Archived Wage increases to $15 hour!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I’m currently a Logistics TM, and I make a $11 base pay, will I now be getting $12?

If I’m currently a Logistics TM, and I make a $11 base pay, will I now be getting $12?

Depends on your position if you are a receiver it's one dollar over base. If you are flow or backroom it's only 50 cents so probably 11.50.

Ask your HR. 11 is an odd base pay for a log position

What I'm really interested in seeing is how Target is going to explain what will happen to veteran TMs. My guess is that they'll do their best to ignore the issue and hope that it goes away.

They won't say a word. And they don't have to. Wages are not discussed en masse. That's why they will pull each team member getting a raise into the office and tell them individually

Depends on your position if you are a receiver it's one dollar over base. If you are flow or backroom it's only 50 cents so probably 11.50.

Ask your HR. 11 is an odd base pay for a log position

What the usual base pay for logistics?

I do Instocks, Backroom, and SFS. Was hired at $11

What the usual base pay for logistics?

I do Instocks, Backroom, and SFS. Was hired at $11

It's usually 50 cents over base. So if your base is 10 it's 10.50.

I don't recall if sfs is n7 or n9

Eh. I'm annoyed but I'm not mad. I think raising pay is good, but the way target does it is annoying. I just got a raise last month (move to Starbucks took me to 11.05) and it's going to be like it never happened now. Since target is moving base and this isn't about the law, I'm assuming they'll be moving paygrades accordingly but still.

I read everywhere on here that Target is supposed to pay over minimum wage but I make minimum wage

If you live somewhere where the legal min is higher than 10, then that won't be the case. Most places are below 10 so it's true for most people

So you do your job well? What sets you apart you apart from everyone else that does your job well? Why should you be promoted over someone doing the same job as you, just as well? Captaining something can be seen as a trial for taking on more responsibility. Should the TM interested in development get paid more because they're being developed?
Should a flow team member that's picked up hours on the sales floor be paid less for that time because sales floor is a lower pay grade? Pay is equal to work done, right?
If they pick up a couple hours they won't get paid less since they worked most shifts in log. If they are working the majority in cashier, yes they should get paid less they aren't working in the higher paying work center. This is target pay is equal to what you can pry out of their hands. Otherwise every hard worker would get a top tier raise each year.

Consider yourself lucky. I have one of those ETLs that finds one TL and gives everything to him/her. I have every captainship besides one. I'm constantly toying with overtime, because of this.

If they don't consider you for a promotion they'll understand their bad choice when they hear rumors of you leaving. They'll bend over backwards to keep you. Happens all the time.

OT: I also heard that Target pays a certain amount over min wage, but here I think they actually pay min wage. Used to be that way before it started going up every year, now they pay exactly min wage.
Yeah nope. I've continued to apply for better positions as long as I've been here. It shakes them up when I come in dressed nice wearing makeup, or ask to leave early/ come in late and the explanation is I've got an interview but at the end of the day it means nothing. I work 42-48 hrs each week. Minimum. "If I want to be developed I have to find the time they won't come to me" but I got called more than the stl during the 15 min conversation to give me the corrective action. And they've been overheard telling the dtl there is nobody even remotely worth developing let alone promoting. Despite being told I interviewed well when I applied without permission. They only care about the people they already care about. Its like mean girls in real life.

Given the information you gave me, I'll say they just don't want you to get the spot. Time to stop killing yourself for them.
Unfortunately if I don't continue at the same pace I get spoken to about not fulfilling my responsibilities. They have no concept of what my job actually requires versus what I do to cover for a useless and lazy pptl.

The new minimum wage for you then would be 11.50
So you do your job well? What sets you apart you apart from everyone else that does your job well? Why should you be promoted over someone doing the same job as you, just as well? Captaining something can be seen as a trial for taking on more responsibility. Should the TM interested in development get paid more because they're being developed?
Should a flow team member that's picked up hours on the sales floor be paid less for that time because sales floor is a lower pay grade? Pay is equal to work done, right?

Yes.

That's not even very contentious. Like if you are actually promoted you'd be moved up a paygrade during that training. If a TM has worked there for 3 years, why do you need a trial period to promote them? You should be able to know by then what they can handle. It's just a way for them to keep wages down because they can, but its not very ethical.

Yes.

That's not even very contentious. Like if you are actually promoted you'd be moved up a paygrade during that training. If a TM has worked there for 3 years, why do you need a trial period to promote them? You should be able to know by then what they can handle. It's just a way for them to keep wages down because they can, but its not very ethical.
If you are being developed its usually because you don't actually have the skills to handle tl but the potential is there. Its also meant to be the track to get benched which gets you automatic front of line for the next tl spot. So not exactly a bad gig unless they are only carrot dangling. Most people I've seen developed were 3 months or less. It takes them longer to change your job code here when switching departments.

What I'm wondering about this is how will they implement it for existing TM's? Because I'm wondering if the new hires start at the new base pay and the TMs stay at their existing wage and then move up to base pay come review time.

The one thing I learned and remember from my business management class over a decade ago: when you treat a bozo like a rockstar, it deflates the rockstar.

This is what pisses me off every time they raise the minimum wage. It fucks over everyone who has put in the time and EARNED those wages. It gives them the message they are not worth anything or are worth less now.

Sure, Spot will say they are looking to stay competitive and keep quality workers, but what really happens is they end up hiring idiots, paying them way too much for the lack of skill they tend to have, and then wondering why their veteran employees jump ship.
I'm still getting more than I would be otherwise, so I'm happy.

The one thing I learned and remember from my business management class over a decade ago: when you treat a bozo like a rockstar, it deflates the rockstar.

This is what pisses me off every time they raise the minimum wage. It fucks over everyone who has put in the time and EARNED those wages. It gives them the message they are not worth anything or are worth less now.

Sure, Spot will say they are looking to stay competitive and keep quality workers, but what really happens is they end up hiring idiots, paying them way too much for the lack of skill they tend to have, and then wondering why their veteran employees jump ship.

Yes! It's taken me 10 years to get close to $15 an hour. Now all that will be wiped away. It's extremely demoralizing, and devalues the raises I've earned through hard work

Last edited:
I’m making $12.87 right now which includes the $1 Overnight differential...so I’m guessing no raise for me Lol

What I'm wondering about this is how will they implement it for existing TM's? Because I'm wondering if the new hires start at the new base pay and the TMs stay at their existing wage and then move up to base pay come review time.

As mentioned above it starts in October not during reviews

TargetWageInfographic.gif

If someone isn't willing to take on a little more responsibility, I'm not going to help them promote.
I take ownership of the SFS process at my store, and I'm happy to do it because it makes it easier for me to do a good job. But I feel like if you assign a title to it, leadership will forget that you are still a TM and hold you to the standards of a TL when things go wrong. It irks me when they try to hold me responsible for our overall flexible fulfillment scores. I am more than willing to sit down and dive into the reports to see who is causing the problems (it's not me), and I'll speak to how I do my part to keep the scores up. But I don't want to get called into the office and get talked to for things I can't control. I can't coach TMs or tell them they're doing their job wrong. That's what TLs are paid to do.

Start rate increases influenced my choice to quit Spot in the first place. When every raise I earned gets wiped out what is my motivation to stay?

Now I’m reapplying. What’s wrong with me? Target is like a drug habit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back