Archived Walked past flow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Worst team at my store is instocks. We have like 4 too many people on the team and they still can't get it done.

Haha damn!!!! If theyre anything like my store they're pushing stuff out so fast that they're leaving/hiding sealed boxes scattered throughout the store for us to find during zone and have to unpack for them.

Worst team at my store is instocks. We have like 4 too many people on the team and they still can't get it done.
I've been to a few stores where I have had to retrain instocks teams. It's sad that such an important team is so overlooked. If you have a great instocks team, it can honestly turn your store.

I've worked at several stores under dozens of different leadership teams and have never seen an effective flow team. I have seen some team members be effective, but never the team as a whole. It is a blackhole for payroll. No matter how much is dumped into it they can't get the job done or if they do get it done it is so inaccurate as to be useless.

My current logistics team lead tells flow they "don't have time to FIFO."

I have slow people pushing the pfresh truck and I have fast ones ,,, that's what makes a team.
I always say "As long as they are working and moving then leave them be."
Now if they are hanging out in the bathroom on the phone that's a different story.

I will say plenty of TMs on many flow teams are slow. I will say that many Flow TLs and especially ETL-LOGs try to get into the "no breaks till you die" mentality.

But to bash flow as a whole is like bashing the whole Plano team for incorrect capacities. Not all people on a team are going to work the same.

Maybe your stores have a bad flow team, ours aren't the best in the world, but we've got a few workhorses that aren't in a team lead spot.

How many of you who are bashing have worked flow?

I will say plenty of TMs on many flow teams are slow. I will say that many Flow TLs and especially ETL-LOGs try to get into the "no breaks till you die" mentality.

But to bash flow as a whole is like bashing the whole Plano team for incorrect capacities. Not all people on a team are going to work the same.

Maybe your stores have a bad flow team, ours aren't the best in the world, but we've got a few workhorses that aren't in a team lead spot.

I have. Many times. Heck I've trained people for flow.

We used to be 70/30 good to bad. We're inverse from that now. And nobody had been truthful with some of them so they think they are great when in reality we keep them because they were willing to come in at 4am.

They are at the mercy of leadership. Good leadership that knows how to use them, they can be great but most don't. We had one STL who refused to use us as the good workers we are. We were scheduled as CAF pushers nothing more for about 4 months. Cause he believed that the overnight process was more than enough to fill the floor. Fired cause the store looked like shit and the DTL came to us and asked why our top 5 team was now bleeding out. When he found out how we were being used and the store in the toilet dude was gone.

I've been called In early just to help the flow team many times and show up and others have been called in too right along with me

They are at the mercy of leadership. Good leadership that knows how to use them, they can be great but most don't. We had one STL who refused to use us as the good workers we are. We were scheduled as CAF pushers nothing more for about 4 months. Cause he believed that the overnight process was more than enough to fill the floor. Fired cause the store looked like shit and the DTL came to us and asked why our top 5 team was now bleeding out. When he found out how we were being used and the store in the toilet dude was gone.
What an idiot STL good riddance lol. My instocks team just sucks though. They have 6 people scanning from 8am to 11am. I think that's enough time.

I think it's a combo of them not getting rid of the people that don't have work ethic along with crappy hours so the moral is down but yeah if stores have bad flow teams they gotta get rid of the bad seeds.

What an idiot STL good riddance lol. My instocks team just sucks though. They have 6 people scanning from 8am to 11am. I think that's enough time.

2 ½ people(half cause he covers breaks for the receiver) and still cover a big store.. Six people? I wouldn't know what to do with that many bodies.

The slowest flow Tm still does more work than the average front-end Tm lmao

I have several questions.. lol

Our flow team is always moving, but when we stand still it's because we're working a box.
Whats the matter? you need coffee!?
forgetaboutit

whenever i get in, im always told to go to a certain area to help flow out... then expected to get my research and rigs done on time, pulled, and pushed as well. oh hey you can do that all in four hours right? no? well do it anyways. never mind that we have a bunch of flow people staying longer to push something that should've been done, you aren't allotted anymore time, that doesn't apply to you.

Haha so true. I was just talking to my instocks guy about this yesterday. Flow can go as slow as they want when they get rewarded more hours and get to stay. Hours always divert to flow because truck has to be done.

The slowest flow Tm still does more work than the average front-end Tm lmao
I'm not on either team but that's a shitty comparison. Of course flow does more manual work, because that's their job. I could say the worst cashier makes more guests smile and sign up for redcards in a day then the best flow TM, but I wouldnt...because those comparisons are stupid.

I'm not on either team but that's a shitty comparison. Of course flow does more manual work, because that's their job. I could say the worst cashier makes more guests smile and sign up for redcards in a day then the best flow TM, but I wouldnt...because those comparisons are stupid.
No it isn't. The flow tms that back up at my store make more guest smile by getting their items out and not beating them down with recard speeches

You have MORE than 4 TMs on your instocks team? We have one instocks TM who scans (or skips) the task list, puts grey dots on outs in random aisles (without bothering to scan), and then works pulls.

I've worked flow and bash them occasionally. A lot of the new hires have zero concept of working quickly or accurately.

Most of what I see the second shift team do when I come in is stand around and chat. Annoys me when 11pm comes around, and they just walk away from all the re-shop carriages.

Oooo, I'm so aggravated with hours at my store. They've shortened all overnight shifts on an average of an hour and half, and give every member who works on the floor 3 days. They give the back room team 4 to 5 days, and they'll bring a couple members of the back room onto the floor to help. Doesn't help that they kept 4 seasonal hires, and one goes to his truck on break to smoke pot. The entire night he shuffles like he's a zombie, and barely does any work. They should have never kept him on.

Thread successfully derailed.
Eh :p

I'd also like to say that I'm tempted to grab and chuck the phone of the next team member who's texting while on the clock. As much as I enjoy having my phone, they've become a plague on the productivity of certain individuals.

i have never ever seen so many of you hate - ing on your fellow team mates !!!

me being the queen of memes ...... so i just had to post this meme to you all ...

1458512_1111238335564365_5126033987262275105_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back