Archived walkie channels

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's interesting. At my store, LOD, AP, and GSA/GSTL carry an AP walkie so AP can let us know if a suspicious guest is coming to the front lanes.
Even the GSA/GSTL's get the AP radios? That's really weird. Our STL caught the ETL-LOG with an AP radio and read him the riot act for using it. She doesn't even use them (of course, she keeps a normal walkie stashed in her office for her personal use).

Even the GSA/GSTL's get the AP radios? That's really weird. Our STL caught the ETL-LOG with an AP radio and read him the riot act for using it. She doesn't even use them (of course, she keeps a normal walkie stashed in her office for her personal use).

Yep. We are a high theft store. We usually have super high PMR's every week - mostly from walkouts and electronics. They'll always have us go to 6, and we know to turn our walkie down. They'll say something like "22, male, red" which is the checkout lane, sex of the person, and shirt or hat color". We usually will guest service the person as they are walking out or immediately ask the cashier to K6 the transaction so we can track it.

Front end team at my store works very very closely with AP. Our loss has been reduced dramatically by involving the front end team.

Last edited:
That's interesting. At my store, LOD, AP, and GSA/GSTL carry an AP walkie so AP can let us know if a suspicious guest is coming to the front lanes.

At my store.... we would just say, GSA can you go to 4 Please. And tell them... exactly what was happening.

" Guest (description) . Is pushing up a TV to grocery side. If he walks past the lanes, attempt guest service. "

Honestly. Only your STL, LOD, and AP Team Members, should have AP Walkies. It's really important that, AP conversations are kept private from regular team members.

Mostly out of company liability. But also... due to the simple fact of internal theft.

At my store.... we would just say, GSA can you go to 4 Please. And tell them... exactly what was happening.

" Guest (description) . Is pushing up a TV to grocery side. If he walks past the lanes, attempt guest service. "

Honestly. Only your STL, LOD, and AP Team Members, should have AP Walkies. It's really important that, AP conversations are kept private from regular team members.

Mostly out of company liability. But also... due to the simple fact of internal theft.

Our internal theft rate is super low. They use 5 for AP only chatter. We know not to ever go to that channel. We use 1-4 and 6. Our store also has a ton of nosey ass people. If anyone asks anyone else to switch channels, half the store switches to see what's being said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back