Archived Walked past flow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Walked past 6 flow tms four hours after they were supposed to be gone and theyre all huddled around a single shopping cart of repack items that is almost empty... And we wonder why there are no hours....

Most days during the week the morning teams have to help push freight to help Flow. I look at how fast we work compared to Flow and no wonder they can't come close to coming clean. What incentive do they have to work quickly if they know if they don't, others will come behind them to clean up. And, they still can't come clean even with us helping to push 2, 3, or 4 pallets. When I started on Flow, lo those many years ago, it was made clear to us that no one was going to help us and it was up to us to come clean every night. And, we did.

Ugh. There are some flow TMs I see daily, just sitting. On the base deck of an endcap like they're on break. For like the whole 20 mins I'm working near the area (Instocks). I know they're not on break because the flow team goes all at the same time.
I just … don't like it when people don't work

We in Instocks see all.

My favorite was two girls who in the electronics stock room pulled in a tub blocking up the entire tiny stockroom from me and another In-Stocks TM who had been in there an hour doing backstock stop dead in our tracks. Can't get around these two who proceed to stand there for 20min yapping. They shut up when they realized this very white girls speaks fluent Spanish and heard them and responded to the shade they thought I didn't understand. I ended up getting their ETL and both of us told him "Them or us, who is going home?" They got sent home. We were two hours into our shift and were that angry at these two idiots.

They both disappeared after 4th quarter and were permanent hires.. I miss that ETL..

Flow team is too active a name for flow. I'd say sloth, clog, or walkers

OK.... now you kicked the beehive... :mad: :mad:

Maybe YOUR FLOW team is slow, stands around, etc... I can assure you mine does not! And this is one of my most huge peeves in the world.

Nobody is standing around, nor are they taking a leisurely jaunt from area to area.. or 4-5 TM working a reshop cart, or flat or tub of freight... Not happening here... again maybe YOUR FLOW team sucks...

I do not tolerate the "Bash Flow Culture" that permeates this site, or TGT in general. You know what skippy... I can do the SAME THING... pick a team...

POG, IS, BR, GS, Cashiers, CA, SF... take your pick... oh do tell us more ....

Ok.. for examples:

POG - 4-5+ TM in a aisle ALL WITH mytoys AND PDA's! NO sense of urgency to complete workloads for the day or the week. oh well, let it slide, hopefully maybe SF will have time to finish things...

GS - Oh... don't get me started... dumping garbage, YES GARBAGE in the cart for market reshop. Oh and just because its food doesn't make it Market! Lets see Lemonheads X4!! Thats YOUR AREA! Oh... Reeses Egg Cups.. MINI! NOT MARKET!

Cashiers - NO SENSE of URGENCY what so ever! R & Y scores all over the screens, and hitting that (*^&^$%^&% button for fast service. NO We are NOT SENDING any of my team up for that till you PICK IT UP A NOTCH or 10!

I could go on for each of the other areas... but this doesn't make it any better... I try to instill to my team to rise up above this nonsense.. and it is tough to do..my team grins and bears it and takes it on the chin for A LOT OF CRAP from SF and elsewhere...

You are more likely to get run over and flattened or fold or hung on z-rack by my team! Don't get in their way! My team hustles! They have to ! Cut hours, larger trucks, MORE PUSH, MORE AUTOFILLS! Come clean every day...tick tick tick here I come...

Maybe YOUR FLOW team is slow, stands around, etc... I can assure you mine does not! And this is one of my most huge peeves in the world.

Nobody is standing around, nor are they taking a leisurely jaunt from area to area.. or 4-5 TM working a reshop cart, or flat or tub of freight... Not happening here... again maybe YOUR FLOW team sucks...

I do not tolerate the "Bash Flow Culture" that permeates this site, or TGT in general. You know what skippy... I can do the SAME THING... pick a team...

Ok.. for examples:

POG - 4-5+ TM in a aisle ALL WITH mytoys AND PDA's! NO sense of urgency to complete workloads for the day or the week. oh well, let it slide, hopefully maybe SF will have time to finish things...

GS - Oh... don't get me started... dumping garbage, YES GARBAGE in the cart for market reshop. Oh and just because its food doesn't make it Market! Lets see Lemonheads X4!! Thats YOUR AREA! Oh... Reeses Egg Cups.. MINI! NOT MARKET!

Cashiers - NO SENSE of URGENCY what so ever! R & Y scores all over the screens, and hitting that (*^&^$%^&% button for fast service. NO We are NOT SENDING any of my team up for that till you PICK IT UP A NOTCH or 10!

I could go on for each of the other areas... but this doesn't make it any better... I try to instill to my team to rise up above this nonsense.. and it is tough to do..my team grins and bears it and takes it on the chin for A LOT OF CRAP from SF and elsewhere...

You are more likely to get run over and flattened or fold or hung on z-rack by my team! Don't get in their way! My team hustles! They have to ! Cut hours, larger trucks, MORE PUSH, MORE AUTOFILLS! Come clean every day...tick tick tick here I come...

200_s.gif

Ok.. for examples:

Judging by how you post, you and your team probably are slow. Master of Slow

Ok.. for examples:

Do you just like hearing yourself talk? I'm reaaaaal confused as to why you are trying to make a site of anonymous people care.

Whoa, I don't understand the negative reaction to @MasterofLOG . He obviously cares and his team is motivated & takes alot of criticism anyway. ASANTS right? I wish I was in a team where teams were run with a "Speed is life" attitude like it used to be.
"Please do not reply to me "ASANTS," I am aware of that... That phrase is a KEY part of the TGT's problms! And plainly if you are doing it different than mine, and I don't like it, you are doing it WRONG!" is his signature :rolleyes:

Whoa, I don't understand the negative reaction to @MasterofLOG . He obviously cares and his team is motivated & takes alot of criticism anyway. ASANTS right? I wish I was in a team where teams were run with a "Speed is life" attitude like it used to be.
It's because he's an asshole. He might be amazing at his job. For all I know, his flow team is the best in the company. But holy shit he's an asshole.

In addition to that, there's this quote:
No breaks, unless they have to take a lunch/meal. That is rule of the land. PUSH, GET OUT!

It's because he's an asshole. He might be amazing at his job. For all I know, his flow team is the best in the company. But holy shit he's an asshole.

In addition to that, there's this quote:
Also, you're on meal and try to tell a guest that? Expect to get coached! Because JEEZ 1-2 minutes to keep a guest happy when you're off the clock is NOTHING!

Only against company policy and can get you fired...

Most days during the week the morning teams have to help push freight to help Flow. I look at how fast we work compared to Flow and no wonder they can't come close to coming clean. What incentive do they have to work quickly if they know if they don't, others will come behind them to clean up. And, they still can't come clean even with us helping to push 2, 3, or 4 pallets. When I started on Flow, lo those many years ago, it was made clear to us that no one was going to help us and it was up to us to come clean every night. And, we did.

whenever i get in, im always told to go to a certain area to help flow out... then expected to get my research and rigs done on time, pulled, and pushed as well. oh hey you can do that all in four hours right? no? well do it anyways. never mind that we have a bunch of flow people staying longer to push something that should've been done, you aren't allotted anymore time, that doesn't apply to you.

Every. Single. Team. Is. Slow. I truly blame target for this. What motivation is it to the team if you go through so drastic payroll cuts and still expect to get the same amount of work done. My Plano team sucks. I have one good team member who values their job and it is wonderful. Flow has some great team members too but you have a large group within who calls in constantly and takes forever that just teaches new team members that's to be expected. Only way is to start fresh and that won't happen ever.

This quote
No breaks, unless they have to take a lunch/meal. That is rule of the land. PUSH, GET OUT!

Is a response to this quote
My ETL Log apparently thinks it can get done in 3 1/2 hours (they also get a break) though and expects them to backstock everything completely as well as do all the cardboard. Problem is we push during the 3:30-7 time period.

3.5 hours. No break. You get a break when you work 4 hours. Lunch too if you work 6.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back