Waiting for Target

Hi, so 2 weeks ago I got my second interview at Target with the store director and he told me that HR should contact me to schedule a third interview. I applied for Merchandise Team Leader. I have been calling and they told me that they still waiting for HR because they have other interviews going on, but this is the third week waiting for my third interview. So somebody can tell me whats going on becuase it seems to me insane three interviews.

I once waited five months for an interview, but not with Target (it was for a federal govt job). I forgot I applied for it.

They'll call when/if they call. If you are tired of waiting, look elsewhere.

I once waited five months for an interview, but not with Target (it was for a federal govt job). I forgot I applied for it.

They'll call when/if they call. If you are tired of waiting, look elsewhere.

Yeah federal jobs are the worse.
We have people lined up for jobs and even with us pushing things through the process can takes months.
Background checks and having like one person in Texas someplace to process all the paperwork, it's the worst.

Hi, so 2 weeks ago I got my second interview at Target with the store director and he told me that HR should contact me to schedule a third interview. I applied for Merchandise Team Leader. I have been calling and they told me that they still waiting for HR because they have other interviews going on, but this is the third week waiting for my third interview. So somebody can tell me whats going on becuase it seems to me insane three interviews.
Who exactly are you supposed to be interviewing with for your third interview? Usually, in our store the final interview is done with the SD.

My store only had two interviews - the team lead and the assistant manager of the front end. I was offered a job the day of my interview. Having to supposedly wait around for HR doesn't add up, especially as they don't get final say in whether you're hired or not.

The HR Mgr does not make the call. They are directed by the SD and set up the interviews. We have a new SETL and they interviewed with the ETL-GE and the SD.
I think he means HRBP. We sometimes have ours do leader interviews.

I understand that. I wasn't applying for TL, though. I'm just saying it took the two interviews and they were quick, and I was offered a position on the spot.
Bevauee it’s not multiple people interviewing for 1 spot so they can offer on the spot. As for OP I imagine they’re pursuing other options and leaving you on the back burner in case nothing better comes up. Shitty reality but it happens a lot

Sadly seems common for the hiring process to be super slow.
I interviewed last month, was told I'd receive an email and orientation would likely be the following week.

15 days later I finally actually received the email, announcing orientation would be another 7 days after that.

Sadly seems common for the hiring process to be super slow.
I interviewed last month, was told I'd receive an email and orientation would likely be the following week.

15 days later I finally actually received the email, announcing orientation would be another 7 days after that.
Sometimes if you don’t apply when a lot of people are they drag it out to fill an orientation instead of have a bunch with 1 person

Sometimes if you don’t apply when a lot of people are they drag it out to fill an orientation instead of have a bunch with 1 person

That wasn't the main problem. The ETL that interviewed me went on vacation and left no notes about my interview, when I called a week later HR told me it looked like I no-showed my interview. Luckily when said ETL returned she remembered interviewing me and acknowledged that I'd showed up and that she intended to offer me the position.

That wasn't the main problem. The ETL that interviewed me went on vacation and left no notes about my interview, when I called a week later HR told me it looked like I no-showed my interview. Luckily when said ETL returned she remembered interviewing me and acknowledged that I'd showed up and that she intended to offer me the position.
Wow, I know managers are busy but that is bad. They are messing around with someone's potential livelihood. That's not cool.

Still not super impressed. When I applied the listed position was not seasonal, the job offer they sent me is seasonal. I worked at the store years ago, and know that when I worked there before that any competent seasonal hire was typically kept, so not too fussed there since I am all but certain I can turn a seasonal position into a permanent one. The only real downside of it being classed as seasonal is they will probably limit me to one workcenter while listed as seasonal, whereas I used to work all over the store as a means of getting more hours.

Back when I was a GSA at the store I'd be scheduled as Cash Office, GSA, Cashier, Food Ave, Cart Attendant, and Flexible Fulfillment, I liked that (except for the cart attendant part anyway) because it insured I got more hours than other employees, and also meant I wasn't doing the same thing every day.

Still not super impressed. When I applied the listed position was not seasonal, the job offer they sent me is seasonal. I worked at the store years ago, and know that when I worked there before that any competent seasonal hire was typically kept, so not too fussed there since I am all but certain I can turn a seasonal position into a permanent one. The only real downside of it being classed as seasonal is they will probably limit me to one workcenter while listed as seasonal, whereas I used to work all over the store as a means of getting more hours.

Back when I was a GSA at the store I'd be scheduled as Cash Office, GSA, Cashier, Food Ave, Cart Attendant, and Flexible Fulfillment, I liked that (except for the cart attendant part anyway) because it insured I got more hours than other employees, and also meant I wasn't doing the same thing every day.
With modernization you work one area only. There is no cross training anymore.

Back