Archived Weekly Coupons -HOW are they presented?

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those who assist our Guests at the Front End, how do you find most of your transactions with the weekly Target Coupons are applied?

Do your Guests retrieve a flyer from the area at the entrance in which they clip the Coupons and hand them to you in order to get the savings or White Gift Card?
-OR-
Do they utilize the Target App and clip the Coupons digitally?

A guest just shoved the ad coupon for a turkey at me and asked if they could keep it because it was the ad. I said no and they'd need to get another copy of the ad. Then, I reflected on how fucking stupid that was and told them to keep the ad and use it again if they wanted another turkey.

Suck it corporate bootlicker.

A guest just shoved the ad coupon for a turkey at me and asked if they could keep it because it was the ad. I said no and they'd need to get another copy of the ad. Then, I reflected on how fucking stupid that was and told them to keep the ad and use it again if they wanted another turkey.

Suck it corporate bootlicker.
Providing the flyer to use as they wish is fine.

The question is really to learn how, from you, how many of our Guests actually utilize the Target App to it's fullest, how many are oblivious, how many just expect you to "fork over" discounts for nothing as if you're their personal shopper, etc.

Reactions: Dog
Most of our guests can't manage to read the words Cartwheel or Coupon on the signs. They pitch massive shit fits when those discounts don't come off automatically because "theeesiiiiigggnnnnnsaaaiiiiddssoooooooo". And as has been discussed ad nauseum here, the middle of checking someone out is not an effective time to try and train someone on how to use our digital coupons.

Most of our guests can't manage to read the words Cartwheel or Coupon on the signs. They pitch massive shit fits when those discounts don't come off automatically because "theeesiiiiigggnnnnnsaaaiiiiddssoooooooo". And as has been discussed ad nauseum here, the middle of checking someone out is not an effective time to try and train someone on how to use our digital coupons.
Seems to me we have very lazy, arrogant Guests who somehow got the idea our TMs will do everything but load their cars with their purchases.

Oh wait... that'd be Drive Up. How silly of me.

At our store, sometimes the wifi is weird, so the app crashes. Personally, when I shop there, I carry the paper ad with me anyway.
I wonder if they are too far away from the entrance to be seen, picked up, and utilized.

If Guests can miss the giant words on Signing of "with Cartwheel' and "with Coupon" they probably can't find the circular either.

A lot of time is spent helping (spoon feeding) Guests discounts and I speculate they've been conditioned to our TMs doing it for them, which evades the whole purpose of offering Cartwheel, Target App., and Coupons.

A lot of time is spent helping (spoon feeding) Guests discounts and I speculate they've been conditioned to our TMs doing it for them

It's cute that you think salesfloor TMs read the ad and know what current discounts are available on Cartwheel, let alone spend time spoon feeding them to guests. Ain't no one got time for that shit.

@TargetScanMan are you gathering information to file a report back to corporate?
Clearly he has not worked in a store or he would know the ad is hanging up as the guest walks into the store. Most of us here who work in the stores know guests do not read or comprehend well. They see what they want to see.

Last edited:
A lot of time is spent helping (spoon feeding) Guests discounts and I speculate they've been conditioned to our TMs doing it for them, which evades the whole purpose of offering Cartwheel, Target App., and Coupons.
The spoon-fed, entitled guest has been conditioned over the years by corp's less-than-stellar ideas like 'vibing' & the 'yes desk'.

It's cute that you think salesfloor TMs read the ad and know what current discounts are available on Cartwheel, let alone spend time spoon feeding them to guests. Ain't no one got time for that shit.
I mean I sorta do. I try to look at the ad and cartwheels to see what I have to deal with for the week.

Then again I'm in a sales department. Also that knowledge came in good use when I was SFS

Seems to me we have very lazy, arrogant Guests who somehow got the idea our TMs will do everything but load their cars with their purchases.

Oh wait... that'd be Drive Up. How silly of me.
As a new mom not wanting her baby to get the flu or rsv, drive up has been pretty handy.
Also unloading the stroller and car seat is a bitch sometimes.

I mean I sorta do. I try to look at the ad and cartwheels to see what I have to deal with for the week.

Then again I'm in a sales department. Also that knowledge came in good use when I was SFS

You are in electronics though with a sales goal. So, that's different. I'm in toys. No one bothers to even tell me what we have on sale that week and they don't give me paid time to look at the ad or cartwheel. They haven't even given my a copy of the toys catalog. The only thing anyone in leadership has said about sales to me was Thursday was just a quick headsup of the Black Friday sneak peak. But, they couldn't tell me what was included when I asked.

"Report back"?

No. This is a place to speak openly about your concerns and feelings. I would never breach such privacy and would condemn anyone with thoughts or plans to do such.
Ok, so speak freely about your concerns and feelings, what was the worst experience you have had while working for Target?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back