Archived We Are One Target

Status
Not open for further replies.

RunForACallBox

General Merchandise Expert (Stationery)
Starting in October Spot will be renaming all TargetExpress and CityTargets to just plain Target regardless of size and prototype. Hence the thread title: We are all one Target, according to Workbench.

I get the sense that corp is (in the very long-term) gonna try to open more stores like City and Express, and not open traditional Targets, (I hear they're far more profitable than a normal store). This rebranding would be in line with that goal.

Personally, I have mixed feelings about this decision. I feel that rebranding CityTargets as Target will work well as their product selection is similar in scope to a traditional Target store, but I feel that rebranding the Express stores will create guest confusion, as these stores are dramatically smaller in size and scope.

Naming TargetExpresses just Target is stupid. It's a pretty cool name. Can imagine people being so disappointed when they step in and see the limited selection

But what from what I understand, CityTargets have a different ad and pricing, etc. Will that be changing?

I understand the whole one brand idea, but I don't agree. I think if you're going to offer different format stores you need to designate those formats separately. I wonder if there was feedback from guests that said the Target, Target Express, City Target concept was confusing.

As someone else already pointed out, the names were cool.

I like the separate names. If I'm new to a town that has a TargetExpress which turns into just Target and I go there wanting to buy clothes—which they don't carry—and I go in and see no clothes, imma be like 'wtf!?' I don't see what got people confused. Now I have a Target in my district that is in a busy small city shopping setting. Parking deck underneath, store is on the second floor, not labeled as a CityTarget but in an edition of RED magazine they listed it as a new CityTarget being built so.... But it has the same layout as my GM store with the exception of Pfresh. I just don't see the problem.

Naming TargetExpresses just Target is stupid. It's a pretty cool name. Can imagine people being so disappointed when they step in and see the limited selection

Its a common marketing practice, consolidate and brand everything the same. Its a minor step in a larger grand plan is my guess. This CEO and his team are very deliberate on their actions.

I wonder if they will still play the music at the City Targets ( now Targets) or will it go away? My guess is go away.

I... Didn't like all the names. I call both of them small targets in conversation, not that it comes up often. There's targets, small targets, and super targets. I know I'm still differentiating in general, but I only have access to one type of target here, so I just call them all target. If I had a normal sized target on 3rd and a little one on 15th, I'd differentiate between those as the big target and the little one. Or the one on 3rd and the one on 15th. My store used to be target greatland before I worked there and I never knew wth that meant. And I still have no clue how express and city differ. I'm guessing one is itty bitty and the other is just small. Kanyeshrug.

Idk, I had two dif sized rite aids when I went to school and I just knew the one on Susquehanna was bigger. Prices were also wildly different because the big one drew in the college kids so the prices were higher and they had more school supplies and overpriced printer cartridges and all that jazz.

I... Didn't like all the names. I call both of them small targets in conversation, not that it comes up often. There's targets, small targets, and super targets. I know I'm still differentiating in general, but I only have access to one type of target here, so I just call them all target. If I had a normal sized target on 3rd and a little one on 15th, I'd differentiate between those as the big target and the little one. Or the one on 3rd and the one on 15th. My store used to be target greatland before I worked there and I never knew wth that meant. And I still have no clue how express and city differ. I'm guessing one is itty bitty and the other is just small. Kanyeshrug.

Idk, I had two dif sized rite aids when I went to school and I just knew the one on Susquehanna was bigger. Prices were also wildly different because the big one drew in the college kids so the prices were higher and they had more school supplies and overpriced printer cartridges and all that jazz.
According to to an article one of the CityTargets was bigger than a GM. It's just more urban. I'm assuming multiple floors, too. And Express has no softlines. Anyone can elaborate further if I got things wrong.

Am I hearing things correctly that some greatlands are closing?? I saw it somewhere where one was closing........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back