Archived Weekly Ad Prep

Status
Not open for further replies.

StupidGirlSuit

Team (Pokemon) Trainer
I'm going to be taking over the ad prep for the circular for an undisclosed amount of time while the usual team member is unavailable.

Does anyone on the board do this? Do you normally do it alone? Is there a specific routine you follow to get everything done on time?

I feel like I'm not going to be given enough time to learn how to do everything before this team member leaves. There won't be anyone else available in store to go to with questions(which makes me even more nervous).

I'm only going to be training with her for a few hours a day for three days. The issue I'm having with this is that I'll be seeing various random steps of the process and won't really get a good idea of everything I need to do start to finish. I voiced these concerns and got a "It'll be fine" + pat on the arm, but at this point, I don't really see how. :huh:

For sign prep, just locate the signs. There is a 48 page guide on ad prep. It suggested to use pog numbers for location in rf apps. If you need help, just ask your tl, signing tm, or patl. They are supposed to know on how to the process too.

Last edited:
Thanks. I was told there wasn't any material on workbench. :pardon: I'll be sure to hunt that down. Also, can you explain to me the purpose of the Toss/Print report. I don't understand it. My trainer had me go through and toss, then mark off what we had from the print. We were missing a lot of the print but instead of printing them, he said, "Oh well, I don't care." and threw it away.

Why was I instructed to spend time on it if it was just going in the trash?

*cracks knuckles*

Okay.
I ended up taking over the ad prep when our girl just kinda never came back. I learned pretty much everything on the fly, but knowing a bit about plano and how it operates helped me a lot.

My process:
Mondays your main box of stacks should be in. They have until Wednesday to get there. Thses are your Circular stacks.

You pretty much breack each stack open in order and sort them by aisle.

Towards the end of your stacks you'll have what I call your "scan in" signs. These signs are either new pogs, revisions, or certain random signs that will never give you a location. A lot of it will be product you don't carry in your store.

The most important thing you have to remember is you're locating the signs for where they are currently. The locations on (say the new pog signing) is where they'll be in the future. You need to write down the current location.

For signs with no locations, they will send you two for a multiple location if there is one. If not, toss the second one.

Wednesdays, your TPC stacks will come. Same process as the Circular.

Fridays, your Ad Corrections will come. These will sometimes replace signs you already have and add some signing as well.

This is where that Toss/Print list comes in. That report preps you for the Ad Corrections. I only use it to double check I got everything. It's not really that important.

M, W, F you will receive 7x11's as well. I don't scan the softline signing, but I go through and scan through the hardline signing and either mark the endcap or write the pog number of the endcap if it's not set yet. Sort by aisle. Softlines I sort by department: Mens, Womens, Boys/Girls, Infants, Accessories/Shoes.

If you're not familar with plano, talk to the PTL and ask them to go over the adjacency calander wit you. I find it helpful to see the new pogs coming up. Revisions are on there too.

Always check the date of the pog in you PDA.

Another thing I suggest is become familar with the department numbers. It will help with sorting, especially softlines. (Workbench > Salesfloor > Online Planogram The dropdown has each department and their name.)

There is info on this in workbench. Prepping Promotional Signing - Workbench > Salesfloor > Signing > Promotional Signing

Cheers!
Any questions you have feel free to message me.

Thank you so much, dyskrasia! This gives me a better idea of when I can expect to get everything. I don't really know anything about plano, but I do know the TL so I'll be sure to have a chat with her.

As someone who handled the Sunday morning Adset for a couple of years I can tell you it sounds like you do so much better than our store did.
The ad prep there pretty much consisted of a a couple of hours to sort on Friday with the person gunning through them as fast as they could and not bothering to take care of duplicates.
I can't tell you how many times we found the ad corrections still sitting in the boxes and we had to sort them before we could even start scanning.
And to be honest if a sign came up as needing a new one printed when we scanned it in, the chances were good it just went in the trash never to be thought of again.

Sorry but what do you mean by "check the date of the pog in the PDA"? I know I have to check the start date in the sign but what about the pog?

Also, when I scan the item barcode and it gives me multiple locations, which should I follow... the correct location (ex. 1-2-1.01) or the correct pog? Thank you so much for nay help!!

Thank you. I know there is a pog number when I scan a sign but what is its significance in ad prep? Why should I pay attention to the date? And when I printed the audit prep report, I saw "RSRCHPOG" or something like that, how does one research a pog? <---- sorry but I've been thrown into the process pretty much without much training. They did sent me to another for training but I found that it was not really that helpful.

Also, when I scan the item barcode and it gives me multiple locations, which should I follow... the correct location (ex. 1-2-1.01) or the correct pog? When we scan in the signs, do we include the copies? Do we need to wait for all takedown to be finished before we start scanning in the signs? Sorry for a lot of questions but thank you so much for any help that you can give!

Use pog number. Because end cap shelves could way different than the aisles. You don't have to wait do takedown. You can starting scanning after 10pm sat night.

Use pog number. Because end cap shelves could way different than the aisles. You don't have to wait do takedown. You can starting scanning after 10pm sat night.
I know we are to follow the pog but what if it no longer has a location? This is usually my issue with batteries, how do I know which new location to put down? I've been told to put down the pog with the closest looking location but that seems a little hard to do if its way off, plus I'm having to look down a big list of battery locations thanks to the sidecaps & check lanes.

Thank you!! The store that I trained in waited till all takedowns were done before they start scanning the signs in for setup =)

I know we are to follow the pog but what if it no longer has a location? This is usually my issue with batteries, how do I know which new location to put down? I've been told to put down the pog with the closest looking location but that seems a little hard to do if its way off, plus I'm having to look down a big list of battery locations thanks to the sidecaps & check lanes.

My TL had me printed a list from the Audit Report for this Sun. We try to clear that list after we do setup for Adset and today, I had signs where the PDA tells me its location but the POG is wrong so I checked the list and as long as the sign has the correct item number, I use that location that the PDA showed me. I have to check tomorrow to see if they are really there though. If they are, I'll do it that way. If not, I'll set it aside and see if there's any coming from Fri's ad corrections.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back