Archived Wage increases to $15 hour!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy Shikees! :)
Thinking this might make sticking around a little while longer worth it.

As someone who used to work in a 15 dollar min wage store be warned if you are already over it you will not get a raise at all. (Some exceptions for new TLs under the new TL base)

Also if you are a cashier who makes 13.50 and your current minimum is 10. You will get a raise to 15 not a raise to 18.50.

Jesus Fucking Christ.

I'm in my 4th year and I only make 10.82.

Goddamn.

So does this mean that in 2020 someone who is just starting out and someone who has been there for over 10 years could be making the same amount? :mad:

Thats how it happened at our store, our county raised the min wag to $11.25 and a ton of tm's quit because guys who had been there a couple of months or weeks were now making close to our even the same as tms who had been there a long time.

As someone who used to work in a 15 dollar min wage store be warned if you are already over it you will not get a raise at all. (Some exceptions for new TLs under the new TL base)

Also if you are a cashier who makes 13.50 and your current minimum is 10. You will get a raise to 15 not a raise to 18.50.

Not entirely true, every time the base has gone up a lot of TMs have been given bumps to keep them above the minimum.

The strife that happened was nasty when people walking in the door made more than veterans who had worked for years. I am pissy when I have to teach ETLs, but a newbie who makes more than I do who I will be in charge of? Yeah no.

The one thing I learned and remember from my business management class over a decade ago: when you treat a bozo like a rockstar, it deflates the rockstar.

This is what pisses me off every time they raise the minimum wage. It fucks over everyone who has put in the time and EARNED those wages. It gives them the message they are not worth anything or are worth less now.

Sure, Spot will say they are looking to stay competitive and keep quality workers, but what really happens is they end up hiring idiots, paying them way too much for the lack of skill they tend to have, and then wondering why their veteran employees jump ship.

Paygrades won't make any difference correct? Since N03 will be starting $15 if you are N09 you won't be getting like $15.75?

Remember that while this increase is well needed and I am happy for it, its not as altruistic as it might sound.

By 2020, all stores should be converted to a full E2E process and therefore the most common denominator for pay is an N7, not an N3. Most of your TMs will be Flow TMs who can do SF/GE tasks throughout the day. This means that the base pay for them would be $11 + $2 (Shift Diff + Log Pay), or $13. So their plan to increase everyone to $15 (while an investment) is going to be 2 more bucks an hour over the next 2-3 years because the TMs expectations will be vastly different.

To me, this is them telling us how they are dealing with the change in expectations vs pay (for example, that SL currently has to do flow's work plus their own, but is paid like a normal SFTM)

Okay but the cashier who works GS and functions as a GSA but isn't actually one and is thus paid as a cashier will still be N3, bottom of the barrel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back