MEGATHREAD Welp, masks are back again...

Why does the compensation part worry you? It's the same fund that is used for injuries from other vaccines, like getting full blown polio from the polio vaccine. It's not a special thing, the fund has been around forever.

As I said elsewhere, the short time should actually be condemnation for other vaccines taking so long to get to market, allowing people to die or be permanently disabled from the disease without prevention.

And if you are so worried about mRNA specifically, why don't you schedule for a vaccine that works differently?

Just started getting covid texts after 5 months lol.
I never stopped wearing my mask because I have a family member who is immunocompromised.
After a couple months of no cases my store is reporting 1-2 cases each month for the past four.
TMs & guests alike have been going without masks since May; now we're back to stage five.

Why does the compensation part worry you? It's the same fund that is used for injuries from other vaccines, like getting full blown polio from the polio vaccine. It's not a special thing, the fund has been around forever.

As I said elsewhere, the short time should actually be condemnation for other vaccines taking so long to get to market, allowing people to die or be permanently disabled from the disease without prevention.

And if you are so worried about mRNA specifically, why don't you schedule for a vaccine that works differently?
Vaccines typically go through clinical testing for 3+ years before they are approved for market. Sometimes they have to go back to the drawing board or tweak the vaccine to get rid of certain side effects. No one knows the long term side effects or side effects that occur after more than what 8 months? Everyone who got the vaccine is basically the test group for this vaccine. Other vaccines and what is believed to be better more effective vaccines are being developed right now for covid but they are going through clinical trials. Look up covaxin, no one is talking about these vaccines that are on the horizon because it's so political right now and both sides are just pushing their own agendas it's pathetic. Everyone is entitled to their own beliefs and I respect and will listen and have an intelligent conversation with anyone who's willing to do the same.

If Target's CEO was a real leader, he would mandate that all employees be vaccinated or terminated.

Unfortunately, there probably won't be a mandate since Target's handling of pandemic has been pathetic and inept. The only thing Target cares about is pushing sales. Target does not care about the healthy and safety of their employees.
Give me a signed, binding legal document saying as such, and I’ll get the vaccine. That way, if I end up with long term health consequences from said vaccine, up to and including death, my family will have recourse. Target already tried providing vaccines on site, which were J&J, that were tied to blot clot disorders in many of the women who received it prior to when target offered it. That was a hard pas for me.

The management in your store should be terminated immediately.

The team members at your store should either put on a mask or be terminated immediately.
My store is following direction from the District level. My area and state isn't at the CDC recommended level of transmission to require masks yet. I'm sure it's coming but as of now everyone is following the rules so no need to terminate anyone.

If Target's CEO was a real leader, he would mandate that all employees be vaccinated or terminated.

Unfortunately, there probably won't be a mandate since Target's handling of pandemic has been pathetic and inept. The only thing Target cares about is pushing sales. Target does not care about the healthy and safety of their employees.
I will say that pushing the masks on guests has gotten people shot and killed in some places. They likely want to avoid that happening to any employees. It's why when we had a mask desk they would usually put big dudes up there.

Give me a signed, binding legal document saying as such, and I’ll get the vaccine. That way, if I end up with long term health consequences from said vaccine, up to and including death, my family will have recourse. Target already tried providing vaccines on site, which were J&J, that were tied to blot clot disorders in many of the women who received it prior to when target offered it. That was a hard pas for me.

less than a dozen instances out of 8 million doses is not “many of the women”, please don’t spread misinformation or outright lies. thank you

less than a dozen instances out of 8 million doses is not “many of the women”, please don’t spread misinformation or outright lies. thank you
I got the J&J shot three days before that came out, so I looked up that type of blood clot. At the time it was 6 women out of 6.2 million doses. That particular type of blood clot happens waaay more to women than to men and a woman's chance pre-COVID of getting that blood clot was.....1 in a million. Chances of getting it were completely unchanged. Hyperbole.

Oh piss off communist

Oh piss off communist

Do you think that's an insult?

10477000.gif

I don't debate children. When you grow up, maybe you can join an adult conversation.

Until then, go run around the parking lot chasing carts.
Well then I don’t debate children who believe everything that the government says and from the bias news. Talk to me when you aren’t ignorant.

Y’all keep getting on yalls knees for the government now, I’d hate myself too if I was a soft ignorant mentally weak person who believes everything they hear.

I will say that pushing the masks on guests has gotten people shot and killed in some places. They likely want to avoid that happening to any employees. It's why when we had a mask desk they would usually put big dudes up there.
I
Hahahaha... I'm a tiny female boomer a couple of years from collecting my pension. That was me. 40 hours a week, taking no prisoners and prepared to do it again if needed. Sometimes scary and very mentally exhausting (but nobody but me knew I felt that way. I have been told it's the easiest job in the store, so it must be true though I don't remember when throwing the truck ever being threatened physically, spat upon, being touched or having hands wiped on my shirt, sworn at and having to listen to every side of a political argument there is for 5 out 8 hours a day. I removed/refused more than a couple of anti-maskers and yes, I knew there were potentially lethal risks involved. Plus literally nobody else wanted to do the job. The other 5 people that started quit doing it because they couldn't deal with it and I am honestly glad that they did. They were all quite young and that should not have been the experience they have with their first jobs.

You sort of are. You just hear things from another source while on your knees.
Nice comeback, I’m shaking from another ignorant keyboard warrior coward. 😂 Y’all should wake up like many people are from both sides of the political spectrum if you got a good brain.

I don't mind the heat and humidity so much in the back, it's the anxiety I suffer from having my face covered. So I just gotta suck it up, work my shift, and get the hell outta there. No volunteer OT for me for a while... and now since it was Sweep / Drop Load Vendor day I'm gonna go have a stogie and a beer... Slaointe!

I have asthma and I really really have to pace myself with a mask. But it is something that I have gotten used to having worn full respirators for other jobs I have done and I do quite a bit of painting at home so that one it doesn't so much restrict your breathing but you can tell you are pushing and pulling air through filters and you have work with how slow the air flows and not get your breathing above that cause you can feel like you can't breathe in one. That used to make me panic a bit until I learned the trick of "Slow the fuck down you only go as fast as air flows through those filters!!"

I got the J&J shot three days before that came out, so I looked up that type of blood clot. At the time it was 6 women out of 6.2 million doses. That particular type of blood clot happens waaay more to women than to men and a woman's chance pre-COVID of getting that blood clot was.....1 in a million. Chances of getting it were completely unchanged. Hyperbole.
Also, aren't you at a much greater risk of developing dangerous blood clots from other more commonly used medications that has been out for years, like insaids and birth control? Hell, from what I've read, the people who have been on ventilators because of Covid have a huge risk for blood clots among other things. I agree, that bit about the J&J vaccine was a bit much.🙄

We got phizer at mine.

Nice comeback, I’m shaking from another ignorant keyboard warrior coward. 😂 Y’all should wake up like many people are from both sides of the political spectrum if you got a good brain.
Unsure what makes you think that I'm a coward. I am not ignorant. I am pretty good at the keyboard and have been called a warrior for a whole lot of reasons that are not keyboard related, but I'll take that one. Many people, including myself, do look at both sides of a political issue when making decisions. You do not seem to be one of those, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. You are aware that there actually are two sides.

Also, aren't you at a much greater risk of developing dangerous blood clots from other more commonly used medications that has been out for years, like insaids and birth control? Hell, from what I've read, the people who have been on ventilators because of Covid have a huge risk for blood clots among other things. I agree, that bit about the J&J vaccine was a bit much.🙄
Well that's the interesting thing. This exact type of blood clot occurs in the brain so it's actually a type of stroke. Blew my mind that it's called a blood clot even though the location it forms fast tracks to the brain. That's why they were saying clotting medication makes this type of blood clot worse.

And yeah, lots of things increases the risks of strokes.

Back