your HR team. Also, I don't believe it's policy to "show you the door" just for giving your notice. If they do, I would request to see if your remaining 2 weeks of scheduled shifts be paid. Since it sounds like they are going to let you work out the final 2 weeks, if you are "ejected" it means INvoluntary termination, NOT voluntary.
HR question here.

So I'm on a CCA for performance & attendance (grouped under the same category), and I have a one month critical period. I'm quitting soon anyways so I don't really care, but I DID have a question.

So in order for me to get fired, I would have to violate the critical period, RECEIVE the final warning notice, and then screw up again. Correct?

What if I fill out my voluntary termination form and turn it in, can they invol. terminate me during my 2 weeks notice abruptly, or would they still have to follow protocol with CCA?

Thanks!

But since I already filed termination they couldn't term me again?

It's all based on Date, if you give a two week notice your termination is on that last day of the 14th day. If they for some reason fire you before that, that date is your effective termination date. Therefore, in retrospect you didn't work a two week notice. They wouldn't term you twice, only once, the last day of your notice or before if they choose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back