Archived Walked past flow

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a saying that applies to my store. No one has seniority, but certain people have señority. If you speak Spanish, you're practically immune to getting talked to about your actions.

At some point you cant even blame the tm any more. IF they are allowed to continue doing things improperly then guess what ? they will keep right on doing it. At some point it becomes a leadership issue / . IF someone is not doing their job then follow the steps and get them out of there. Hold them accountable etc. If they are not pushing correctly, then SHOW them how to do it correctly then from that point on they know what to expect and what you expect. Don't just say here is a box cutter and this is how you read a shelf label and throw them out there...no wonder you are seeing and getting mixed results. Target is reaping the seeds it sowed when it stopped training people the way they used to. Lastly, lazy people are in all work centers not just flow.

At some point you cant even blame the tm any more. IF they are allowed to continue doing things improperly then guess what ? they will keep right on doing it. At some point it becomes a leadership issue / . IF someone is not doing their job then follow the steps and get them out of there. Hold them accountable etc. If they are not pushing correctly, then SHOW them how to do it correctly then from that point on they know what to expect and what you expect. Don't just say here is a box cutter and this is how you read a shelf label and throw them out there...no wonder you are seeing and getting mixed results. Target is reaping the seeds it sowed when it stopped training people the way they used to. Lastly, lazy people are in all work centers not just flow.
This. Thank heavens it finally caught up to my stl. I'm hoping it gets his butt canned.

The fact is that every team has bottom performers. But when your team is 20-40 people large (flow), it becomes very easy to pick out a small team of slow pokes and say "the whole team is worthless." When in reality its maybe 20% slow joes, just like every other team. Flow is an easy scapegoat.
ot beating them down with recard speeches
AKA: Working.

Last edited:
What an idiot STL good riddance lol. My instocks team just sucks though. They have 6 people scanning from 8am to 11am. I think that's enough time.

my god i wish we had that many people working four hour shifts... the store would be filled always, the trucks would constantly be 2000+ trucks... hell i'd be happy with 2 people on for 8 hours. i've asked numerous times if we can at least have two days a week where we have two people on for 8 hours, and always get denied.... but whenever there is a visit from dtl or higher, EVERYONE WORK HARDER!!! FILL THE FLOOR!!!! OH NOSSSSSSSSSSSS. just give us a few more hours and we will fill your floor.

You have MORE than 4 TMs on your instocks team? We have one instocks TM who scans (or skips) the task list, puts grey dots on outs in random aisles (without bothering to scan), and then works pulls.
lol right? im just now getting a fourth person after having three for the longest time... and even with four im assuming that other tm's are just going to get their hours cut lol

I don't buy into the whole every team has slow workers mantra. If a team has slow workers, that doesn't make their laziness acceptable. I rag on my store's flow team. I rag on all the flow teams of nearby stores. They're ineffective, and have witnessed their failures time and time again. Not only are they slow, they can't grasp the simplest concepts of FIFOing, putting product where it belongs, and getting pallets off the floor before the store opens. Logistics at Target seriously needs to be looked at, all the way from distribution down to bulk stocking.

No it isn't. The flow tms that back up at my store make more guest smile by getting their items out and not beating them down with recard speeches
Your flow team backs up?! That's a god damn miracle! My store has 6 flow team members stocking check lanes and not one of them will back up with the crappiest excuse ever "my numbers don't work" well they don't work because when we switched from overnight to a 4am process (5 years ago I might add) they didn't train any of them as cashiers and none of the new hires get trained either. It is crap because they have the most team members there from 8-12pm and none of them help the sales floor who has one person till 12

lol right? im just now getting a fourth person after having three for the longest time... and even with four im assuming that other tm's are just going to get their hours cut lol
We have two plus the tl, and one who splits between instocks and cosmetics. One mostly does rigs then backstocks dry grocery all morning then helps with research push. One does rigs and research, but may also get pulled to push truck or pull cafs or research. The tl plays in steel trying to force everyone to push transition. Then plays with the item merge reports. I believe I'm the only other person trained to do instocks in the store, even including tls.

My store has 6 flow team members stocking check lanes

What are SIX (6) Flow TM's stocking at CL?????? :eek:

My team pushes Playground only, ONE (1) TM. Anything else for CL, is dropped off for CL to push McCLanes or 2nd LOC's for SPP, movies, what ever it all gets dropped off for CL to push. Cashiers/GSA/GS can push that stuff during lulls.

It is crap because they have the most team members there from 8-12pm and none of them help the sales floor who has one person till 12

Cashiers need to step up their game when its busy! Lack of a sense of urgency because you will just hit that button, whine to the GSA/GSTL to call for it on the radio... Nope... You need to pick it up when it gets busy.. then you call for help.

POG has 5 people who ALL can cashier, all with radios, PC is down to 1 here now, them too, SO thats 6 other TM's who can respond.. HAVE RADIOS and should be responding, but don't.

We have a job to do too. It is not spending hours backing up CL because you have cashiers who move like a glacier, no wait the glacier actually moves faster! I go up there to reclaim my TM's and see R & Y scores for transactions and overall scores, :mad: you will have to make do with your 1-2 cashiers, grab the SL girl, and the elect TM, and maybe there is a HL TM, and the GS, and FA can all back up FIRST, then if you are so overwhelmed I can send Flow... but this whole scheme to make Flow the SF... not happening. Since no more than 3 of my team has a radio now, and of that only 1 could cashier if they had to... out of 28 on the team only 9 can. And the rest would not want to, nor would you want them to either.

We do not train Flow newbs on cashier, never have. The only reason some of the newer, last few years, have it is they wanted to get more hours, and thus trained in many other areas.

Supporting the team, is not my problem. It is my team being used for cashiers who are not being held to the standard of checking out I was when I learned to cashier... Former GSTL who trained me.. would flip out if they knew the scores up there. And you hit that button and were moving like some sloth.. they would come and tell you to pick it up!

Guests just want to pay and get out! They don't want to be harassed about RC, or how they are, or what ever... One of the biggest offenders of this whole crossing the boundaries of conversations with guest has finally quit... Every time I heard them talk to a guest I just wanted to wretch... just totally inappropriate in my opinion. Hi how are you, good, great.. all while scanning and bagging, and thats $102.30 today...moving on to the next guest...... Fast, AND Friendly When cashiers get this part down, then they can have backup! I think the next management meeting its time to throw down on the slacker GSTL's up there...

Speed is Life in more than just Flow!

Yeah, my main problem with our Overnight Logistics process is that they completely disregard capacity and even locations. The biggest problem areas are Domestics and Cosmetics, where they can and will stuff as much as can possibly fit. The plastic storage aisle is a nightmare. Almost every single day, someone will zone that aisle and we'll get anywhere between 2-3 vehicles of Plastic backstock because it is literally filled the the brim, and if they have any left over and no more will fit in that spot, it'll just get shoved in next to it or somewhere else in the aisle. That's the most extreme example, but it happens almost everywhere in the store to varying degrees.

That, and there are one or two overnight Backroom TMs who completely disregard fillgroups. I found toys in SNCK the other day. Yet somehow, we're number 1 in the group for BRLA. I don't even.

My team pushes Playground only, ONE (1) TM. Anything else for CL, is dropped off for CL to push McCLanes or 2nd LOC's for SPP, movies, what ever it all gets dropped off for CL to push. Cashiers/GSA/GS can push that stuff during lulls.

Cashiers need to step up their game when its busy! Lack of a sense of urgency because you will just hit that button, whine to the GSA/GSTL to call for it on the radio... Nope... You need to pick it up when it gets busy.. then you call for help.

POG has 5 people who ALL can cashier, all with radios, PC is down to 1 here now, them too, SO thats 6 other TM's who can respond.. HAVE RADIOS and should be responding, but don't.

We have a job to do too. It is not spending hours backing up CL because you have cashiers who move like a glacier, no wait the glacier actually moves faster! I go up there to reclaim my TM's and see R & Y scores for transactions and overall scores, :mad: you will have to make do with your 1-2 cashiers, grab the SL girl, and the elect TM, and maybe there is a HL TM, and the GS, and FA can all back up FIRST, then if you are so overwhelmed I can send Flow... but this whole scheme to make Flow the SF... not happening. Since no more than 3 of my team has a radio now, and of that only 1 could cashier if they had to... out of 28 on the team only 9 can. And the rest would not want to, nor would you want them to either.

We do not train Flow newbs on cashier, never have. The only reason some of the newer, last few years, have it is they wanted to get more hours, and thus trained in many other areas.

Supporting the team, is not my problem. It is my team being used for cashiers who are not being held to the standard of checking out I was when I learned to cashier... Former GSTL who trained me.. would flip out if they knew the scores up there. And you hit that button and were moving like some sloth.. they would come and tell you to pick it up!

Guests just want to pay and get out! They don't want to be harassed about RC, or how they are, or what ever... One of the biggest offenders of this whole crossing the boundaries of conversations with guest has finally quit... Every time I heard them talk to a guest I just wanted to wretch... just totally inappropriate in my opinion. Hi how are you, good, great.. all while scanning and bagging, and thats $102.30 today...moving on to the next guest...... Fast, AND Friendly When cashiers get this part down, then they can have backup! I think the next management meeting its time to throw down on the slacker GSTL's up there...

It's a little difficult to tell the cashiers to pick up their speed when they are the only one scheduled up there until 11am. They don't have any hours either and no sales floor because they have to do the 7 carts of reshop and run the overflowing fitting room. No electronics tm til 9:30. I feel it is a little unjust for you to ask my Plano team who is rarely near the front end to back up when there is 6 flow team members pushing mini, Mclane, and dollar which is all right next to the check lanes. When it comes to guest perception it looks pretty awful if they call for backups and there is 6 team members in red and khaki standing right there. They don't know that they have some magical power that enables them to not be a regular team member and not back up. I get that everyone has a job to do in a short amount of time but I have always believed that if everyone helps out then you will get off the lanes faster. Instead of one person helping and then they are now stuckc there for an hour trying to get the fuck off. And my Plano team may not back up a lot but at least we are there to help guests when the flow team (whose entire job is to stock the floor) doesn't know where we keep luggage....

Supporting the team is every tm job. A guest doesn't walk into a store and see Susie plano tm, Jack the flow tm, or Besty the etl or stl...they see a red shirt . Someone to help them get out of the store asap. Guests can be a pain in the butt but without them none of us would have a job. So, yes supporting the team ( team as a whole includes front end) is every ones job.

Your flow team backs up?! That's a god damn miracle! My store has 6 flow team members stocking check lanes and not one of them will back up with the crappiest excuse ever "my numbers don't work" well they don't work because when we switched from overnight to a 4am process (5 years ago I might add) they didn't train any of them as cashiers and none of the new hires get trained either. It is crap because they have the most team members there from 8-12pm and none of them help the sales floor who has one person till 12
Most people in logistics are in logistics because they didn't want to cashier that or didn't understand what job they signed up for. Actually now that i think about it, more the latter than the former. Only people on flow that back up in my store only back up electronics, in reality they are extra electronics TMs in pushing sales, fetching stuff from the back etc, outside of adset and gobacks.

You act like its the cashiers fault there's only 2 and 15 guests meanwhile people are backing up guest service because that line is out the door and they only scheduled 1 TM on the floor.. It has nothing to do with cashier speed, I has everything to do with lack of hours and team members physically there and the flow teams never responding to back up.

OK.... now you kicked the beehive... :mad: :mad:

Maybe YOUR FLOW team is slow, stands around, etc... I can assure you mine does not! And this is one of my most huge peeves in the world.

Nobody is standing around, nor are they taking a leisurely jaunt from area to area.. or 4-5 TM working a reshop cart, or flat or tub of freight... Not happening here... again maybe YOUR FLOW team sucks...

I do not tolerate the "Bash Flow Culture" that permeates this site, or TGT in general. You know what skippy... I can do the SAME THING... pick a team...

POG, IS, BR, GS, Cashiers, CA, SF... take your pick... oh do tell us more ....

Ok.. for examples:

POG - 4-5+ TM in a aisle ALL WITH mytoys AND PDA's! NO sense of urgency to complete workloads for the day or the week. oh well, let it slide, hopefully maybe SF will have time to finish things...

GS - Oh... don't get me started... dumping garbage, YES GARBAGE in the cart for market reshop. Oh and just because its food doesn't make it Market! Lets see Lemonheads X4!! Thats YOUR AREA! Oh... Reeses Egg Cups.. MINI! NOT MARKET!

Cashiers - NO SENSE of URGENCY what so ever! R & Y scores all over the screens, and hitting that (*^&^$%^&% button for fast service. NO We are NOT SENDING any of my team up for that till you PICK IT UP A NOTCH or 10!

I could go on for each of the other areas... but this doesn't make it any better... I try to instill to my team to rise up above this nonsense.. and it is tough to do..my team grins and bears it and takes it on the chin for A LOT OF CRAP from SF and elsewhere...

You are more likely to get run over and flattened or fold or hung on z-rack by my team! Don't get in their way! My team hustles! They have to ! Cut hours, larger trucks, MORE PUSH, MORE AUTOFILLS! Come clean every day...tick tick tick here I come...
My pog team has 3 people including myself who work with a sense of urgency. One person doesn't, maybe because she's been there the longest, or because she knows we three others can pick up her slack. My TL is a sr so he has to LOD morning and sometimes LOD close. He's a veteran at target but he also picks easy pogs for himself and takes forever, and usually we end up finishing it for him. We also are a low A store but in a good area of population growth. Not a super t, so we pull our own pogs. Usually myself or one other because we know locu and help the br increase their accuracy. In turn we get help from br tl and log ETL help with pushing on big sets even on non flow days. I like my store, we support each other pretty well. Sales floor at my store seems to be the problem workcentre. We do our part to help but as a specialty position we do have our workload to complete in a timely manner :)

Flow is transitioning to 4am in a couple weeks at my store. Since a lot of the old flow team is leaving, I wonder if they are gonna train the people they plan to hire on the register. I mean they will be in the store til 12pm... :rolleyes:

I'm just tired of people shitting on flow when it's them that keeps the process running.

Your store would close down without the flow team and while they often overpush bulk items in the wrong spot. It's usually the case that the emtpy item is out. Items don't sell from the back. This is what a lot of Etl log and flow tms stress. If you have four towels and an empty spot for that towel, push it all. No guess is going to see one extra towel and decid to leave.

Flow is transitioning to 4am in a couple weeks at my store. Since a lot of the old flow team is leaving, I wonder if they are gonna train the people they plan to hire on the register. I mean they will be in the store til 12pm... :rolleyes:
Haha good luck with that.

Haha good luck with that.
All I know is that, as we are super short on equipment right now, it's about to get way worse. I'm pretty sure flow is hoarding the PDA batteries. It's bad enough that they hide PDA's. We have to hide the gun we use for SFS which isn't even a SFS gun. Those are floating around the store somewhere, like the SFS walkies.

All I know is that, as we are super short on equipment right now, it's about to get way worse. I'm pretty sure flow is hoarding the PDA batteries. It's bad enough that they hide PDA's. We have to hide the gun we use for SFS which isn't even a SFS gun. Those are floating around the store somewhere, like the SFS walkies.
Serious equipment control needs to happen. Talk to your mgt about it.

Serious equipment control needs to happen. Talk to your mgt about it.
It's been attempted a few times but it just seems to stop after a couple weeks. They would see who was logged into a PDA/mydevice last and used to lock the equipment cabinet. This has happened twice now. Once when there were a bunch of missing mydevices. And another time for PDA's. It's a problem when an ETL needs to hunt down a PDA for a BR TM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back