Archived walkie channels

Status
Not open for further replies.
ASANTS

At my store, one was back room, two was for general communications and screaming about red cards, three was what you switched to for anything that had to last more than two sentences, four when three was too crowded, five and six is usually reserved for AP except when the ETLs decided to use it to plan lunch.

Last edited:
At my store, one was general chatter, two was backroom, three was gossip, four was private convos.
It was always fun to hear something get heated before one party would say "Go to 4"; then all the nosy nellies would switch over to 4 to catch the dirt.

At my store, the walkie channels are as follows:
1 - General communications, indymes, etc.
2 - Private channel so as to not clog up channel 1.
3 - Backroom. The backroom team is actually on 1 now, but we still use 3 for guest pull requests.
4 - Another private channel if 2 is occupied, but it's usually just the ETLs with their usual bullshittery.
5 and 6 are AP channels, and only AP walkies can access them. With the exception of one particularly AP-minded leader, only AP uses AP walkies.

1-general
2-backroom
3&4 private convo
5&6 ap, or the channel you accidentally change to when the etl-hr let's you borrow her walkie while she's at lunch...whoops

My store:
1-General conversation
2-Backroom
3-Privacy channel/long conversations
4-Other privacy channel, the "chew someone out" channel
5-AP channel. Used amongst AP to silently inform one another that the incoming conversation is "low priority" and "particularly insensitive" without saying something over the walkie.
6-AP channel. Used amongst AP to silently signify "shit's hitting the fan, be prepared" without saying something over the walkie.

At my store, NOBODY except AP uses AP walkies. Not even the STL.

My store:
1 - General
2 - Backroom/Ship from Store
3 - Things you don't want other TMs/guests to hear or just longer conversations.
4- Things you don't want other TMs/guests to hear or just longer conversations. (Used more often because it is one button away from channel 1)
5 and 6 - I assume they are used by ETL-AP to have conversations with himself (we don't have anyone else in AP and nobody uses the AP walkies).

1: to ask my department about a sale that you're going to give the guest anyways.
Ask about updates.
The operator can't let a department know they have a call because of constant chatter.
Let lod know they are going to break, lunch or clocking out.

2: backroom
If you are unable to pull something, you go to 2 to ask them to do it. I highly recommend you learn unless it's high up, you need a forklift and need them. Other than that, it's easier if you do it. Plus it saves them time to get their work done.
3:
A channel you go to, to talk about anything that is more than a sentence.
4:
A channel you go to if everyone is switching to 3.

Nothing Is Private. People go to other channels to eve's drop. It's never juicy, so don't bother.

1: Primary channel that everyone is on *including* the backroom. Our backroom is required to stay on 1.
2: Secondary channel for private conversations
3: Same as 2
4: Same as 2 & 3, but only used for special "shit's about to go down" scenarios
5 & 6: AP

1. Main channel.
2. Vastly underused longer convo channel.
3. Backroom, but I don't know why we bother because they almost never answer.
4. We usually use this one for ap/team member convos.
5,6. AP only.

1. Main
2. Backroom
3 & 4. Longer conversations
5 & 6. AP

I did support help once at a store that required their backroom to stay on channel 1 because "one team, one channel". It was awful.

I did support help once at a store that required their backroom to stay on channel 1 because "one team, one channel". It was awful.

Yeah, our backroom team was pissed when the new STL made then stay on channel 1. They don't want to hear every leader shouting about Red Cards. The reason they have to be on 1 is so they hear call buttons when they're on the floor pushing.

1. Main channel
2. Backroom
3. PMT/POG/Signing stays on this channel and quick conversations for others
4. Private conversations
5 and 6 AP

At my store channel one is the main one...channel two is for longer conversations...anything else is usually for Ap. IF I had my way I would stay on channel two all day...you can hear some interesting stuff :)

At my store channel one is the main one...channel two is for longer conversations...anything else is usually for Ap. IF I had my way I would stay on channel two all day...you can hear some interesting stuff :)
Sometimes I bump my walkie against something (usually in the overstuffed electronics BR) and it switches to 4 without my noticing. 4 is almost never used at my store because of lack of need for a second privacy channel, its become the de facto "chewing someone out" channel. I've heard some very interesting and very facepalm-y conversations on the abyss that is Channel 4.

My store:
1. Everybody
2. Long questions, discussing issue, general chatter.
3. Same as #2 if #2 is occupied
4. Same as #2 & #3 if 2 & 3 are occupied.
5. AP, STL
6. AP, STL

1. Woo hoos (for red cards or AMAZING guest service)
2. Back room
3. Conversations that last longer than woo hoo
4. Crickets

my old store

1 Woo hoos
2. Back Room
3. Cart attendants
4. Conversations that last longer than woo hoo, because it was one click away.

And FYI, there is not a single TL, STL, ETL or TM who doesn't automatically switch to the "longer conversation" channel. We all want to know what's going on.

1. General use, indymes, redcards, almost all communication
2. Backroom
3. Conversations that are more than just a quick question
4. TM to AP communication (AP carries two walkies and keeps one on channel 4)
5/6. AP to AP communications (No one but AP ever has an AP walkie)

Phones/In-Person: Private conversations (We all know there's no such thing as "private" conversations on the walkies!)

1- General
2- more in depth convo
3- Backroom
4- AP (from channel 1, TMs tells AP/TPS to go channel 4 if needed)

Borrowing a AP Walkie would never happen at my store. Big security breach.
I'd never thought about it being a different type of walkie till I went to switch from 1 to 4 and ended up on 6 instead. I have a security background and had applied for and missed on the aptl spot by then, so maybe that's why they felt it was ok? Of course now every srtl and above uses an ap walkie so it's not really special anymore.

1 - General
2 - Longer conversations and where you usually find the cart attendant because none of them ever remember to switch back to 1
3 - Backroom
4 - Longer convos when 2 is occupied.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back