Archived WA store getting rid of vests?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve been at Target for awhile, but through the years I’ve been given free tee shirts advertising free shipping or the cartwheel or the red card, etc...

Does that not happen at most stores?

If getting rid of vests, might be nice for them to pass out red shirts to everyone. It would at least solve the problem of someone not having a shirt.

And I live in a state where we bring our own uniforms. But several times I’ve witnessed our HR ETL buy a TM a pair of khakis or a shirt. Someone genuinely hard up, of course.
I’ve bought some stuff for TMs in need before, both financial need or ‘I just ripped my pants on a pallet’ trying not to cry need lol.

Back in 1990 when they mandated red and khaki. They gave us uniform choices on the cheap- straight leg, polyester pants with no pockets and a low end cotton blend polo for a five dollar deposit each. ( minimum wage was $4.10 then ) If you left or got your own clothes your could return the clothes for your deposit. Providing a uniform doesn’t mean you’d want to wear it. You can wear jeans now and a close to red comfortable shirt can be easily purchased with your pay from that orientation.

I’ve been at Target for awhile, but through the years I’ve been given free tee shirts advertising free shipping or the cartwheel or the red card, etc...

If getting rid of vests, might be nice for them to pass out red shirts to everyone. It would at least solve the problem of someone not having a shirt.

And I live in a state where we bring our own uniforms. But several times I’ve witnessed our HR ETL buy a TM a pair of khakis or a shirt. Someone genuinely hard up, of course.

I can only speak for my store but back when I was in HR, my team was ok with requisitioning a red shirt and/or khaki pants for TMs if they really needed it. We also gave out a free red Target logo t-shirt to TMs if they were interested in wearing it. Vests were also an option.

Red shirts tend to turn up in the breakroom free when someone decides they don't need them anymore. I haven't had to buy a new red shirt in 2 years

Back in the day, once a month you would have 40% off 1 red and 1 khaki item for team members. We carried Cherokee jeans at that time and they wore like iron. I wouldn't pay $1 for the crappy clothes they carry now.

A while back the Softlines ETL started discounting red/khaki 50% off on payday for her team. We (as in the whole ETL team) thought she'd cleared it with the STL and saw no reason to question it since she'd been there the longest. We allowed all TMs to get the same discount. It was fine until people started taking advantage of it and we had service desk TMs doing shady stuff like buying their clothes at regular price, waiting until someone left their register logged in on payday, and then "returning", adjusting prices, etc. and re-buying it. That's when my STL got involved and we found out he had no idea that she'd been doing this discount. At this point she'd since finished her rotation and transferred to a different store, so he couldn't be mad at her. I remember being pissed off since he placed the blame on me for whatever reason and told me I should've run it by him first, as if I was the one who started the discount and as if I was the only ETL aware of it.

Are we sure this isn’t just a clothing swap? You bring the stuff you don’t want and grab another team members stuff they don’t want.

My store has done these in the past.

Back in 1990 when they mandated red and khaki. They gave us uniform choices on the cheap- straight leg, polyester pants with no pockets and a low end cotton blend polo for a five dollar deposit each. ( minimum wage was $4.10 then ) If you left or got your own clothes your could return the clothes for your deposit. Providing a uniform doesn’t mean you’d want to wear it. You can wear jeans now and a close to red comfortable shirt can be easily purchased with your pay from that orientation.
What was it like before 1990?

No cause it costs the store money to buy those shirts. I can tell you how many free shirts I got in a five year stretch. Zero. That was how many they gave away, zero.

No cause it costs the store money to buy those shirts. I can tell you how many free shirts I got in a five year stretch. Zero. That was how many they gave away, zero.

Those shirts are sent to the store from corporate so it's not costing the stores anything. I don't know what your ETLs are doing with the shirts if they're not giving them out. I tried to get rid of them as quickly as possible, otherwise they'd sit around my office.

Those shirts are sent to the store from corporate so it's not costing the stores anything. I don't know what your ETLs are doing with the shirts if they're not giving them out. I tried to get rid of them as quickly as possible, otherwise they'd sit around my office.

Giving them to friends?

Why is buying red and khaki so difficult in WA and CA? Lol I wish I could've been a fly on the wall when the unions lobbied for this law (don't get me wrong, I'm not anti union).

You know going into this job the colors we wear.

Actually the black SFS ones cost money cause we were never sent them in the first place. The others they sit in the storage closet and are only given to the ETL pets, I guess when you eat that much shit you can't help but get some on your shirt.

I am being a little salty, after three straight weekends of NCNS's and no help from the LOD who just shrugged her shoulders and told me to figure it out, then has the gall to complain about goal times when they refuse to cover my breaks/lunch so you never catch up.. "Why are you missing so many goal times, why haven't you caught up yet?" Yet when other departments need coverage the phones blow the fuck up but ours? Crickets..

Why is buying red and khaki so difficult in WA and CA? Lol I wish I could've been a fly on the wall when the unions lobbied for this law (don't get me wrong, I'm not anti union).

You know going into this job the colors we wear.

It's not that it is difficult to buy them.
It's that most people don't have them as part of their regular wardrobe.
The laws (California and some major cities have them too) are written so that if a company is making you wear something that you wouldn't ordinarily wear than they have to pay for it because that makes it a uniform.
If you have to have a uniform then the company has to provide it.

It's not that it is difficult to buy them.
It's that most people don't have them as part of their regular wardrobe.
The laws (California and some major cities have them too) are written so that if a company is making you wear something that you wouldn't ordinarily wear than they have to pay for it because that makes it a uniform.
If you have to have a uniform then the company has to provide it.

Most people don't own a red shirt?

Actually the black SFS ones cost money cause we were never sent them in the first place. The others they sit in the storage closet and are only given to the ETL pets, I guess when you eat that much shit you can't help but get some on your shirt.

If they were never sent in the first place all your ETLs had to was submit a mysupport and they would've been sent out cost free. If that still didn't work they may have been available on SAP, which technically yes it costs the store money but no one cares enough for that to be enough of a deterrent to stop them from ordering if they wanted to. The ETLs do not care. A pallet of bags cost $1K and you have to order those weekly. You think they care if they spend a couple hundred on some shirts?? That's drops in a bucket to them.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

If they were never sent in the first place all your ETLs had to was submit a mysupport and they would've been sent out cost free. If that still didn't work they may have been available on SAP, which technically yes it costs the store money but no one cares enough for that to be enough of a deterrent to stop them from ordering if they wanted to. The ETLs do not care. A pallet of bags cost $1K and you have to order those weekly. You think they care if they spend a couple hundred on some shirts?? That's drops in a bucket to them.

Oh they cared for some reason when did order them on SAP. We got told never to do that again. Cause in my travels that was better than MySupport which is about as useless as tits on a bull.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back