Archived Wave zoning?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Instocks scans what is out of stock on the floor. Without rehashing what's been said in other thread about the sales accumulator, whatever gets sent to the floor needs to be stocked to capacity. The system thinks that whatever it sent to the floor is on the floor for sale, so if a full casepack gets pulled from the backroom or pushed from the truck, but the tm doesn't open it because at least half of it won't go out...the sales accumulator has no way to account for this. So if what is left on the floor sells, but it's not enough to trigger a pull from the backroom, then that will end up being a scan with location.

So that would apply to products where capacity is less than case quantity?

So that would apply to products where capacity is less than case quantity?

If the capacity is low, then it should take fewer sales/defects of the item to trigger a pull. Generally, items with a low shelf capacity (see: furniture, small appliances) come in smaller casepacks (as in the quantity, not the size). If the accumulator trigger is greater than the sales floor capacity, then the system is broken and your scans w/ loc score will be crimson because the item will never get pulled in the CAFs.

From what I've read, the accumulator trigger is based off of a set percentage of the sales floor capacity. Which seems to make sense and would be fairly simple to program. So it may or may not be based on casepacks quantities. I'm not exactly sure. Either way, pulls and the truck need to be pushed to the piece.

It seems like this would only be an issue for items where the trigger amount is less than half the case quantity. It would trigger the case to be pulled, less than half would go out, and it would be backstocked. The rest of the items would sell and it may not be enough to trigger it again. I can't think of any items like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back