MEGATHREAD Welp, masks are back again...

I have a ChoiceMMed pulse oximeter, which is a good brand. I took a test without a mask on and got a 98%. Put my mask on for about 10 minutes and paced back and forth to simulate working on the salesfloor. Took a reading again and I actually got 99%

Look, I get it, masks are annoying. And I have questions myself about whether the new guidance was really necessary for vaccinated people. But let’s be careful spreading myths.

Last edited:
Lol it’s the principle of being forced to do something against your will without your word or choice in the matter

Lol wow some people are dense don’t you think by now most people who wanted the vaccine has already gotten it? My dad had COVID back in April and still doesn’t wan’t it and most of the people around him are they same way, I got my shots but still think everything is BS I know Covid is real but the media blows it up. By just putting masks back it’s going to make people doubt the vaccine and if we do this for every variant it will never end might as well make masks law at that point. Should just let people make there own decisions on masks and the vaccines instead of forcing it. You know a virus can burn itself out after it doesn’t have anyone left to infect right?
I remember when seatbelt laws were a "my life my choice" issue. No biggie there, either. Don't wear it and pay the consequences (which, if it isn't injury/death is a healthy fine in our state) So here's your choice (I'll leave humanity and politics and science out of it because those discussions make me weary these days): wear it or pay the consequences. The consequence of no paycheck because my at will employer sets policies that I don't think should pertain to me so I won't follow them looms large in my world. Same reason I take a lunch when they tell me to (we don't have "lunch laws" for adults in our state), wear a red shirt (red is not my color), and don't work overtime even if I need more money. I don't have a choice and feel "forced" to do those things and not a single person asked me what I think about it or has let me choose.

This stage in the pandemic has brought out a different faction of folks. There were always those that followed all guidelines such as distancing, masking, staying home as much as possible, they got the vaccine and are still doing the rest. Then there are the polar opposite, obviously no masks (begrudgingly if forced), no vaccines, no social restrictions once things opened up, etc.

Now we have this new faction of people who bore more resemblance to the former and now are more like the latter. "I did my part, I followed the rules, I'm vaccinated now and I'm done."

As Dr. Fauci said, the rules haven't changed, the virus has. We have to play the hand we are dealt. This variant ain't no joke, the vaccines aren't sterilizing (and yes, some people thought they were or incredibly close, and many still do), younger people are more vulnerable, and the mask mandates were dropped way too soon. Truth.

This stage in the pandemic has brought out a different faction of folks. There were always those that followed all guidelines such as distancing, masking, staying home as much as possible, they got the vaccine and are still doing the rest. Then there are the polar opposite, obviously no masks (begrudgingly if forced), no vaccines, no social restrictions once things opened up, etc.

Now we have this new faction of people who bore more resemblance to the former and now are more like the latter. "I did my part, I followed the rules, I'm vaccinated now and I'm done."

As Dr. Fauci said, the rules haven't changed, the virus has. We have to play the hand we are dealt. This variant ain't no joke, the vaccines aren't sterilizing (and yes, some people thought they were or incredibly close, and many still do), younger people are more vulnerable, and the mask mandates were dropped way too soon. Truth.
im aware of that we just have to accept the fact covid isnt going away for good at this point. if we just keep doing this when a new variant pops up this will never end masks will be seasonal just like the flu. and meh if i get termed for not complying with masks i can work with my dad at his place which he owns and wont require masks

by just putting the masks back its going to make people doubt in the vaccines in the first place, how is this the land of the free if we keep getting forced to do something? that is not freedom thats being controlled. let us make our own decisions, let the unvaccinated get it and potentially die, i mean death is inevitable and the world will move on, as far as im concerned the world is cleansing itself of the virus that is humanity. Theres something besides the virus behind this i feel. I absolutely will not wear a mask outside in 80 degrees or above while pushing carts and if they want to place me in corrective action or w/e then so be it. im at the point where i don't care anymore
Oh great, another conspiracy theorist! 🥰 Honey, this is still very much the land of the free. No one is forcing you to work in a place where you are unhappy and there is an abundance of jobs out there... Go find one that shares your opinion. Fortunately most of the government places saving lives at a higher priority than your inconveniences.

so then all you mask lovers if those who arent vaccinated never get it will maskls be a forever thing? there has a to a point where we just leave those who don't want it alone and let them deal with the effects and those who got it to move on with there lives. we have bigger problems then covid going on in the world but everyone is too dumb to see that the human race is killing this planet and it's going to fight back someday. maybe a few hundred thousand less lives is a good thing for the planet. its a virus with a 98% chance to live just let it go. if it was something like 40% chance to live thats something to worry about. like if ebola mutated to be airborne with the transmissive rate of Delta Covid then thats something to be concerned about imo

two team members quit at my store the 2nd they got asked to put there mask back on. told the ETL to fuck off and walked out
Don’t blame them but I would’ve put in my two weeks for that if I had a job lined up.

What it comes down to is people who don't want to wear masks just don't want to be told what to do. They don't care who it hurts or why. They say its because of conspiracies or politics or whatever but in the end its just about them. They don't care if they infect anyone else because they are selfish. They believe the lies. I will continue to wear it because I feel it is the right thing to do for me and others around me.
Yeah ok sheep, Except us “Conspiracy theorists Republicans” have been right the whole time things started to add up. Masks don’t work, the vaccine doesn’t either. Cry.

I think the masks will be around until at least we see how this flu season goes with the vaccine. If there’s significantly less death more akin to the flu, burn your masks

Yeah ok sheep, Except us “Conspiracy theorists Republicans” have been right the whole time things started to add up. Masks don’t work, the vaccine doesn’t either. Cry.
you have literally never been right, ever, and it’s absolutely hilarious that you can’t see it. i wish you all the best in your future misery. goodbye

you have literally never been right, ever, and it’s absolutely hilarious that you can’t see it. i wish you all the best in your future misery. goodbye
Wow you’re so tough and naive to believe everything you hear, Go to your safe space chump. 😂

The official wording on Target's site is we require face coverings for our team members and strongly recommend face coverings for all guests in areas with substantial or high risk of transmission, as defined by the CDC.

I think that phrasing is a little confusing, considering the current CDC guidance is for all people (regardless of vaccination status) to wear a mask indoors in (a) areas of substantial or high transmission and (b) K-12 schools. I think most are interpreting it as "we require face coverings for [all] of our team members," but I see how others could read it as "we require face coverings for our team members...in areas with substantial or high risk of transmission."

According to my DSD, it is required for all team members and strongly recommended for guests as of August 3, but we do have a small number of team members pushing back because of the way they worded it. We are not in a high risk area currently.
We have a few in FF who think cause they are in black they aren't Target TM s. As well as expecting the waters to part when they choose to barrel down an aisle of freight and guests, and never EVER say thank you when you find their item on your time. Now do this mask less.

We have a few in FF who think cause they are in black they aren't Target TM s. As well as expecting the waters to part when they choose to barrel down an aisle of freight and guests, and never EVER say thank you when you find their item on your time. Now do this mask less.

Fulfillment should be wearing red and should also be greeting guests. If they aren't, that's a coaching. And, if they aren't getting coached for that, it should be a coaching for your fulfillment TL and ETL-GM.

As far as forced to wear masks, well I hate wearing shoes. Seriously I do, I'm not making a pretend answer. I need something outside I'm walking barefoot on the concrete/asphalt or in the grass, even if we're talking a quarter mile or little more. While sitting at my desk I slip my shoes off and hurriedly put them back on when I have to stand. My toes love freedom and my feet love being cool and not feeling compressed.

So guess what I do when I go anywhere far enough that requires driving? I slip something on my feet. Why? Because I have to if I want to go anywhere. Second why? Because dropped glass containers aren't fun and sometimes itty bitty shards are missed during sweeping. Because shod people can track in dog poo. Because someone might accidentally bump into me and step on my freedom loving toes.

I trust science, I trust the numbers, I feel just as immune as I am to other diseases that I've been vaccinated for. Maybe even better, since some of my vaccines are about 45 years old and I'm sure there has to be variants of those viruses or waning immunity due to age.

But if stores or my work start requiring masks again I'm going to hate it, I'm going to loathe it and I'm going to put the stupid thing on with a lot of grumbling...just like I put shoes on.

Having said that, I personally think that we have hit a point in this country where not a damn thing is going to change the minds of those who have not been vaccinated. They are going to ignore it all, the logic, the requests for empathy, the numbers, the images of people suffering. They are set in their way. So the only practical thing is stop talking, take steps to save ourselves and let them take their chances with Lady Fate. It's useless, utterly useless to try and get them to be vaccinated. We can only react defensively at this point, we can plan a life based only on current statistics and trends. Screw them, simply because any further attempts at convincing will only aggravate our blood pressure and do nothing to change their minds.

As far as forced to wear masks, well I hate wearing shoes. Seriously I do, I'm not making a pretend answer. I need something outside I'm walking barefoot on the concrete/asphalt or in the grass, even if we're talking a quarter mile or little more. While sitting at my desk I slip my shoes off and hurriedly put them back on when I have to stand. My toes love freedom and my feet love being cool and not feeling compressed.

So guess what I do when I go anywhere far enough that requires driving? I slip something on my feet. Why? Because I have to if I want to go anywhere. Second why? Because dropped glass containers aren't fun and sometimes itty bitty shards are missed during sweeping. Because shod people can track in dog poo. Because someone might accidentally bump into me and step on my freedom loving toes.

I trust science, I trust the numbers, I feel just as immune as I am to other diseases that I've been vaccinated for. Maybe even better, since some of my vaccines are about 45 years old and I'm sure there has to be variants of those viruses or waning immunity due to age.

But if stores or my work start requiring masks again I'm going to hate it, I'm going to loathe it and I'm going to put the stupid thing on with a lot of grumbling...just like I put shoes on.

Having said that, I personally think that we have hit a point in this country where not a damn thing is going to change the minds of those who have not been vaccinated. They are going to ignore it all, the logic, the requests for empathy, the numbers, the images of people suffering. They are set in their way. So the only practical thing is stop talking, take steps to save ourselves and let them take their chances with Lady Fate. It's useless, utterly useless to try and get them to be vaccinated. We can only react defensively at this point, we can plan a life based only on current statistics and trends. Screw them, simply because any further attempts at convincing will only aggravate our blood pressure and do nothing to change their minds.
This right here is what I agree with, we won’t get that herd immunity with vaccinations

This right here is what I agree with, we won’t get that herd immunity with vaccinations
Don't you mean, we won't get herd immunity without vaccinations? It's been attempted and it flat out doesn't work with Covid. All it did was result in cases spiking completely out of control. And this was in a smaller country with way better health care than we have here.

Back