Walmart Radio at Target

Should Target do something similar like Walmart does with their music? They have a “radio station” that all the stores use so no matter what store you’re at the music is the exact same at the same time.

They even let you request songs and listen to it on their site. Here is the link. I would at least want the what song is playing and the ability to request songs.

If Spot doesn’t want to pay us more for Q4 then they should at least let us pick the music and know what songs are playing.

On a side note my store has recently gotten music and in my opinion it’s too quiet. It should be louder and in the backroom.
If it’s louder and in the backroom less team members will wear AirPods

Yuk. Many years ago, I worked at a book store that played music throughout the store. This was in the days before Spotify etc., so it was just a local radio station. The experience taught me that quiet is not such a bad thing - not being constantly inundated with noise lets my brain think or just wander when I don't have to think much. If we had music playing, I'd likely be wearing ear buds just to dampen the racket.

Anyone who has wondered how good it might be to have always playing radio system, has never worked in a place with an always playing radio system. This is not your dj curated local station. You will be tuned into an internet or satellite station that is specifically for public broadcasting in shopping centers. This will be a que of 30-50 songs hand selected to be the least offensive songs you can find. This que will remain the same except that about every 4 moths a few songs will be replaced.. and I do mean a FEW. You of course have the option for all Christmas songs. Good luck!

The music is very atmospheric and even calming for the shopper who spends little time in the store. It is a hellscape you can't block out as a worker. Not everyone like all kinds of music and artists. Now imagine being forces to listen to those songs several times a day, every day.

ANYTHING COULD HAPPEN
ANYTHING COULD HAPPEN
ANYTHING COULD HAPPEN
ANYTHING COULD HAPPEN
ANYTHING COULD HAPPEN
ANYTHING COULD HAPPEN
ANYTHING COULD HAPPEN
ANYTHING COULD HAPPEN
ANYTHING COULD HAPPEN
ANYTHING COULD HAPPEN
ANYTHING COULD HAPPEN
ANYTHING COULD HAPPEN
ANYTHING COULD HAPPEN
ANYTHING COULD HAPPEN
ANYTHING COULD HAPPEN

Only mid-2010s grocery store kidz will remember this fr fr no cap

ANYTHING COULD HAPPEN
ANYTHING COULD HAPPEN
ANYTHING COULD HAPPEN
ANYTHING COULD HAPPEN
ANYTHING COULD HAPPEN
ANYTHING COULD HAPPEN
ANYTHING COULD HAPPEN
ANYTHING COULD HAPPEN
ANYTHING COULD HAPPEN
ANYTHING COULD HAPPEN
ANYTHING COULD HAPPEN
ANYTHING COULD HAPPEN
ANYTHING COULD HAPPEN
ANYTHING COULD HAPPEN
ANYTHING COULD HAPPEN

Only mid-2010s grocery store kidz will remember this fr fr no cap
, * shivers* no and you can't make me!

I dunno, I believe music is life... plus it is the same playlist over and over only rarely changing, but then I again I do miss knowing my shift was over when "Love Shack" came on ...

Anyone who has wondered how good it might be to have always playing radio system, has never worked in a place with an always playing radio system. This is not your dj curated local station. You will be tuned into an internet or satellite station that is specifically for public broadcasting in shopping centers. This will be a que of 30-50 songs hand selected to be the least offensive songs you can find. This que will remain the same except that about every 4 moths a few songs will be replaced.. and I do mean a FEW. You of course have the option for all Christmas songs. Good luck!

The music is very atmospheric and even calming for the shopper who spends little time in the store. It is a hellscape you can't block out as a worker. Not everyone like all kinds of music and artists. Now imagine being forces to listen to those songs several times a day, every day.

👆🏻All of this is why even after 14 years away from working at Kohl's, I still cannot listen to most traditional Christmas music (definitely not Baby It's Cold Outside- at least 3 differing versions!) and Counting Crows' Big Yellow Taxi (also played a cover for this so got it double most days).

I will say having worked at a couple Targets with music there is a wider selection; some songs I didn't hear repeated the same day, it was a day or two later.

Should Target do something similar like Walmart does with their music? They have a “radio station” that all the stores use so no matter what store you’re at the music is the exact same at the same time.

They even let you request songs and listen to it on their site. Here is the link. I would at least want the what song is playing and the ability to request songs.

If Spot doesn’t want to pay us more for Q4 then they should at least let us pick the music and know what songs are playing.

On a side note my store has recently gotten music and in my opinion it’s too quiet. It should be louder and in the backroom.
No

i usually step inside the backroom/receiving to avoid music played at target
I have definitely intentionally gone into the backroom many times due to there being an absolutely terrible song playing. Pull part of my one for ones, start heading out to the floor, open the door and hear "Dance Monkey" playing, and think "actually, I can fit a few more things onto this 3 tier" and go back into the backroom.

No Way Meme GIF

I actually discovered some great songs and artists during my time at Sears. Plus, I found I could tune out the mediocre/bad songs, and when the good songs came on it was always a treat. Should've seen me getting my groove on to Intergalactic by the Beastie Boys or living my pop star fantasy to Bon Jovi's Who Says You Can't Go Home and Taylor Swift's Blank Space.

I have definitely intentionally gone into the backroom many times due to there being an absolutely terrible song playing. Pull part of my one for ones, start heading out to the floor, open the door and hear "Dance Monkey" playing, and think "actually, I can fit a few more things onto this 3 tier" and go back into the backroom.
It's funny how that song always makes me realize I need to run back and hunt down some fixtures...same with whatever-the-fuck's-her-name who sounds like her tongue is swelling out of her mouth.

There is this one song that I actually added to my personal playlist. It was Harly’s in Hawaii by Katy Perry KANDY remix. So freaking good. I speed when I listen to that song LMFAO.

Back